Reasons to DISLIKE Porzingis...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:Injuries aren't a measure of softness or else Dock Rose would be considered soft...
I'll be the first to admit that Rose is injury prone, or better yet snake bitten. But for you to compare his REAL injuries (torn ACL, torn meniscus - 2x, fractured orbital bone) to Putback-P's aches and pains shows how much of a nut you truly are...

Swaggerblaster. 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

but melo and rose didn't even play against the celtics :LOL:

We tuned in to that game just to watch The Kristaps Porzingis Show. To see what he'd do without Rose crowding the driving lanes and Melo crowding the paint (although statistically, Melo very rarely plays in the paint this year)... And KP played soft. Now, im not going to go quite as far as KFISF and say that KP IS soft... but he certainly played soft

Oh my bad, I thought we were talking about the entire season, to which I thought I gave a decent argument. Not a single game. I once watched Patrick Ewing score a single point in a game he played 36 minutes in. I guess he can't score.

At the end of the day after an 82 game season your stat line is a pretty fair snapshot of what you were. Kristaps snap shot will say that he averaged 18pt/7boards and 2 blks on a team in which he's not playing C and the two vets ahead of him are ball dominant and considered guys of selfish charectar. Now I might disagree but last I checked both players were untradeable and KP would be the get of the entire nba if he were available.

And lastly, Im sick of yall waiting till basically a skeleton crew is available to start judging players yet the ones you defend get to have everyone at thier disposal. It's not like Rose or Anthony is producing any wins without the other two cuz they can't muster 40 with each other so please with that "when Melo and Rose didn't play" bullshit. Same shit when Jennings was here cuz apparently he's supposed to win every game Rose misses, meanwhile Rose has a losing record even with the benefit of Jennings behind him and the second unit is the one keeping us in games. It's the same dumb argument.
NYGM
Likes given: 470

People calling KP soft when the kid challenges everything around the rim?..

Hopefully a stronger KP next year will silence that nonsense...
Either way, Porzingis has a goal of getting stronger in his base and becoming more aggressive offensively.

"Getting stronger. That’s going to be a major key for me. And staying low — offensively and defensively. It’s going to be leg strength," Porzingis said. "Driving to the hoop is going to be big for me. I’m going to work so hard this summer. It’s going to be a huge summer for me. It’s going to be a long summer, but I’m excited about it and coming back better."
lxn_

^^ I really hope you're right and he does come back a lot stronger. I just hope he sets some measurable goals like reach a certain weight for example. In my opinion 245 is the ideal weight and see how he does from there, just handle it carefully.
NYGM

lxn_ wrote:^^ I really hope you're right and he does come back a lot stronger. I just hope he sets some measurable goals like reach a certain weight for example. In my opinion 245 is the ideal weight and see how he does from there, just handle it carefully.
No need of certain weight IMO..

What we need him is to be wiry strong and explosive.. Not neccesary bulking in excces..
taowave
Likes given: 817

The 7-foot-3, 240-pound Knicks forward’s offseason goal is to get stronger, and he said he will use untraditional methods — he noted boxing among them — in addition to lifting weights.

“I’ll be doing a little bit of something I haven’t done before that’s not attached to basketball maybe that will help my game,’’ Porzingis said. “I’ll experiment a bit over the summer.’’

Of course, lifting weights is the major priority. Porzingis, 21, says his offseason regimen will be “more focused’’ than last season. The Knicks coaching staff felt he wasn’t strong enough to hold deep position on the low post and sometimes, on his drives, he got knocked off his stride.

“No. 1 is hitting the weight room, being there twice a day, living in there 24/7,’’ Porzingis said Wednesday when the Knicks won their season finale over the 76ers. “It’s going to be a huge summer for me, to get better and come into next season stronger.

“Last summer I was still learning what I wanted to do, what I wanted my routine to look like. This year it’ll be clearer — when I want to work out, how long, what I need to work on more, what I need to focus on. It’s a little clearer what I want to do this offseason.’’
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

After hearing KP skipped his meeting with Phil, I can no longer participate in this thread.

To Kristaps, I say...

[youtube]Ll9nfNlDLII[/youtube]
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
KnicksFanInSouthFL

It's all background noise until I either see an improvement to his game or his he comes into next season's training camp lookin' like Ivan Drago...

That said, I wanna believe in him but he has to help me.

[youtube]_MiiT5eGkPQ[/youtube]
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Until then this thread will live on...

[youtube]9lEECc9Q4Q4[/youtube]
[youtube]t9H4au5HQ3c[/youtube]

Fuckin' soft Prick!!!
NYGM

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:It's all background noise until I either see an improvement to his game or his he comes into next season's training camp lookin' like Ivan Drago...

That said, I wanna believe in him but he has to help me.
Help you?..

Nahh.. The kid is legit..

No need to get injured going Drago.. Let's see him grow...
H20Knick

NYGM wrote: Help you?..

Nahh.. The kid is legit..

No need to get injured going Drago.. Let's see him grow...
if he gets injured going Drago, he is indeed too soft to play the type of basketball i've been watching in the playoffs this weekend.
In Thibs we trust.

H20Knick

Side note:

Anyone want to comment on Embiid's higher ppg, rpg, bpg, apg, in 7 FEWER mpg with a higher FG% AND 3pt% in his short rookie season compared to KP this year?
In Thibs we trust.

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

Embiid is 23 and has already missed 130 games. KP is 21 and knows what he needs to improve on, he was putting up outrageous numbers the first 30 games of this season as well.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
NYGM

H20Knick wrote:
if he gets injured going Drago, he is indeed too soft to play the type of basketball i've been watching in the playoffs this weekend.
Soft? WTF are you talking about?..

KP is a Skinny tall player from Latvia.. He needs to train properly and gain weight gradually.. There is a LONG list of tall players getting injuries bulking up and not letting his lower body to gain the neccesary strenght to carry the weight...

Look at Ben Simmons (not as taller) or other bigs with knee/foot problems...
NYGM

H20Knick wrote:Side note:

Anyone want to comment on Embiid's higher ppg, rpg, bpg, apg, in 7 FEWER mpg with a higher FG% AND 3pt% in his short rookie season compared to KP this year?
Different players... Embiid is really good IMO..

He can't play as diverse game as KP..

Also he gets injured A LOT..

That's why i want KP to get stronger gradually.. I'm fully aware that he needs to get stronger and he seems to be aware too..
lxn_

^^^^

Why keep bringing up Ben Simmons? the dude added 25-30lbs in one summer of course he'll get injured. No one here suggests KP do that. Just add 4-7lbs of muscle is reasonable IMO, just anything measurable to know if he actually got stronger. He came in to camp the same weight as his rookie season that is whats disappointing to me.
Last edited by lxn_ on April 16th, 2017, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYGM

lxn_ wrote:^^^^

Why keep bringing up Ben Simmons? the dude added 25-30lbs in one summers ofcourse hell get injured. No one here suggests KP do that. Just add 4-7lbs of muscle is reasonable IMO, just anything measurable to know if he actually got stronger. He came in to camp the same weight as his rookie season that is whats disappointing to me.
People keep talking about bulking up..

Totally agree with him needing to get stronger.. But i really like to see him "wiry strong" and explosive than just bulking up like crazy..

You need to start from the core to the bottom first.. Then you can add some bulk up..

What we need is patience.. Expect him to come with 10 more lbs next season..
KnicksFanInSouthFL

[youtube]tmOhk8Fv5ZE[/youtube]

The physical transformation from season to season for the Greek Freak has been very noticeable... And the same can be said for guys like Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns.

Putback-P not so much... The sad thing is even at his very best he won't be anywhere close to those guys in terms of their overall potential. So if anybody should be putting in the work it should be him.
gradyandrew

KP is good and all but that ceiling got brought down big time this season.
Randle in the Rafters
NYGM

gradyandrew wrote:KP is good and all but that ceiling got brought down big time this season.
Not sure about that..

And they say you can't rebuild in NY!