2017 NBA Playoffs

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

#TeamTank
shakespeare

Predictions
1) As usual, LeBron has a cakewalk to the Finals. Book it.
2) Part of me believes Wizards will defeat Celtics in the 2nd round.
3) Part of me believes Rockets will defeat Spurs in the 2nd round.
4) I'm sure everyone wants to see Westbrook vs Durant in the WC Finals, but it won't happen.
5) Bucks vs Raptors would've been a great series if Jabari Parker hadn't gotten injured.
6) The playoffs are were stars become superstars, in my humble opinion. That said, the stage is set for John Wall to become a superstar. Will he? By now, we all know that an inspired Washington is the ONLY team with an outside chance of beating Cleveland. But it would take a momunental series on behalf on Wall. Spoiler Alert: Dont hold your breath. LeBron is STILL LeBron
7) Who can win more than 2 game against Golden State?
8) Blazers' backcourt vs Warriors' backcourt will be good basketball. But Durantula...
9) Harden vs Westbrook: The league couldn't have asked for a better opening round matchup.
10) After all the dust has settled, after all the opening round, second round and conference finals highlights have been played and replayed on Sportscenter over and over and over again...expect Cavs vs Warriors III.

AND THE WINNER IS...
We are all witnesses.
#TeamTank
lxn_

learned my lesson the hard way. Go with whoever Stephen a doesnt pick. and before that not sure though i think he picked boston and orlando lol and ofcourse last year he went with GS the curse is real
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Part of me wants to say San Antonio will win it all because for the last 2 decades they tend to do that whenever people start sleeping on them. But I really don't know how Tony Parker can do anything with Steph. Gasol would have to revert back to Lakers-Gasol.

As much as I hate dislike Cleveland I have to root against the Celtics because it's just not fair that they could have the first pick in this draft, next years draft and they're good. I'd just be thrilled if anyone outside of Boston, Cleveland and GS won. If the inevitable occurs I'll be rooting for Cleveland.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

the celtics aren't beating the wizards in a 7 game series.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 255

Im really just so disinterested with the playoffs. That depression of another lost season. My friend argues that I'm not really an nba fan, I'm a knock fan and he may be right. I don't really find any desire to watch non knick games. Yall know I also like the Lakers but even they have been unbearable to watch.

But I wanna stand behind SOMEBODY. So I think this year I'm gonna hitch my wagon to the Washington Wizards. Cool town, never have any hate for us when we play them. Plus I like the evolution of thier players and hope they can upset somebody. Probably get killed by the Cavs but outside of that I think the east is wide open. Here's to John Wall and Co.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2704

^^The Wizard's and the raptors are my teams. Anyone but the Cavs, my bold prediction is that the Warriors will only lose TWO playoff games, matching the great Moses malone and Dr J playoff run.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Koopa Troopa

n8 the gr8 wrote:Part of me wants to say San Antonio will win it all because for the last 2 decades they tend to do that whenever people start sleeping on them. But I really don't know how Tony Parker can do anything with Steph. Gasol would have to revert back to Lakers-Gasol.

As much as I hate dislike Cleveland I have to root against the Celtics because it's just not fair that they could have the first pick in this draft, next years draft and they're good. I'd just be thrilled if anyone outside of Boston, Cleveland and GS won. If the inevitable occurs I'll be rooting for Cleveland.

Ya know against Cleveland a few weeks ago the commentary kept mentioning how weak the spurs are at defending point guards... and then they shut down Kyrie. It wasnt Parker either. It was a concerted team effort. Popovich can make it happen.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Koopa Troopa wrote:Ya know against Cleveland a few weeks ago the commentary kept mentioning how weak the spurs are at defending point guards... and then they shut down Kyrie. It wasnt Parker either. It was a concerted team effort. Popovich can make it happen.
Good point, and that Cleveland game was definitely a statement game. A team effort to shut down Irving is a little different from Steph just because you're helping off of Shumpert rather than Klay. But I'm interested to see what tricks Pop has up his sleeve. I'm glad the Clippers aren't on their side of the bracket.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Championship 16/17

Born Ready!
shakespeare

lxn_ wrote:Go with whoever Stephen a doesnt pick.
Pure comedy.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

nazrmohamed wrote:Im really just so disinterested with the playoffs.
I feel you. But the playoff atmosphere always gets me going. Players seem to really clamp down in the playoffs.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Pacers looking to steal Game 1 in Cleveland.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Cavs escaped.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Bucks can beat Raptors if they believe in themselves.

Even without Parker, they can beat Toronto, in my humble opinion.

The Greek Freak is the most talented player on the court. So, prove it.
#TeamTank
Championship 16/17

shakespeare wrote:Cavs escaped.
LeBron is very good at predicting what players will do. George was salivating for that game winner but didn't get the chance bc Lebron helped. Nate should of had backup play allowing Lebron to switch to Lance Stephenson. He wouldn't of left Lance, CJ was never a threat. Plus Lance kept them in the game. LeBron always guards the inferior player bc it allows him to roam. That player should take it to Lebron and be a key player in your offense b/c he doesn't guard his player, he is like a safety. The game is all mental.
Championship 16/17

shakespeare wrote:Bucks can beat Raptors if they believe in themselves.

Even without Parker, they can beat Toronto, in my humble opinion.

The Greek Freak is the most talented player on the court. So, prove it.
Toronto will not falter to the Bucks.
rebound
Likes given: 1155

Larry Bird is going to have a pull off a magic trick to get George to stay.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
shakespeare

Championship 16/17 wrote: CJ was never a threat.
Pacers choked.
#TeamTank
rebound
Likes given: 1155

I like what the bucks have built. Maker looks like the real deal.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.