Hornacek - 4 Years As A Head Coach, 1 Winning Season...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Scorned fans, y'all don't deserve Melo or Rose... 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

outside of the public debacle with Oak and Phil/Melo....I'm good with where we are as a team pick wise/cap wise.

Melo/Rose were given a chance to lead together and this teams shortcomings is in relation of their inability to adapt. Let 1 walk and ask the other where he wants to go and keep it movin.

If Melo wants to stay..fine but everything this team should be doing is getting prepared for KP to be the main guy and put him in a situation to succeed.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Well it cant be Randle
Cant be Woodson

Ill go with Lin

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:
Lin fans, Woodson fans, or Randle fans. Which is my least favourite group? :hmm:
Don Che

Lin fans at that time...thought he was a top 10 PG

Woodson fans...well its literally Tao and Nazr who think he was a good coach which they arent wrong but I dont see us tearing down the rafters if we kept him here.

Randle fans...would be thrilled if he becomes Patrick Beverly....idt thats such a crazy thing to wish for.

He reminds me of a George Hill type guy...minus this year hes a stud but years back he was a keep it simple type guard who helped you win games.

if it wasnt for Harden/PG/Lance handling the playmaking those guys would of never gotten the chance to start in the nba.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Putback-P voicing his frustrations with the coaching staff...
Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans

... That's according to Kristaps Porzingis, who described the confusion in his organization as all-encompassing.

"From top to bottom, everybody," he answered. "So it's hard to play like that."

"We've been switching things up. Never at any point in this season, we played like we wanted to. So it was always like, 'Maybe this will work. Maybe this will work,'" Porzingis said. "So we were kind of looking for stuff and coaches they obviously try to do the best job they can and giving us as much as they can so we have the information. But we never really got it together and were able to execute the way we should have. It's been a lot of confusion."

"First of all, we don't really know the triangle that well. We're really basic with what we do," he said. "So a lot of times, it's basically one-on-one. Whoever it is. Me, Carmelo, Derrick, Courtney. We just try to make something happen. And that's not how it's supposed to be. It's very random."
Link.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Phil is reading that quotation thinking "hah now everyone will realize that I should've been allowed to make Rambis head coach".
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Don Che

I'm reading this thinking...we should of kept Fisher but...I think Jeff can flex his muscle and iron things out after we fulfill the tank.

The tank is too important
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Link
The Knicks' triangle drama continues: Hornacek thinks it could attract free agents

“There might be players that think (the triangle offense is a deterrent) but there are also probably players out there that say ‘Oh man, I’d like to run something like that,’” Hornacek said on Wednesday. “There are guys that may not necessarily like to run around and in (screen) staggers and all that stuff. It’s still an offense where guys, if they’re knowledgeable about the game, should like.”
Translation, Phil wants euro's...
taowave

Translation..Jeff's on the hot seat and will say anything.
Geolink

Jeff's system seems to focus around the guards and he has to stop that to run Phil's triangle.
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Don Che

no way Phil fires Jeff..it'll look too bad on our end
taowave

I don't think Dolan let's him fire Jeff without Phil coaching.However,Phil's ass is on the line,and if I were him I would want to go down with Rambis or some other triangle misfit.

I get that.

Don Che wrote:no way Phil fires Jeff..it'll look too bad on our end
bobhait
Likes given: 63

Phil does not get to fire yet another coach without having to go down to the sidelines and coach this mess of a team himself. Dolan is paying him 12 mil per year, so there is a finite number on the misery Jax is allowed to add on to that. put it this way, if Zeke, whom JD still loves, had to do it and then got fired, so can Zen Master.

the one thing that baffles me is how Derrick Rose could come to New York and forget that his main job was supposed to be the facilitator, not the scorer. what is he averaging this season? 3 assists? Marbury, with our shit rosters of the mid 2000s, even playing on one leg, never got fewer than 5. so, this summer we need to be in the market for a proper PG, yet again. we don't need a star, just someone who'll set our bigs up for easy baskets. think Andre Miller/Chauncey Billups.

by the way, this talk of scapegoating Melo needs to stop - remember, our troubles began before Melo was even in the league, and they'll not stop by simple subtraction via a trade that'll likely only bring back questionable levels of talent to the Knicks. hey, Melo was going to the playoffs every year he was in the West, so we gotta figure out what's rotten in our garden
sky’s the limit
taowave

I agree with you Bob,in particular with Rose.He is a major disappointment .The guy is an empty stats,terrible D guy who doesn't make the players around him better.
Mercifully Phil gave him a one year contract,and I really hope that Phil's interest in swapping Rose for Rubio is the proverbial handwriting on the wall.

Fwiw,Rubio has been on fire since the deadline averaging 10 apg with an TS of 55%.

The problem with Melo is that he is a 4 not a 3,which leaves one spot open for KP and Willie. I guess he could play the three,but our backcourt would need to be far more athletic.
bobhait wrote:Phil does not get to fire yet another coach without having to go down to the sidelines and coach this mess of a team himself. Dolan is paying him 12 mil per year, so there is a finite number on the misery Jax is allowed to add on to that. put it this way, if Zeke, whom JD still loves, had to do it and then got fired, so can Zen Master.

the one thing that baffles me is how Derrick Rose could come to New York and forget that his main job was supposed to be the facilitator, not the scorer. what is he averaging this season? 3 assists? Marbury, with our shit rosters of the mid 2000s, even playing on one leg, never got fewer than 5. so, this summer we need to be in the market for a proper PG, yet again. we don't need a star, just someone who'll set our bigs up for easy baskets. think Andre Miller/Chauncey Billups.

by the way, this talk of scapegoating Melo needs to stop - remember, our troubles began before Melo was even in the league, and they'll not stop by simple subtraction via a trade that'll likely only bring back questionable levels of talent to the Knicks. hey, Melo was going to the playoffs every year he was in the West, so we gotta figure out what's rotten in our garden
Don Che

I want Melo gone but not because of the past..I just look at the product on the floor right now.

We dont defend as a team

We dont pass as a team

so...I want the guys tho relay that message gone

If you dont have all world talent..u gotta defend and move the ball..that sh*t is as old as sin but it works.
bobhait

Melo has been at his best with us at PF, and I think it's time to sink or swim with Kristaps as our C anyway. I definitely don't want to see Melo traded for the purpose of plain getting rid of him, or accommodating roster/rotation spots for Noah or Willy Hernangomez. a move like that just would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Melo may not be the Alpha of our offense moving forward, but his presence would still make it easier for KP and the rest of the young guns to get open looks. opponents still double and triple team him. what we need is a guard capable to capitalize on that.

...oh, and Rambis needs to go
sky’s the limit
Don Che

Yes..Rambis needs to go

Melo shouldnt be traded for the hell of it but I do think we can get value and get assets that fit how we want to play offense/defense and KP's timeline.

Will we get a 25 PPG type guy back? no but if you move him for defensive minded players that make plays for others...I say you do it.

a player that gives up good defense and scores 13 points and 4 assists with some picks and maybe another defender or sharpshooter..I'd do it.
bobhait

I'm just thinking back to the Knicks trading away Ewing and getting shit upon shit in return (and trading the initial shit for more piles and worse). also, I'm thinking about how the organization didn't gamble on holding on to Bernard King and wasted most of Patrick's golden years with the team on trying to find another sidekick of that caliber. the difference here is that Melo doesn't have the level of injuries BK was dealing with. you know what he can give you most of the time
sky’s the limit
Don Che

Melo's consistency is his gift....legit the most consistent scorer I personally have ever seen on a day to day

but the only way to win..is defense and moving the ball...i always learned that if you 2 players...1 can do 2 things on offense and can't defend and a guy who can do 1 thing on offense and defend...you always start your defense and bring in the offense.

Melo doesnt do well defending the 3....KP contributes to much on defense and to us in general to sit him...so my thoughts are...trade him or bench him this offseason.

I dont see Jeff having the BALLS to even whisper that to Melo...so trade him.

Bernard King carried us to the playoffs....Ewing carried us to the playoffs for a decade....Melo his fault or not..hasn't done that for us hes been given 2 years with KP and while last years team wasn't too talented..this years team is..and he couldnt lead us to a playoff series...hes gotta go.
bobhait

again, I say - move Melo to PF, Kristaps to C, get the no-nonsense PG that will facilitate the offense and play defense. some tweaks and upgrades to the roster and offense, we should be able to compete in the East
sky’s the limit