Forum crash

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 534

Hey Irv,
did our posts between February 12th and now get lost in the Forum crash from yesterday or will you be able to recover the data? I was preparing an answer for a thread yesterday when it happened and now I'm wondering if I should wait to continue the argument or just start anew...

Started a thread instead of a PM, so everyone who wasn't here yesterday is aware that some data/posts are missing from the last few days.
#knickstape
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1117

I actually had no access to the forum yesterday except for my User CP, and when I PM'ed Irv yesterday he said there was some glitch going on.

I'm guessing Irv had to reset the forum b/c of that glitch, so stuff probably got lost from the reset.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2607

I just lost the data an hour ago.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 181

An update from our hosting company:
Feb 15th Outage Update - 2/14/2017

As some of you may be aware, we had a service impacting issue on 2/14/2017. At approximately 5:40PM, the data center experienced a utility power outage. At this time, the data center's UPS should have ta over the responsibility of providing power. Due to an as yet unknown failure in the UPS system, this did not happen. Utility power was pretty quickly restored. The UPS vendor was dispatched to provide assistance and produce a Root Cause Analysis. We are awaiting further information from the data center maintenance staff on this. For most shared and dedicated server customers, this restored service.

As a result of the hard crash, database corrupt was discovered this morning on mysql. It was necessary to roll the data back to the previous day's backup as the transaction logs could not be cleared without compromising the integrity of the data.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Unfortunately, that means any activity between February 12 and earlier this morning was lost. Since it was a hosting issue, I regretfully can't do anything to restore the forum data that was lost.
spree#8
Likes given: 534

Ah, alright! Thanks for the quick info and let's hope they don't have to roll back the data another time...
#knickstape