[Merged] 2017 Draft Discussion...

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Ummmmm. Wtf happened to OG Anunobi's draft stock. I don't go on draft express for two weeks and guys enter the lottery out of the wood work and guys who were fixtures drop to 22nd?

Happens every year but in a way it shows how nice it would be to acquire a second first rounder somehow. Increased chance of grabbing a steal later in the draft.
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

^^^
OG blew out his knee a few weeks ago.
KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Harry Giles went from the consensus top prospect to a late first rounder. OG Anunoby's injury (knee surgery) will remove him from the lottery discussion.
rebound
Likes given: 1102

Not sold on Fox yet.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Not sold on Fox but you're all-in on Markkanen who just might be the worst defensive player in the draft?

Don't get me wrong because I respect what he's able to do offensively but his defense is atrocious. And if you go by the "you are who can defend" thing Markkanen's position is still yet to be determined.

He's also more foul prone than Putback-P, and his 0.4 blocks per game average is an embarrasment for a starting 7 foot player in the NCAA's. But to each his own...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
nazrmohamed

Yeah I don't know if Markkanen is gonna be a good player or not, but I didn't watch my team suck for an entire year to find out. He reminds me of that white PF about the sane height who always torches is off the bench. The guy kp can't stay in front of on the perimeter. Forgot his name, forgot the team. I can only see him dying the same thing. Effective, but not what I want in terms of go to guy or even sidekick
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Josh Jackson looks like a special player.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Fultz/Lonzo/Josh

They are my top 3 so far
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

anybody from overseas watch Frank Ntilikina play? Looking for insight on his game
Fxck Adam Silver
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:anybody from overseas watch Frank Ntilikina play? Looking for insight on his game
i think all of us are. he seems like he's the right fit for us and likely to be around that #10 slot.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

https://theringer.com/french-nba-prospe ... .c2l6sa34i

The only article that was RECENTLY made that gives us any insight about Frank, it includes some video clip footage
ISIAH_THOMAS

seems like he has these qualities

Good defender , good spot up shooter, good passer, no burst to the basket.

biggest mystery in the lottery
Fxck Adam Silver
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

Yeah, I have a feeling once Frank comes over stateside for the pre-draft workouts/combine..........his draft stock will probably rise up to around the Top 5-6 where he will be easily compared alongside his other prospect peers at the PG position. He's only predicted in the Top 10 due to his international distance from NBA scouts
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Don Che wrote:Fultz/Lonzo/Josh

They are my top 3 so far
Your're really going out on a limb with these 3...
ISIAH_THOMAS

Jayson Tatum is really starting to break out for Duke

his defense has been good and he has the entire offensive package

Fxck Adam Silver
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
8-)

So, all it takes to "really start to break out" is one big offensive game? I guess his previous game against Clemson doesn't factor in...

Tatum didn’t need a game like yesterday to validate himself, anyone who's been paying attention would know that he's been a solid contributor all season long and worthy of his projected lottery status. And if Duke wasn't in a down year (due to injuries and Grayson Allen being anointed as Duke's "top player") he'd probably be receiving more attention than the recent hype he's received as a result of last nights performance.

I like Tatum (pause) and believe that Melo, in terms of the similarities in their styles of play/athleticism, would be the perfect mentor for him to learn from. Like I said, I prefer Issac but I'd be cool wit' Tatum.

Random, but both Tatum and Dwayne Bacon (Oak Hill Academy Alumni, like Melo) do the 3-to-the-dome gesture when hitting 3's.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

not crazy about Tatum

not athletic, not strong, can't shoot the 3

i do like the intangibles he brings and he competes, moves the ball but hes not worth being horrible for.

shooting/playmaking/elite defensively is what im looking for down the line and if we are gonna be in the lottery..i'd like a kid to be able to do 1 of those maybe 2 with the ability to do the 3rd.

If we go on a run and hes there at 15-18 im game but 4-9 I'd look somewhere else.
rebound
Likes given: 1102

I like Tatum more than Isaac.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Right now Tatum is probably the better player but I think as Isaac's body matures he'll have the potential to become a special player...
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

isaac has a very high ceiling, would not be surprised in he cracked the top 3.
nazrmohamed

Tatum is up near the top 4 in skilled players definitely. More skilled than Isaac as nyfisf said. Pretty much agree though that Isaac at his size had a boat load of potential. Id be happy with either player and then would probably look toward A pg in free agency.