LeBron had a b*tch fit.

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

noypi
Likes given: 24

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... ficiencies
LeBron James has become increasingly impatient with the direction of the Cleveland Cavaliers as they have now lost five of their past seven games.

"I just hope that we're not satisfied as an organization," James told a small group of beat reporters who travel regularly to cover Cleveland's road games. "I just hope we're not satisfied."

Cleveland opted against re-signing Matthew Dellavedova and Timofey Mozgov during free agency and waived Dahntay Jones. In their place, the Cavs drafted rookie point guard Kay Felder, acquired Mike Dunleavy (who has since been shipped out in the Kyle Korver deal) and signed Chris "Birdman" Andersen.

"We're not better than last year," he said. "From a personnel standpoint."

James has been particularly focused on the Cavaliers' need for a playmaker.

"We need a f---ing playmaker," James said. "I'm not saying you can just go find one, like you can go outside and see trees. I didn't say that."

James made it clear that his frustration is not aimed at any one teammate or person in the front office.

"I'm not singling out anybody," James said. "I'm not. Yeah, we won [the championship], but f---, you know what, let's see if we can do something."
Here's a trade for everybody:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6772559

Melo and Jennings to Cavs
Love and right to swap Knicks 2017 1st rd pick to Celtics 2017 pick (now with Brooklyn)
R. Jefferson, Crowder, Smart, A. Johnson and Brooklyn's 2017 pick to Knicks

Problem solved.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

It's amazing how self-entitled LeBron is. His team is stacked and is bitching about not enough bodies when it comes to their roster? Look at the rosters Melo has played with his entire tenure with the Knicks compared to what he's had since 2010.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Lebron's won a title in Cleveland, good for him he has his primary goal completed.

Is his goal to go 74-8 now or something? I can appreciate his competitiveness, but this is........wow
noypi

The guy's an ingrate. He's had the privilege of playing alongside allstars and future HOFers like Wade and Bosh, a relentless workhorse in Haslem and steady pg in Chalmers. He went home to Cleveland with allstar Kyrie already in place and traded for Love. Traded for good guards in JR and Shump and we only got Lance Thomas and 2nd rd pick Cleanthony Early who is already out of the league. Maybe he could get Nate Robinson to play there for peanuts since Nate is looking for a team now. Nate as backup pg is pretty good considering he's still in good shape and has good playoff experience.

H20Knick
Likes given: 3

They have Lebron James and Kyrie Irving and they need a playmaker........

By his standards do the knicks even have nba players?

Or is this his way of really emphasizing how good JR Smith is?
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

I saw this and proposed a new version of the Love-Melo deal in the armchair forum: Melo, Lee and Jennings for Love, Jefferson, Shumpert and 2 future firsts. Melo is better than Love, Jennings is a playmaker and Lee is better than Shumpert for now and a more consistent shooter. For the Knicks Iman is younger than Lee and Love will have more trade value in a year or two than Melo.

Irving/Jennings
Korver/Lee
Lebron/Melo
Melo/Frye
Thompson/Andersen

That roster vs Golden State in the finals would be interesting.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

n8 the gr8 wrote:I saw this and proposed a new version of the Love-Melo deal in the armchair forum: Melo, Lee and Jennings for Love, Jefferson, Shumpert and 2 future firsts. Melo is better than Love, Jennings is a playmaker and Lee is better than Shumpert for now and a more consistent shooter. For the Knicks Iman is younger than Lee and Love will have more trade value in a year or two than Melo.

Irving/Jennings
Korver/Lee
Lebron/Melo
Melo/Frye
Thompson/Andersen

melo isn't better than love if you already have Kyrie and Lebron, I don't think. Melo's advantage over Love is that he can create his own offense, but Love's rebounding and 3pt shooting trumps that when you already have Kyrie/LBJ. But... if Lebron says they need more playmakers, then I guess you're right N8.

although I really, really, really, reallllly don't want to see Iman Shumpert again
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Melos a better three point shooter and at Pf does more for them in transition. At worst he's a trailer three but if Lebron orders him to run, he's gonna run. But in any case, Lebron asked for a playmaker, not a PF. We should offer them Rose.
nazrmohamed

n8 the gr8 wrote:I saw this and proposed a new version of the Love-Melo deal in the armchair forum: Melo, Lee and Jennings for Love, Jefferson, Shumpert and 2 future firsts. Melo is better than Love, Jennings is a playmaker and Lee is better than Shumpert for now and a more consistent shooter. For the Knicks Iman is younger than Lee and Love will have more trade value in a year or two than Melo.

Irving/Jennings
Korver/Lee
Lebron/Melo
Melo/Frye
Thompson/Andersen

If thats the full deal, I change my tune but still, i don't like that we're going after a player who plays the same position as KP.
noypi

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6779020

Cavs get: Melo and Jennings
Why: LeGM wants Melo and a pg

Celtics get: Love, KO'Quinn and Knicks' 2017 1st rd pick swap to Boston's 2017 1st rd pick (now with Brooklyn)
Why: They want Love and need bigs (Johnson and Olynyk are expiring fa's)

Knicks get: Nets 2017 1st rd pick, Crowder, A. Johnson, Smart, J. Young, Richard Jefferson
Why: Rebuild. I hate RJ but we need to match salaries

nazrmohamed

Works for me. I think that's a good trade for everyone involved actually. We get the best pick in the trade no matter what, and we get some young talent to build around.
Smart could still be a great player. Crowder is as tough player. I like it.
The Celtics get Love and still keep a pick albeit the lesser pick. Knicks might finish the year not so far behind.

Cleveland gets Melo and Jennings.

I think everyone wins here. Good job
noypi

nazrmohamed wrote:Works for me. I think that's a good trade for everyone involved actually. We get the best pick in the trade no matter what, and we get some young talent to build around.
Smart could still be a great player. Crowder is as tough player. I like it.
The Celtics get Love and still keep a pick albeit the lesser pick. Knicks might finish the year not so far behind.

Cleveland gets Melo and Jennings.

I think everyone wins here. Good job
Thanks. We here at nykfp need to have a voice in the Knicks FO. We got great minds here, obviously better than Mills and Phil. Somebody tweet or IG this trade to Phil or something. Unlike Phil, we're trying to resurrect this team from the abyss and we're not even getting paid to do it. :LOL:

thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

So you guys want Crowder, Smart, and NJ's lottery pick??? :blink: That would be the most lopsided trade in the Knicks favor in team history. :drunk: I would set my goals a little lower, try to get either the lottery pick, OR a nice package of Crowder and Smart. Honestly, teams doing really well don't drop key guys like Crowder and Smart in a trade, realistically Id set my sights on the pick.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
nazrmohamed

Well the reason I think it works is its not so much that we're just getting the Nets pick. We're swapping picks in a year that it looks like we're not that far behind. I could see us doing the trade and then losing anyway to the point where our original pick isn't that far behind. So for the Celtics, in his example, they're getting Kevin Love a star player and on the pick side maybe they went from pick number 1 to pick number 5. See what Im saying?

Not really all that unfair when you think about that. What team you know trades just one lotto pick for a star and still keeps a lotto pick back in return just a couple slots down?
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

I don't see why that would help. If Melo is traded the Knicks control our own destiny and we can tank on purpose and make sure we lose more game than the nets. You don't trade for the right to swap picks with someone else when you're tanking.
:?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
noypi

n8 the gr8 wrote:I don't see why that would help. If Melo is traded the Knicks control our own destiny and we can tank on purpose and make sure we lose more game than the nets. You don't trade for the right to swap picks with someone else when you're tanking.
:?
With the pace we are going, we'd be lucky to sniff top 10 even if we trade Melo. Just too many bad teams below us. Nets pick is guaranteed top 3. Celtics pick is at least in the 20's. So we swap our top 10 pick for the Celtics' top 20 pick. That way, them trading the Nets pick to us would be somewhat mitigated. It's the only way they would reconsider giving us the Nets pick.

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Everyone on this thread appears to be missing the point. He isn't saying Cleveland needs another All-NBA player on the team. He's saying they need a playmaker -- and no he's not talking about Carmelo, cause Melo isn't a playmaker.

LeBron has played more minutes than any player this season. He's gone to 6 consecutive Finals, so he's probably played more minutes than any player these past 6 seasons. Not to mention that Golden State (+ offseason addition All-NBAer Kevin Durant) awaits them in the Finals. And we still have yet to see All-Star Kevin Love show up in a Finals series, so who knows if he shows up this Finals?

Without LeBron, the Cavs are a lottery team. I'd make them surround me with everything that I possibly needed to defeat Golden State in the Finals.

Why is that frowned upon? I don't get it.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

H20Knick wrote:They have Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and they need a Kevin Durant........
Fixed.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Cavs tried to acquire Sixers guard TJ McConnell, but Philadelphia declined http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelph ... --nba.html
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:Everyone on this thread appears to be missing the point. He isn't saying Cleveland needs another All-NBA player on the team. He's saying they need a playmaker -- and no he's not talking about Carmelo, cause Melo isn't a playmaker.

LeBron has played more minutes than any player this season. He's gone to 6 consecutive Finals, so he's probably played more minutes than any player these past 6 seasons. Not to mention that Golden State (+ offseason addition All-NBAer Kevin Durant) awaits them in the Finals. And we still have yet to see All-Star Kevin Love show up in a Finals series, so who knows if he shows up this Finals?

Without LeBron, the Cavs are a lottery team. I'd make them surround me with everything that I possibly needed to defeat Golden State in the Finals.

Why is that frowned upon? I don't get it.
Yeah this league now is driven by the players more than ever. A guy thats been to how many finals in a row and has won several probably knows whether or not his team is fully equipped to win a championship.

On an aside..... over here in NY we have management with bigger names than the players. And look how thats working out. :drunk:

Back to LeBron... For all the shit that LeBron gets people never stop to think of how in the internet and social media era the guy has maintained a squeaky clean image that is great to sell on kids, he takes care of himself probably better than anyone in the history of BBall, and has done incredibly not just being a man tank but being a true student of the game.

If Bron says the team needs something, why the fuck wouldnt you listen? Hes not even just a player, hes practically been the true head coach of his teams the last 10 years too. Might as well be the GM too :?