Knicks 2017 Free Agency: NYK starts overpaying busters instead

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

Don Che wrote:in theory noel and kp work but in the playoffs you need a 250+ athlete out there.

Noel would struggle in those gruesome 7 game battles
One part of HenanG or KOQ should remedy that tho.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
taowave
Likes given: 817

I could see Thibs wanting Noah and moving Rubio,but I don't see how we get Noel. Would you throw in our number 1 pick?

lxn_ wrote:hope this happens.. noah to wolves, rubio to philly, noel to ny looolll
noypi
Likes given: 24

lxn_ wrote:hope this happens.. noah to wolves, rubio to philly, noel to ny looolll
Too good to be true. I wonder if we have to include our 1st rounder? If it's for Noah and 2nd round picks then I'm all for it.

Also, I'm thinking of Lance Thomas and our 1st round pick to move up the draft. That way, we free up some cap room and get a higher pick. I think teams who want some wing depth and a glue guy would want LT since he's locked up for 4 years at a very reasonable contract.

C Noel/KOQ/Plumlee
PF KP/Willy
SF Melo/Kuz/1st round pick (OG Anunoby 8-) )
SG Lee/Holiday/Baker
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

[quote="taowave"]I could see Thibs wanting Noah and moving Rubio,but I don't see how we get Noel. Would you throw in our number 1 pick?

Yes
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

I don't at all subscribe to "you need a slow plodding center in 2016"....

but nerlens noel barely weighs more than ron baker...

(granted, noah's listed weight is only a couple pounds more)
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Mr. Glass

H20Knick wrote:I don't at all subscribe to "you need a slow plodding center in 2016"....

- Porzingis - 7'3 and 240
- Noel - 6'11 and 228
- Noah - 6'11 and 230

Kevin Garnett was 6'11 and 240. Noel has almost the exact body structure as KG (he was even lighter as a rook). Noel will beast once he leaves Philly. That would be a wiry frontcourt for sure, but long AF. The athleticism would be "stupendous" (thanks Clyde). We would need to keep some ass on the bench tho (KOQ, WHG and Plumbs).

- Unknown
lxn_
Likes given: 0

H20Knick wrote:I don't at all subscribe to "you need a slow plodding center in 2016"....

was also trying to find out what noel's weight is at the moment cuz last season he was about 230+ I hope he can get to 240-245 range. I know he can easily get backed down but by who? In the east theres not much dominant centers who can just straight up back down people outside of Drummond, Okafor. Noel is a pretty good rebounder, elite rim protector,good finisher and above all he is only 22.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

that noah/noel/rubio trade actually makes sense for all teams imo...noah isn't as bad as you guys think he is at all and thibs knows that.

and Noah now and KG last year is basically the same thing.

Rubio/Embiid would do damage.

They just gotta flip okafor for a wing player and thats an interesting team when simmons comes back.

If anything...we are taking a lot of risk with noel barely playing every year...with a torn acl from 2013. But the upside is having a Mutumbo presence with KP plus he can defend the perimter and make us a much faster team overall.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Mr. Glass wrote:- Porzingis - 7'3 and 240
- Noel - 6'11 and 228
- Noah - 6'11 and 230

Kevin Garnett was 6'11 and 240. Noel has almost the exact body structure as KG (he was even lighter as a rook). Noel will beast once he leaves Philly. That would be a wiry frontcourt for sure, but long AF. The athleticism would be "stupendous" (thanks Clyde). We would need to keep some ass on the bench tho (KOQ, WHG and Plumbs).
I agree...

Lack of weight has never been an issue for some of the leagues best shot blockers. It's their timing/athleticism/quickness which help make up for them being "undersized". And Noel possesses all of those things. He and Putback-P together would be a tough combination to score against...

I'm #teamNoah but I wouldn't snooze at the opportunity to replace him with Noel. 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che

I'm curious to know how "shot blocking" is in relation to good defensive teams.

no doubt noel and kp would block shots..noel even gets steals but when we go against a marc gasol/dwight/cousins/adams type of guys...how would we do having 2 skinny guys in the paint.

they are both easy guys to box out when the playoffs come and the wars start....to be fair i might be wildin since i saw the knicks hornets playoff series in 1993 yesterday in which our small forward at that time weighs more than both of those guys.

Maybe its not as serious as im making it out to be.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Well fortunately for us we'll still have O'Quinn and/or the Spanish Jorts on the roster to balance things out...
Don Che

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
Well fortunately for us we'll still have O'Quinn and/or the Spanish Jorts on the roster to balance things out...
And Lord Marshall....if he can hit a 15 foot jumper he may be a legit back up one day.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
Yeah it's true, having that pair is a nice commodity that is a big part of why this makes sense to me.

In most cases you can justify leaving KP on the floor in mismatches because he'll still cause problems on offense. But Noel's limitations on offense would make it hard at times. I don't really like the idea of committing to guys that don't have a consistent mid-range shot at this point, but if it's moving Noah for one it's a non-issue.

I wouldn't include a first round pick unless it's a draft-night trade though, or if it's like top-7ish protected.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Mr. Glass

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:I'm #teamNoah but I wouldn't snooze at the opportunity to replace him with Noel. 8-)
Dis hear.

- Unknown
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

I'd like to keep the roster together, get the best pg available this summer; whether that is rose, tpm or whoever, then so be it. use our 1st rounder on a swingman.
NYGM
Likes given: 471

Is Noel even available?

Seems to fit better with Embid than Okafor..
Don Che

Seems like they are revolving the situation with embiid. Okafor is a goner also just not till the minute restriction is off of embiid.

noel doesnt wanna be there and once simmons shows up...theres no need for him or okafor.

philly is hilarious..they dont get it that if they trade okafor for the right wing player...they can make the playoffs this year...they always look 3 years ahead without seeing what could be right now.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Trust the process... 8-)
lxn_

NYGM wrote:Is Noel even available?

Seems to fit better with Embid than Okafor..
I think he said he wants out.. with embiid being able to shoot the 3 pretty good and defend the rim Okafor might actually fit better next to him.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

I think Rose is goign to battle Jrue Holiday for who knicks sign next season for PG. Jrue brother is on this team which should only help if they plan to go after him.
Fxck Adam Silver