Increase ball movement.....and WE WIN!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Championship 16/17
Likes given: 0

I just was aware that Lance is available. I would pick up Lance Stephenson NOW so he can learn the offensive/defensive strategies and get familiar with his teammates. So when he is healthy you get him out there, you can learn a lot by just watching from the side lines.

On a side note I'm still in between Courtney Lee starting, I feel we need a playmaker at the SG position to increase ball movement and get easy baskets for KP, Melo, and Rose. The idea is to find that playmaker for MAINLY Kristaps Porzingis benefit though. I feel Noah connects with Melo the best on passes, makes him a better player with easier scoring opportunities. Rose doesn't really need anyone to pass it to him, unless he is right under the rim. He should continue passing the rock like the last two games.KP needs a running mate. His elevation should be the goal. He should have similar stats to Karl Anthony Towns, but he doesn't. He is STARTING to look uninterested with not getting the ball, which could be a bad sign. Increased ball movement will translate to harder effort on defense.

Another playmaker that I completely forgot about is Joe Johnson. By the trade deadline,we should bait Lance Thomas, Kumizakas, and Ron Baker for Joe Johnson. Especially if Utah is out playoff race, why keep a 35 year old player. Go young

With these moves, you have two SG's to insert into the starting lineup to increase ball movement: Joe Johnson or Lance Stephenson. If your not comfortable with removing Courtney Lee from the starting lineup. Put Joe Johnson behind Carmelo Anthony on the depth charts to put pressure on Melo to move the ball and play defense. That will solve the problem, there is nobody good enough to put pressure on him at his position. So he does what he wants.

With Lance, if your not comfortable inserting him in the lineup, bring him off the bench behind Lee so he can put pressure on Courtney to be more a playmaker. At the end of the day, both will increase ball movement in the overall team concept, whether starting or not. The option are quite intriguing, here is a couple.

Bench:
Jennings
Stephenson
Johnson
OQinn
Hernagomez

Starting
Rose
Johnson
Melo
KP
Noah