Knicks to trade Courtney Lee, Kyle O’Quinn & 1st round pick for 76ers' Okafor?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Monroe bugs me. He's a center that barely plays D and who is also slow and has 0 passing skills. So he doesn't give you anything at the C position that the evolved NBA requires these days. His contract is good and only going for 2 more years, but he just seems like a waste of time in the development of this team and isn't a long term piece.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Nononsense
Likes given: 0

StevoStarks wrote:Monroe bugs me. He's a center that barely plays D and who is also slow and has 0 passing skills. So he doesn't give you anything at the C position that the evolved NBA requires these days. His contract is good and only going for 2 more years, but he just seems like a waste of time in the development of this team and isn't a long term piece.
I have the same gripe with him, but think of it this way: He's a 7ft version of Zach Randolph. They have the same "old man's game" in terms of scoring, they both rebound at a high rate, neither are much of a passer, neither are exactly up-tempo big men, and both leave much to be desired on the defensive end. We once had Zach and complained about all of these legitimate gripes, BUT we see what happened when we traded him. His value was realized, and he was a big part of Memphis' success. His flaws were masked next to Marc Gasol. I'd hope for the same success with Monroe subbing for and playing alongside either KP or Noah, both of which are plus defenders.
CommonSense
Likes given: 13

ONLY if the pick is lottery protected for like 5+ years, then I'd be down...
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra

Inaugural 2019 NYKFP Mock Free Agency Competition Champion :drunk:
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I like Monroe and I do think he's a better passer than he is being given credit for but hell no is Monroe anywhere near on Zachary Randolphs level. The Zachary attack was Monroe on steroids. I loved Zach Randolph. Spent his whole time here apologizing for Eddie Curry being a waste of space. I actually loved watching Zach operate in the post and thought it was a thing of beauty. Imagine if we had instead the younger Chandler playing C with him. And keep in mind, this was still somewhat the older slower pace NBA. Probably the best footwork and ferocity on a guy only about 6'8 I've seen, well in a long time
Nononsense

nazrmohamed wrote:I like Monroe and I do think he's a better passer than he is being given credit for but hell no is Monroe anywhere near on Zachary Randolphs level. The Zachary attack was Monroe on steroids. I loved Zach Randolph. Spent his whole time here apologizing for Eddie Curry being a waste of space. I actually loved watching Zach operate in the post and thought it was a thing of beauty. Imagine if we had instead the younger Chandler playing C with him. And keep in mind, this was still somewhat the older slower pace NBA. Probably the best footwork and ferocity on a guy only about 6'8 I've seen, well in a long time
I'm not saying Monroe was better or necessarily as good as Zach. I'm saying they are stylistically similar. Moreover, they have similar strengths and weaknesses. As far as production, it's not that different either. Monroe is pretty much a 16 and 10 guy right now with room to grow, so he's Zach-like even from a statistical productivity standpoint.

In my opinion, he'd pair nicely with either KP or Noah as one of them rests. And if Noah's health becomes an issue, Monroe will certainly be a viable option to fill in as a starter whether it be for the short term or the long term. And his contract is very cap friendly with this summer's and next summer's cap spike. If he didn't work out with us, Phil would easily be able to find a taker and possibly bring back value at the same time. As long as Phil made sure to lottery-protect the draft pick, I'd love the deal of O'Quinn and a protected pick for Monroe. But we'd probably need to include a third team to help make the numbers work.

How can you not get excited about this 9-man rotation?

PG - Derrick Rose / Brandon Jennings
SG - Courtney Lee / Justin Holiday
SF - Carmelo Anthony / Lance Thomas
PF - Kristaps Porzingis / Greg Monroe
C - Joakim Noah / Greg Monroe
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Could be good but what are we giving up now to get him? And why trade for another big now? We need a good young PG or Sg going forward. Not more bigs, unless we're talking about a young stud.
vino92

If you can get Okafor for a package of O'Quinn Holiday and a first round pick I would drive them all to Philly that trade a no brainer and I wouldnt need a first round pick protected, for all his defensive shortcomming the guys a beast in the low post but I dont think that package will be enough. A trade I would prefer is the above assests for Noel and Saric
Stressin

Don Che wrote:Okafor is a beast..why would Philly do that...PLUS.....free agents can't very traded yet. So chill everyone it's impossible
So True .. So True ...Okafor is a beast having the same talent n tools as another Anthony Davis .. Philly gonna keep Okafor for a long long time.