Minor revelations that make you question everything

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

washingtonparkjones
Likes given: 0

Anyone else have examples of something basic you always accepted as true and then had your mind blown when it turns out to be wrong:

This ones for you Stevo

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

Doesn't appear in any book and no evidence he even used the phrase in conversation.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

Ever read about the shady shit that Thomas Edison (American) pulled on [then] immigrant Nikola Tesla (Croatian)? I never questioned Edison as the inventor of electricity, but in reality Tesla might have deserved (at least) dual credit. He advanced it to an actual usable resource. He later became a U.S. citizen but he is never given credit for being (probably) one of the greatest inventors our country has known. I wonder why.

How could my history books fail me?
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

History books have always been biased and darn near worthless in hindsight. When I learned American history in schools growing up, we basically stopped at Vietnam. I don't remember if it was ever explained to us why we were there in the first place. If you learn Japanese history, they undergo some of the most incomprehensible mental gymnastics to justify their role in World War II.

Also, Thomas Edison was an asshole. So was Christopher Columbus.
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

Here's one:
Space Jam was a fun Looney Tunes movie with NBA stars
Space Jam is a 1.5 hour Michael Jordan tribute and ego-stroking wankfest

In conclusion:
Michael Jordan is an asshole, I'm boycotting Space Jam 2, and fuck LeBron James.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

Irv wrote:Space Jam is a 1.5 hour Michael Jordan tribute and ego-stroking wankfest
I have to let this ride as my signature for a while. :clap:
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown