2016 Draft Discussion...

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

Levert is exactly what we need...cites say he's like jamal Crawford but he's heavier and after years of college I think it may help him long term
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

How do yall feel about Dejaunte Murray. I don't know much about him but he went to Washington. And not to say they produce superstars but when they send the nba players those players never tend to stink. Currently slotted at 33 according to draftexpress. Looks pretty good. We're seeing more and more second round surprises develop into good players under the right system. Based on his length and ability to put the ball on the floor at SG he could be a nice fit here longterm. Worth buying a pick for? Idk

[youtube]zUW7M6Xmtrg[/youtube]
rebound
Likes given: 1141

Posters who watched LSU, do you consider Ben Simmons the next big name in the NBA, near the level of Lebron, or a more grounded prospect whose peak would be Lamar Odom?
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I just read a projection that had the Celtics taking Thon Maker. :blink:

Can the Knicks please buy a pick if he falls? He's the one guy that the Knicks might have a chance of getting that could turn into a running mate for KP without the Knicks getting a really high lottery pick. Could you imagine if the Knicks were starting a 7-3 and 7-1 players that can both handle and shoot 3s?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Don Che

Ben Simmons will be good if he's given the keys to the offense and surrounded by scorers which is easy to do.

I see a Odom with less range but also less headaches

Elite in the open floor tho.

Thon maker is dodging talent and is using YouTube highlights and private workouts to get him drafted....very talented but he hasn't proven his mental make up and NY is a place that we need to evaluate mentally before drafting
StevoStarks

There goes our 7th pick......fuck.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Sixers finally win a number 1 pick. Lakers get saved as usual and Celtics get screwed in what is look at as a two man draft so that is good. Dolan traded the pick for a scrub who they said would space the floor smh. Only bright side is this is a weak draft.

And we have all our first going forward
Fxck Adam Silver
StevoStarks

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Sixers finally win a number 1 pick. Lakers get saved as usual and Celtics get screwed in what is look at as a two man draft so that is good. Dolan traded the pick for a scrub who they said would space the floor smh. Only bright side is this is a weak draft.

And we have all our first going forward
Glass half full. I like it.

Fuck the Lakers.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

StevoStarks wrote:There goes our 7th pick......fuck.
How is it possible for a professional sports franchise to not own a single pick in the draft? New York doesn't own a single pick in the '16 NBA Draft.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Boston has too many picks in this draft. How is it possible to sign all those picks? I don't see how that's possible.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

1. Philadelphia 76ers – F Brandon Ingram, Duke

Ingram is the type of player that can switch on defense, but opponents will likely have a hard time switching against him on offense. He can shoot over the top of small defenders or drive by slower ones. On defense, he’s currently underdeveloped, but his tremendous length (7'3 wingspan) gives him a chance to defend multiple positions. For the Sixers, it’s not an easy pick, but the right one.

2. Los Angeles Lakers – F Ben Simmons, LSU

Simmons is a forward with the lighting-quick speed. He’s a flashy, spectacular passer and will undoubtedly enhance the Lakers’ watchability. But his lack of a jumper will likely limit him in the half court early in his career, so he still must make strides to be more than a player that needs the ball in his hands.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/5/17/1 ... en-simmons
At this point, I'm sure both Simmons and Ingram are hoping to go second in the draft. Who wants to be drafted by the Sixers? Also, I don't think the Lakers can go wrong with either player. As for our 9th pick: Raptors suck.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed

^^^^well.....heres to Hernangomez and Labiere
nazrmohamed

Ujiri be loving the Knicks. Hes got Dolan on speed dial awaiting KP plus 2 future firsts for Corey Joseph
ISIAH_THOMAS

Simmons wants to go the Lakers. Came out the other day that
Projected top pick Ben Simmons and his agent, Rich Paul, are now changing course and plan to wait until after the NBA's draft lottery on Tuesday to decide with which shoe brand to sign, sources told The Vertical.
The thinking from Simmons' camp is straightforward and simple: It’s the Los Angeles Lakers or bust.

As it stands, Simmons has five-year endorsement offers from adidas and Nike. Adidas is offering a $10 million deal that also includes a $2 million signing bonus and a $1 million incentive bonus for being named Rookie of the Year. There are also several other on-court performance triggers that would provide Simmons with elevated marketing, extra resources and possibly his own signature shoe should he play at an All-Star level.

The early strategy from Simmons and his Klutch Sports Group representation was believed to be a desire to sign a shoe deal before the draft lottery, but they aren’t satisfied with the Nike offer, sources said. They're hoping that if the Lakers land the top overall pick – which they have a 19.9 percent chance of doing – Nike will move closer to matching adidas’ offer.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--b ... 08913.html

Played at the same high school as Russell
Fxck Adam Silver
nazrmohamed

^^^^ its lit, at the night show
The Sixers will probably take Ingram anyway. They got like 3 potential all-star Pf/C, now they need to improve their perimeter. Simmons can't shoot, Ingram can and he could end up-defending 3 positions. Im not saying Simmons is a lesser player but he fits LA better than Ingram does. Plus if him and Russell got some chemistry it could be promising.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

i still think that bos and phi have way too many draft picks for young rosters; they will be making deals.
nazrmohamed

cragganmor wrote:i still think that bos and phi have way too many draft picks for young rosters; they will be making deals.
Could be. The Lakers could sign two max players without a draft pick. I could easily see them jumpstarting their team in one summer. Kobe is gone and its LA with already existing solid young players.
ISIAH_THOMAS

The Knicks plan to acquire a pick in June's draft. The best-case scenario would probably be a late first-round pick but second-round is more likely. The club has shown interest in several players in recent weeks, including Indiana guard Yogi Ferrell, who has a workout scheduled with the club next month. New York also interviewed Kansas guard Wayne Selden at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and has expressed interest in him as the draft approaches, according to league sources. Selden, a 6-6 guard, would fit the mold of the big guards Phil Jackson used in his Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Laker teams. Ferrell, a 6-0 guard, has impressed in workouts, according to sources, and was the only point guard last season to average 17 PPG, 5.5 assists and shoot at least 40% from 3. The Knicks have also expressed interest in St. Bonaventure guard Marcus Posley and will likely be one of many teams at the agency-hosted workouts for Seton Hall's Isaiah Whitehead and Syracuse's Malachi Richardson. They also attended the agency-hosted workout for Kansas' Cheik Diallo, according to SNY.tv.
Would love for them to look at Levert as well
Fxck Adam Silver
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

if we can snag a 1st round in the 21-30 slot, then i'd look at malik beasley from fla st. and baylor's taurean prince.

in the 2nd round, i like levert, brogdon, patrick mccaw of unlv.
nazrmohamed

Please trade Afflalo. Please.