Curry Wants To Be Drafted By Knicks

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

knicksfan4life
Likes given: 0

If we get him, do we call him Steph? Or is that taboo ?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Here's some more.

I'm also trying to track down the official draft thread. I know it's nothing important, but always fun to see what they hell we were thinking back in 2009.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Both Walsh and mda wanted steph, we were just unlucky that gsw snatched him before us. We could have taken demar, but remember that he needed a few seasons to become a legit NBA player. Doubt if our fan base could be that patient.

We could have traded down, gotten taj or demarre, late in the first.
bobhait
Likes given: 62

we could have gotten him. Golden State wanted David Lee two straight years, and the line was that Walsh had a chance to trade David to the Warriors for the rights to swap picks in '09. Donnie got rid of Lee for the bag of nothing instead, still from the Warriors.

the one consolation is, even if the Knicks would have gotten Curry, you know he would have just gotten traded or let go via free agency within 3-4 years, if not sooner
sky’s the limit
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don't forget, we needed a PGs just as much as we do now and Curry got drafted before us. But there was still Jennings, Holiday and we grabbed none of them. In fact we grabbed a position that we would ultimately grab in Free Agency
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

That draft continues to haunt us to this day...
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Muzhik1
Likes given: 0

Even if Knicks were to get Curry, he would have been traded for Carmelo.