Would Melo and La La like LA

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

I always thought Melo second choice if not NY would of been LA not Chiacgo. Its obvious that he and his wife crave the lime lights. So would Melo accept a trade to Clippers who are looking to move Griffin It would pair him with his friend CP and give him and his wife the LA lifestyle they crave. We can then ship Griffin along with L Thomas to Boston for Lee(expiring contract) Crowder and Brooklyns 2016/2017 top 5 picks. Does this work for Melo and us?
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

I would think that would be amenable to the Clippers, Melo, and the Knicks.... I don't think Boston would give up Crowder AND those picks for Griffin though. That's too much.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
vino92

That why I included L Thomas if you pro rate his numbers there just below Crowders also Brooklyns draft pick this year will be top 5 not sure if there this bad next years So would Boston trade Crowder and 2016 pick for Griffin yeah I think thet do it in a heartbeat besides Boston could always turn around and trade Griffin and Zeller for Love There alot of ways to make this happen if Melo would be ok going to Clippers
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

lance thomas doesn't have that kind of value.

You couldn't trade griffin for 2 picks and you couldn't trade thomas for crowder. Maybe, MAYBE they consider Griffin/Thomas for Crowder/Pick. But I wouldn't trade Griffin for a pick that could end up being 3, 4, 5
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
vino92

They said Boston reached out to the Clippers to inquire about Griffin but the Clippers arent interested in draft picks they want star for star that why Melo makes sense there that why I believe they would give up those picks and Crowder for Griff
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

How about

Clippers get:
Melo

Celtics get:
Griffin

Knicks get:
Evan Turner (sign and trade, Celtics were about to let him walk for nothing)
2016 Nets pick (Knicks take Dunn)
2016 Mavericks pick (Knicks take Maker)
2017 Celtics pick (going to be in the 20s)

Knicks get a sparkly new backcourt, tank 2017 with 2 picks in the draft and have Maker to develop.

2017-18 lineup
Dunn/Grant/Galloway
Turner/Wroten/Galloway
2017 high lottery pick/Williams?
KP/Maker/O'Quinn
Lopez/Hernamongez/O'Quinn

... and beyond:

Dunn
Turner
['17 pick, preferably a 7 footer who can shoot 3s]
Maker
KP
:popcorn:
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

is this a deal that allows melo to realistically chase a title? dissatisfaction with our summer moves plus that are the 2 necessary things to make him waive the no-trade clause.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Melo seems in it to win it with us regardless of how this summer goes....why trade 1 of the 3 good players we have lol

Big fan of Kris Dunn tho....and I'd sign a 3 man that helps compete...I want us to get young talent this Offseason and get to the playoffs ....longer player wait's to get there the worse it is.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Time has passed... have more pieces to the puzzle...where do you guys think Melo would go to this year?
taowave
Likes given: 817

Cleveland first choice
Clippers second choice
Chicago third choice
Don Che wrote:Time has passed... have more pieces to the puzzle...where do you guys think Melo would go to this year?