Cavs, Boston, and Knicks discuss trade (Melo and Love)?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

Knicks, Cavs and Celtics also discussed a blockbuster that sends Melo to Cleveland, Kevin Love to Boston and picks/players to NY. (NYDN)

The Cavs and Celtics have discussed a blockbuster trade that would send Kevin Love to Boston. (NYDN)
Last edited by Boston_PuppyDawg on February 12th, 2016, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

I'm listening........what draft picks are we getting out of this considering it is obvious we're not getting Kevin Love in return (the fuck I want that stat padding piece of shit)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Here's what I'm hearing: #Knicks unlikely to move Melo but #Celtics have assets to draw NYK interest. Melo intrigued about playing w LBJ
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Was also told that Boston is not willing to give up a ton assets for a rental. May not do much. Still looking.
Boston_PuppyDawg

big_j_NY wrote:I'm listening........what draft picks are we getting out of this considering it is obvious we're not getting Kevin Love in return (the fuck I want that stat padding piece of shit)
Me too...if it takes us putting us in a position (date I say it....Celtic like) then count me in...I'm waiting on more news
big_j_NY

I smell David Lee involved in this trade rumor as well, even though it isn't official in the reports. Lee has a big contract figure that will expire at the end of this season, and he will probably be a necessary contract filler to facilitate any Love/Melo trade between us, Cleveland and themselves.

If this trade rumor turns out true and the wheels start turning towards the trade deadline, we might just see a return of David Lee as a Knick for the rest of the season
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Gtfo, its happening.

Melo dont wanna admit he's willing to waive clause until he knows he's definitely going to Cleveland
Phil wants Melo to go but doesn't want to approach Melo until he knows all the moving parts are in synch

Lies and posturing. This trade is happening. I don't think anybody would be pissed if he came out and said ya know what, I gave it a go and if its ok with yall I'm ready to move on. He can go win, we can go rebuild with multiple picks and youth. Celtics can......well I have no idea why they'd want Lopez now but thats thier problem.
big_j_NY

Considering Lebron is also getting pissed off at members of his own Cavaliers roster (especially Love's lazy ass), I wouldn't be shocked if this trade rumor is true. Carmelo is essentially the type of player Lebron would want to give him confidence that he can get a ring in Cleveland.

Isn't it ironic though.........the Carmelo trade was made because we included Mozgov on the plane to Denver, now there is a possibility that trading Carmelo brings us back Mozgov with some picks?
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

Wow. This actually kind of makes sense for all parties involved. Please be the Nets pick. Oh the irony!

The Knicks would receive draft picks and players in return. One of those players is believed to be Timofey Mozgov, who five years ago was traded by the Knicks to Denver in the Anthony deal

No to Mozgov.

Give me Avery Bradley, Evan Turner and the Nets first round pick and I'll be intrigued. No to Crowder because his salary is too many years.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

nazrmohamed wrote:Gtfo, its happening.

Melo dont wanna admit he's willing to waive clause until he knows he's definitely going to Cleveland
Phil wants Melo to go but doesn't want to approach Melo until he knows all the moving parts are in synch

Lies and posturing. This trade is happening. I don't think anybody would be pissed if he came out and said ya know what, I gave it a go and if its ok with yall I'm ready to move on. He can go win, we can go rebuild with multiple picks and youth. Celtics can......well I have no idea why they'd want Lopez now but thats thier problem.
Why would we trade Lopez? We just signed him and he plays well next to KP...
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

very, very low odds of happening. i'd think that if a deal were possible, dlee would occupy most of the cap, we get a good young player like perhaps jae crowder, a prospect like jordan mickey and a prime 1st rounder (the one that they snagged from the nyets for this summer). it is possible, but not likely that this happens.
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Knicks, Cavs and Celtics also discussed a blockbuster that sends Melo to Cleveland, Kevin Love to Boston and picks/players to NY. (NYDN)

The Cavs and Celtics have discussed a blockbuster trade that would send Kevin Love to Boston. (NYDN)
Oh, look at the source. Now look even closer.

CLOSER.

Can we at least wait until someone who isn't consistently full of crap with an axe to grind breaks the news before going nuts in this thread?
nazrmohamed

y would we trade Lopez? We just signed him and he plays well next to KP
For the purpose of this thread I meant Love. It was a typo. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't explore it. Probably less so if Melo beats him out the door but I wouldn't mind sending him out early if it influenced Melo to waive his clause and jump on this deal. And I think we could get some value in the form of a pick outta him
Red

Alan Hahn mentioned the negative effects on teams that traded their star players in hopes of improving using Denver, Phoenix, and Orlando as examples. It was concluded, every team got worse.

The assets they received (players/picks) did not make the team better.

Draft picks outside of the top 3 aren't the high value assets they appear except in the case of using them or combining them to get a proven star back.

If the Knicks trade Melo for draft picks we lose. And yes that's considering the additional cap space we may have for FA's.
The Mecca of Mess
shakespeare

Red wrote:
If the Knicks trade Melo for draft picks we lose.
I got news for you: We've been losing, already, and will continue to lose for the remainder of Carmelo's career in NY.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Phil Jackson just say Melo was off limits???
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Red wrote:Alan Hahn mentioned the negative effects on teams that traded their star players in hopes of improving using Denver, Phoenix, and Orlando as examples. It was concluded, every team got worse.

The way I see it:
Seattle Supersonics traded star players Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis after drafting Durant. They got better in no time at all.
Golden State traded their star player in Monta Ellis after drafting Curry. They got better in no time at all.
Memphis Grizzlies traded their star player in Pau Gasol and actually acquired (future star player) Marc Gasol in the trade. They got better in no time at all.

The teams you mentioned traded their star players w/o having a future star onboard as Seattle and Golden State and Memphis and New York (Porzingis) does.

In other words, Hahn misled you.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed

Red wrote:Alan Hahn mentioned the negative effects on teams that traded their star players in hopes of improving using Denver, Phoenix, and Orlando as examples. It was concluded, every team got worse.

The assets they received (players/picks) did not make the team better.

Draft picks outside of the top 3 aren't the high value assets they appear except in the case of using them or combining them to get a proven star back.

If the Knicks trade Melo for draft picks we lose. And yes that's considering the additional cap space we may have for FA's.
Difference is they traded thier stars while in thier primesor in some cases prior to that prime, our star just finished his prime. We aren't gonna get better with him unless we get players better than him or at least his equal. Nobody is coming here to play on this shit show so the smart alternative is to reset.
Red

shakespeare wrote:

The way I see it:
Seattle Supersonics traded star players Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis after drafting Durant. They got better in no time at all.
Golden State traded their star player in Monta Ellis after drafting Curry. They got better in no time at all.
Memphis Grizzlies traded their star player in Pau Gasol and actually acquired (future star player) Marc Gasol in the trade. They got better in no time at all.

The teams you mentioned traded their star players w/o having a future star onboard as Seattle and Golden State and Memphis and New York (Porzingis) does.

In other words, Hahn misled you.
After drafting Durant and trading Allen they went 20-62. KD was the #2 overall pick. No offers include a possible #2 pick.

In Ellis's first 7 years he only played 80 games once and was injury prone. Both he and Allen had multiple ankle surgeries prior to being dealt.

GS went 23-43 the year they traded Ellis. They drafted Barnes and Draymon Green that summer and won 47 games. They won it all after drafting "the best shooter ever".

The Gasol trade is controversial at best and Memphis' window has opened and closed with no chip.
The Mecca of Mess
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

It's in everyone's best interest at this point. Melo gets his chance to win a chip with his buddy LeCon and the rest of the New York Cavaliers, Boston gets their "big name" center in cry baby Kevin Love and we end up with a ton of assets to finally do a true rebuild. Something the Knicks' brass have been adverse too for over a decade. We all know how well the many trades and coaching carousels have worked for us.

With that said, I don't see this happening.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
thewatcher
Likes given: 2624

I like the leverage we hold, sign me on.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.