OK we keep Melo how do we get this team in a postion to contend for a Title

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Swiss grandma is right, no changes are being made this season.
Randle in the Rafters
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

Swiss-GrandMa wrote:I would keep the team as it is for this season. No trade needed.
Let the players gell and continue to build the team spirit. In summer the Knicks will be a place top players want to come. So then the Knicks decide the terms. Nothing more to do for the moment.
:clap:
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I don't think a trade is needed but differences in line ups and rotations I'd like to see change as the season goes on.

NY GM

Noah is just out of it in chicago...his mind isn't there and it's time for him to leave and no other team has big guys making plays more then us and memphis.

Plus at his stage he won't ask for 10 mill or more..he'd have enough vets here to work with and in our system he'd dish 5 assists a game. He's basically the better version of Rolo.

As for Batum...he's a guy that makes the game easier on everyone...defends 3 positions...can pass the ball..post up and pretty good 3 point shooter.

Basically this team this year looks best when we just run our sets as a team away from Melo and let the ball get to him in the flow of the game. Noah and Batum are team first..high IQ guys. Makes the game easier for everyone.

I'm going the 5 balanced talent rout not the Jordan and pippen or kobe and Shaq rout. There is no savior in free agency..we gotta build an overall team and if we can be a .500 team with Rolo and Afflalo...Noah and Batum with those 2 guys off the bench would make us legit contenders.

Chemistry in tact dwill and sasha would leave...resign gallo/lance thomas/early. Decide who stays btwn seraphin and KOQ.

My goal for any team over .500 with young guys is...keep 80% of the roster and bring in 2 guys that fit your style of play. Chemistry with players and coaches wins games down the stretch...we'd have 3 more wins right now if we had this team last year.

Team game...team attack
spree#8
Likes given: 540

What we have to try now going forward is to get a guard that can keep up with the star guards in the league. That might take a few years though. Gotta keep our eyes and ears open to get a young guard stud as quickly as possible.
#knickstape
KnicksFanInSouthFL

vino92 wrote:Ok lets assume Melo stays what moves can we make this year and next to put him in a postion to contend for title. I think Melo best postion in the coming years is gonna be at PF I've been saying since the begining I would like to see Porzingis at ceter ala Dave Cowens someone who can post low or top of the key the kid is quick with a good handle when he puts on 15-20 lbs he's goona be a Monster in the low post ever since Melo been here I like his game better at the PF postion I think this is more true as he gets older, I would like to go after Barnes the Sf from GS and Clarkson the PG from the Lakers as free agents next years I think Barnes has the game to be a 20 point scorer and I like him in a 3 guard rotation with Gallo and Grant If where gonna kepp Melo lets put younger more athletic players around him Porzingis at cenetr gives us more Rebounding better scoring and defense that Lopez in fact I would hope to trade Lopez for a late 1st rounder in next year draft. If where not gonna trade Melo that lets try to surround him with some parts that gives hin a chance to compete.
I respect Melo's game but I just don't think he's a fit for this system. :?

Look at how difficult it would be just to build a contender around him. First we'd need to move him to the 4, then move Porzingis to the 5, and then finally try to trade Lopez in order to find a replacement for Melo at the 3 position. All of this maneuvering just to find a cohesive starting unit... It's just too much.

The only players we could add to the team who could help us win a championship this, or next season is Lebron, KD, or maybe Wade. Aside from them there's nobody else...

I'm not much of a Mike Conley fan but I do believe he'd get the best outta Putback-P, and for that reason alone he'd be worth considering. DeMar DeRozan would also be a good option for us. Everyone else worth mentioning are restricted free agents. Beal, Clarkson, and Barnes are restricted. I like the idea of adding a Tony Wroten, Evan Fournier, or Maurice Harkless but they too are restricted. Someone like Kevin Martin would make sense but I don't see him as being a difference maker. Matter of fact I don't see any of these dudes lifting us to title contenders.

Again, the best option would be to trade Melo now because whatever we'd get in return from moving him will be a whole lot more valuable to us going forward than having to resort to picking up the scraps from free agency, a la the Knicks '15 offseason.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

this season? let them jell, develop better chemistry, let fish evolve his feel for the coaching game.

this summer, shop anyone not named melo, kp, gallo, grant, lance, aaron, dwill; get back some young swings or draft picks.

in the fa market, i like the notion of noah, but he's had health issues, not the same player he once was. i'd probably lean more toward pau, as he is likely to opt out. the other spot that we need help is at pg. i'd love to get clarkson, his best ball is in front of him, has the size and length to play both guard spots, but he's rfa as mentioned, not likely that the lakers will let him walk. would definitely give joe johnson a call, could be a great guy in a reserve role off the bench for 15-20 mpg at #2-3, just give him a modest deal, nothing major.
shakespeare

vino92 wrote: I would like to go after Barnes the Sf from GS and Clarkson the PG from the Lakers as free agents next years I think Barnes has the game to be a 20 point scorer and I like him in a 3 guard rotation with Gallo and Grant If we're gonna keep Melo lets put younger more athletic players around him Porzingis at center gives us more Rebounding better scoring and defense
Grant, Galloway, Harrison Barnes, Melo, and Porzingis would've been an interesting starting lineup. Not sure how the Knicks might've acquired both Barnes and Clarkson, but it's a fantasy trade, so I'm fantasizing. I'm assuming Clarkson would be the 6th man?

I also liked Don Che's proposal of adding Batum and Noah.

Sidenote: It blows my mind that, for all the criticism Michael Jordan takes as a GM, he's made some decent moves in Charlotte. Hornets are injury-riddled, but Batum and Jefferson and Kemba and Kidd-Gilchrist are decent starters. The bench isn't too bad (and cheap) with Lin, Kaminsky, Marvin Williams, Zeller, Lamb and now Courtney Lee.
#TeamTank