Federico Mussini

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 540

A bit off-topic right now, but I wanted to give the New Yorkers on this site a heads-up about a young player who might choose St. John's if he chooses to attend an US college. I was able to watch him live at the Albert-Schweitzer-Tournament in 2014 and to watch him play was an absolute joy with his speed, his vision and his shooting and passing ability.

[youtube]kAImnWqhp38[/youtube]

My first instinct was: "too small and skinny for the NBA, but a player we will hear about in international basketball". Since then he developed nicely, doing good things for his team in Italy and in the Eurocup. He also attended this year's Nike Hoop Summit as one of the best international prospects.

Hoop Summit:
[youtube]U5gl1mXKgi4[/youtube]

Eurocup Highlights:
[youtube]GmsekDsAtsI[/youtube]

Draftexpress profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Fed ... ini-62863/

St. John's reported interest: http://nypost.com/2015/05/24/rysheed-jo ... e-sources/

Mussini likes St. John's: http://zagsblog.com/articles/italian-gu ... hns-visit/

So if he chooses St. John's, someone please take a close look and give me his thoughts...
#knickstape
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

you made a great call on schroeder, is this kid as impressive?
spree#8

Nah, impressive in a different way. With Schröder you could see that he had NBA talent with his strength, athleticism, ballhandling etc. and that he was an exception for a guard coming from Europe/especially from Germany. BTW: I think though his playing time got cut at the end of the year again in favor of more experienced guys, Schröder made some nice strides this year.

Mussini is that guy where you think he has no chance because he is so skinny, but then when you see him on the floor you start to think "wow, that guy can play". A floor general with a high basketball IQ, but playing solely under the rim. Probably a long shot for the NBA, but a guy who might look better and better every year if he chooses to go the College route and then I could see him trying to fight his way in as a summer league invitee or if everything goes extremely well as a late second round pick. We'll see. I just hope that he finds a niche where he can keep his NBA dream up.
#knickstape
spree#8

#knickstape
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

^^^
You really like the lil guy, huh? Well, you've sparked my interest, I'll check him out.

The Big East ain't what it used to be BUT if ya boy is still hovering around 154 lbs, his people would be wise to start pumping him full of HGH so he'll be able to compete against some of those guys.

Just serious... 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
spree#8

Would like to get your opinion on him! I have probably to say again though that I don't expect him to get drafted at this point. I just think it's interesting that this little kid I saw when he was 17 is now going to NY to work on his dream.
#knickstape
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Just got finished watching the Johnnies season opener against Wagner and ya boy looked pretty good spree, he's still tiny but I was impressed.

He's a good shooter with a quick release and he also has pretty good court vision... I couldn't help but see similarities between he and a young Steph Curry at Davidson. Not sayin' that he's gonna have the same kinda impact but them both being undersized players with sweet shots made for an easy comparison. Obviously he's gonna have to get used to the speed of the game at this level but overall he did pretty well.

Sima, their Freshman center from Spain, looked active, too.

It was a pretty good show. And with the fans in full support of Mullin and his young Johnnies they appear to be off to a good start. Good call, spree.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
spree#8

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Just got finished watching the Johnnies season opener against Wagner and ya boy looked pretty good spree, he's still tiny but I was impressed.

He's a good shooter with a quick release and he also has pretty good court vision... I couldn't help but see similarities between he and a young Steph Curry at Davidson. Not sayin' that he's gonna have the same kinda impact but them both being undersized players with sweet shots made for an easy comparison. Obviously he's gonna have to get used to the speed of the game at this level but overall he did pretty well.

Sima, their Freshman center from Spain, looked active, too.

It was a pretty good show. And with the fans in full support of Mullin and his young Johnnies they appear to be off to a good start. Good call, spree.
Good to hear. Also recently read that the player projected to start in front of him is ineligble to play, so maybe he gets a bigger opportunity early on than expected.
#knickstape