Jahlil Okafor Thread

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

DolanCurse2001
Likes given: 0

Okafor deserves his own thread. 24 points on 12/14 shooting, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks in 26 minutes.

We MUST get this kid!!!

[youtube]zHoMQ4ul2ww[/youtube]
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

I still think Jahlil could improve in the rebounding department, but I'm still impressed..........this kid is definitely going to join alongside "The Brow" Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins as the Big Men of the future
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Yeh he's a legit offensive threat...defense I'm not sure and guys like him and cousins I'm not sure how you build around since Duncan/Kg were defensively great...Shaq was another level over these guys so characteristics wise how do you build around the Al Jefferson/Cousins of the world.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Iv'e only looked at this but thsi guy will obviously go number 1.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

very polished on the offensive end. he needs to work out his d, though.
DolanCurse2001

Big game tonight for our guy and MUST SEE Duke vs Wisconsin. Okafor vs Kaminsky, Winslow vs Dekker.

[youtube]e2kB80kiXtY[/youtube]

Kaminsky can play.

[youtube]fQGPAx6fcG0[/youtube]
rebound
Likes given: 1104

kaminsky looks like a rich man's jason smith.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
DolanCurse2001

[youtube]2zp_5yDmJ3k[/youtube]
DolanCurse2001

25 points, 20 rebounds, 3 blocks tonight on his 19th bday. I might have to change my avatar!
DolanCurse2001

[youtube]RXiAgMe1V50[/youtube]
big_j_NY

I asked Jahlil to improve his rebounding........the kid grabs 20 of them and rejects 3 shots along with dropping a quarter. Well done kid
rebound

okafor has to go number 1. even philly with noel and embiid cant pass on him. minny definitely wont if they get the first pick.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Are y'all serious with this BS?

How many of y'all had even heard of Elon College or University or whateva prior to yesterdays game?

Okafor, toted as the best collegiate player in the nation from the top recruiting class in the country just dominated a game against an undersized team full of guards who's tallest player is most likely 6'5" tall, and y'all wanna celebrate this shyt? Let's be real here Duke's walk-ons alone could have won this game last night. A match-up strategically orchestrated by Coach K as a confidence building showcase game for his top recruit. I mean why else would this team end up on Duke's schedule? A lamb to the slaughter. Which apparently worked since it has a few of you acting like groupies trying to get back on to the Okafor bandwagon...

But I will give credit to Okafor for sumthin. For what its worth he's really good at dominating games against inferior competition.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
DolanCurse2001

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Are y'all serious with this BS?

How many of y'all had even heard of Elon College or University or whateva prior to yesterdays game?

Okafor, toted as the best collegiate player in the nation from the top recruiting class in the country just dominated a game against an undersized team full of guards who's tallest player is most likely 6'5" tall, and y'all wanna celebrate this shyt? Let's be real here Duke's walk-ons alone could have won this game last night. A match-up strategically orchestrated by Coach K as a confidence building showcase game for his top recruit. I mean why else would this team end up on Duke's schedule? A lamb to the slaughter. Which apparently worked since it has a few of you acting like groupies trying to get back on to the Okafor bandwagon...

But I will give credit to Okafor for sumthin. For what its worth he's really good at dominating games against inferior competition.
Okafor played well against Wisconsin and Michigan State.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Not on the glass...

He's 6'11" and 270lbs, he should be dominating the boards in every single game he plays in at this level.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

I watched some of this. He does have a little Eddie Curry in him, but he is an excellent passer, while Curry turned the ball over every time he was doubled.

Big men are very hard to predict. You don't know what kind of fighter they will become. ECity being the perfect example of a decade long mistake we made. Towns and Oak could turn into HOF'ers, but Mulday is safer IMO.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
big_j_NY

If anything, the worst case scenario is that Okafor ends up like Brook Lopez..........a two-way Center that can't rebound for shit BUT is still talented enough to have on the floor at crucial moments.

I don't think Okafor will end up Eddy at all, Curry was the ultimate epitome of lazy
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Wonder if he can play 4 as a rook since he's def not a defensive anchor at this stage
big_j_NY

Don Che wrote:Wonder if he can play 4 as a rook since he's def not a defensive anchor at this stage
That would be a good question............b/c I definitely would love to see how the Knicks would look with an Okafor/Asik frontcourt
rebound

okafor is the clear cut number one draft pick.

mudiay has too many question marks and little exposure.
towns isnt anywhere close to okafor on offense.