2014 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

nbafreak724 wrote:Not 1.
Not 2.
But 3 different decades in which Timmy D has won a ring.
:clap:
#TeamTank
taowave
Likes given: 817

Dam this feels good..I am torn between my hate of the Heat, and my new found love of the Spurs. What could be a better ending than this?
nbafreak724

Love how Pop always step to the background and let his players take in the spotlight.
Also loving these flags for the international flair.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
nbafreak724

Kahwi Leonard showing emotion!

A star is born.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

nbafreak724 wrote:Kahwi Leonard showing emotion!

A star is born.
Mr3037

So good to see Miami lose & a hardworking & extremely well coached Spurs team win it all!!

Could be the end of an era though as Duncan, Manu, Parker, Diaw can't have much left....although they have found a bonafide PLAYER in Kahwi Leonard!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
shakespeare

:clap:
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

This spurs team will definitely go down in history as one of the greatest. Was awesome to see Leonard get the finals MVP.

:clap: :clap:

And Toney Douglas remains ring less :clap:
Nononsense

taowave wrote:With all due respect to Phil Jackson, Pop is the best coach I have seen
I've been saying that for years now. :popcorn:
DolanCurse2001

The good guys win! Very happy for Duncan, Manu, Parker and Pop! I can't imagine the pain of losing last year. A lot of teams would have taken their tents down and gone home for good. Spurs has all the excuses to blow it up. But they came back hungrier then ever! And they DESTROYED the cHeat! It wasn't even close!!!
cheftom
Likes given: 3

My best scenario after the Knicks missed the playoffs was for the Nets to get eliminated and Miami to lose in the finals. It was even sweeter to see them thumped the way they were.

I'm so happy.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

I can't relish in this win enough. Great, great series. What it's all about in the end. This is up there with 04 as the best finals I've witnessed.

Given the way they dominated in the regular season and this series, are the Spurs the favorites for next year as well?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
nbafreak724

I don't know exactly what the situation is with SA's free agents...I think Diaw and Mills are the only guys that are FAs? Assuming that they are both re-signed, and that Duncan returns for one more season (he really should), then yeah they definitely should be the favorites again next year.

There's a bit uncertainty with Miami, although they'll still be the East favorite. OKC is probably the Spurs' biggest test as they'll pretty much be bringing back the same team I think. Indiana is a mess. And depending on what happens with Melo, who knows about potential contenders like Chicago and Houston.

How fitting would it be for a Miami vs. San Antonio Part III Finals next season. Series tied 1-1. The finale of a trilogy...Duncan and Ginobili's potential last seasons...could be the end of the Miami big 3. Getting way ahead of myself but the storylines would be epic if we got yet another rematch next year.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

nbafreak724 wrote:I don't know exactly what the situation is with SA's free agents...I think Diaw and Mills are the only guys that are FAs? Assuming that they are both re-signed, and that Duncan returns for one more season (he really should), then yeah they definitely should be the favorites again next year.

There's a bit uncertainty with Miami, although they'll still be the East favorite. OKC is probably the Spurs' biggest test as they'll pretty much be bringing back the same team I think. Indiana is a mess. And depending on what happens with Melo, who knows about potential contenders like Chicago and Houston.

How fitting would it be for a Miami vs. San Antonio Part III Finals next season. Series tied 1-1. The finale of a trilogy...Duncan and Ginobili's potential last seasons...could be the end of the Miami big 3. Getting way ahead of myself but the storylines would be epic if we got yet another rematch next year.
I had a similar train of thought. Totally getting ahead of myself too but still fun to think about. Among the GOATs in these series, another would be (another) one for the ages.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

How do you guys think This Spurs squad matches up against the all time great champions? I think pretty well. The great MJ-PippEn and Rodman years showcased such great defense I think they were the best ever.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Koopa Troopa

check out this Boris Diaw article

http://grantland.com/features/boris-dia ... yoffs-2014

Woodson gets made to look like an idiot in this as well

Diaw played in 76 games his rookie season, averaging 4.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 2.4 assists. Atlanta finished 28-54 and replaced Stotts with Woodson. Diaw’s play stagnated like the ball in Woodson’s offense the following season. He needed out, and he knew it.

“Hey, Boris couldn’t play for me,” Woodson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He said he didn’t want to play for me. He wanted out. But all I can do as a coach is coach a guy the best way I know how and if he doesn’t want to play for me, we have to try and accommodate him.”
Even Mike Ds family gets some
Once, Dan D’Antoni recalled an adamant assistant telling Diaw to guard an opponent a certain way. Diaw was insistent that it would lead to an easy score — sure enough, it did. “Boris goes by the bench in his French accent and goes, ‘I try it your way and now I do it my way,’” D’Antoni said. “I started laughing on the bench.”
bobhait
Likes given: 62

eh, Diaw is a lazy so-and-so. he had that one great season with the Suns, but otherwise has been fairly underwhelming most of his career. sometimes pudgier than Felton... what's French for "fugazy"?
sky’s the limit
Koopa Troopa

bobhait wrote:eh, Diaw is a lazy so-and-so. he had that one great season with the Suns, but otherwise has been fairly underwhelming most of his career. sometimes pudgier than Felton... what's French for "fugazy"?

He just played a crucial role in the NBA finals and all postseason long for the Champs. He deserves some credit man. :happy:
bobhait
Likes given: 62

SOME credit, and just for this postseason, not BSPN-like kiss on both ass cheeks as if he'd been an under-appreciated great player throughout most of his career.
sky’s the limit
shakespeare

H20Knick wrote:huge westbrook fan here.
shakespeare wrote:he's gonna be MVP one day.
:hmm:
#TeamTank