2014 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

mikeaman
Likes given: 0

First Round Matchups:

Indiana Vs: Atlanta
Miami Vs: Charlotte
Charlotte Vs: Wahington
Brooklyn Vs: Toronto
Spurs Vs: Mavericks
Thunder Vs: Grizzlies
Clippers Vs: Warriors
Rockets Vs: Blazers

I love making predictions but I wouldn't want to call a lot of these series. Seems like they could go either way.

One of three teams comes out of the East in my opinion (Miami, Indiana, or Brooklyn). And given that Brooklyn matches up well against Miami (swept the season series actually) and that Indiana has been struggling in the second half of the season, I'm not surprised if it's Brooklyn.

Out West, Golden State clearly doesn't have the most talent. No real superstar on that team (Stephen Curry and Andre Iguodala are the two best players but neither is a true superstar). But, after seeing what they did in the playoffs last year (where Stephen Curry and a bunch of rookies and scrubs beat Denver and took the Spurs to the brink), I'm almost of the opinion that the Golden State coaching staff knows stuff other teams don't know. Golden State is also the coaching staff that changed the NBA game last year (turning the NBA into a series of intentionally created bobbles and fumbles by design). So I like them to come out of the West.

New NBA Finals Prediction: Golden State Over Brooklyn.

Mark Jackson gets his first title. Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy on the call. Should be some entertaining stuff.
Knicks 2011.
Naan

Wasn't that your old prediction?

East

Indiana over ATL in 6
Miami over Charlotte in 4
Washington over Chicago in 7
Toronto over Brooklyn in 6

Indiana over Washington in 5
Miami over Toronto in 5

Miami over Indiana in 6

West

Spurs over Mavs in 5
Thunder over Grizzlies in 6
Clippers over Warriors in 5
Houston over Portland in 6

Spurs over Clippers in 7
Thunder over Houston in 7

Spurs over Thunder in 6

Finals

Spurs over Miami in 6
mikeaman

Old NBA Finals prediction was Golden State Vs: Knicks. Now, I like Brooklyn to come out of the East though.

Miami looks vulnerable to me. Three years and they still haven't really gotten the James/Wade pairing to work. Brooklyn at full strength is really deep with multiple guys who can guard James (Kirilenko, Johnson, Pierce). They have a lot more depth than Miami who still has a lot of poor role players (Chalmers, Cole, Battier). In a 7 game series between Brooklyn and Miami, I think Brooklyn would come out on top.

Indiana also looks vulnerable (maybe not in the first round) but definitely against Miami or Brooklyn in my opinion.
Knicks 2011.
Nononsense

Who cares? :?
shakespeare

I stand by my preseason prediction of Pacers over OKC in the NBA Finals.

But let me say this for the sake of conversation: I believe that if OKC stumbles, then Spurs are deadlocked for the Finals. And if Pacers stumble, look for Miami to lose to Spurs in the Finals. Jesus Shuttlesworth won't save LeBron this time.
#TeamTank
cheftom
Likes given: 3

Don't care. I am rooting against Brooklyn and Miami.

:thumbsdown:
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
Naan

Lil B From The Pack ‏@LILBTHEBASEDGOD 56m
shouts out to the San Antonio spurs orginization - Lil B
[youtube]26QIL8HDLoQ[/youtube]

TYBG.
nbafreak724

Pacers in 6
Heat in 5
Raptors in 7
Bulls in 7

Pacers over Bulls in 7
Heat over Raps in 5

Pacers over Heat in 7
----------------

Spurs in 5
Thunder in 6
Clippers in 7
Blazers in 6

Spurs over Blazers in 6
Clippers over Thunder in 6

Spurs over Clippers in 5

Finals: Spurs over Pacers in 6
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Come on Raptors. Wipe these punks up!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
nbafreak724

Toronto crowd is insane. People watching the game from outside the arena lol. Good for that city. Got friends in Toronto, theyve got a large fanbase there, they love their basketball.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
shakespeare

First time I've really watched Raptors this season and I agree their fan base is insane. I just can't stomach this team, though.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

nbafreak724 wrote:Toronto crowd is insane. People watching the game from outside the arena lol. Good for that city. Got friends in Toronto, theyve got a large fanbase there, they love their basketball.
Well the Raptors are considered "Canada's NBA team" by most Canadians, so I"m not surprised at how they still have a crazy sell out crowd in their first playoff game since the Chris Bosh era. Most Canadians didn't even get behind the Grizzlies back when they were in Vancouver, the Raptors is like a Canadian basketball symbol for that country's citizens
shakespeare

Finally realized the difference between Nets and Knicks this season.

Knicks made excuses...Nets made the playoffs (with a rookie head coach nonetheless).

We shitted on Brooklyn this past offseason, yet they're in the playoffs, and we're watching.

Knicks disgust me.
#TeamTank
Naan

Masai Ujiri is the best.

Phil should pay him double his Toronto salary.

Is anyone cringing at the thought of a Miami-Nets semi? So many players I abhor on the court at one time.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

im rooting for brooklyn.
i hate the raptors and their fanbase more than the nets.
let the champs handle the nets.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Can't believe Golden State drafted Curry right before us. Can you imagine this guy in the Garden every year?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Me watching the playoffs again without the Knicks participating...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Koopa Troopa

Ujiri is a master Nigerian scam artist when it comes to trades but he ain't much when it comes to signing free agents. See Landry fields
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

DLee has become such a quality player. It's also impressive to see Jermaine O'Neal play so many minutes at this pace. DeAndre Jordan is definitely better than Tyson Chandler at this point... and i'm jealous we dont have mark jackson
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
KnicksRUs

shakespeare wrote:Finally realized the difference between Nets and Knicks this season.

Knicks made excuses...Nets made the playoffs (with a rookie head coach nonetheless).

We shitted on Brooklyn this past offseason, yet they're in the playoffs, and we're watching.

Knicks disgust me.
We shitted on them because they traded away their entire future to win LITERALLY this year or never. It's probably one of the biggest gambles of all time. From what I've seen it was still a horrendous idea because I still believe they have absolutely no shot at the title.

Knicks disgust me...... But Brooklyn still does.
"I hate them" - Stugotz