Rondo to the Knicks? (Warning: noncredible "source")

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

Don't tarnish my credibility for it.....i'm just posting...what could we give the celtics anyways? Dont know how much truth there is to this one boys (And girls)

I know it"s crazy but it"s out there JoshZemlock ‏@JZemlock 1m
“@TheNBACentral: Report: Knicks and Celtics are in discussion about a deal involving Rajon Rondo.”@KnicksNation @KnicksTape

Greg ‏@Cally214 1m
Hearing murmurs about Rondo to the Knicks in another blockbuster
Last edited by Boston_PuppyDawg on June 28th, 2013, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Freddie_Freeloader

What could we even offer them?
Mase in your face

Got nothing but love for you BPD but you have a little bit of a history of (unknowingly)perpetuating baseless twitter rumors by fake or no name accounts.

This NBA central has less than 900 followers and the only place reporting it. I'm sure many of the followers came after that tweet.
RIP Anthony Mason 2-28-2015
Muzhik1

No, just an empty rumor. We have no pieces for Rondo, and even if we had, Celtics have no interest in helping us. I have seen this earlier on realgm.
Muzhik1

Freddie_Freeloader wrote:What could we even offer them?
Boston_PuppyDawg

Mase in your face wrote:Got nothing but love for you BPD but you have a little bit of a history of (unknowingly)perpetuating baseless twitter rumors by fake or no name accounts.

This NBA central has less than 900 followers and the only place reporting it. I'm sure many of the followers came after that tweet.
Just letting you know somebody's talking about it then lol....its just a very crazy time of the season...
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Nononsense

Don't play with my emotions BPD. God, please let this be legit. Please let it have at least an ounce of credibility.
Mase in your face

They then posted later that "sorry, it's just a building rumor"
RIP Anthony Mason 2-28-2015
mikeaman

By trading Rondo to the Knicks, the Celtics make those three picks from the Nets more valuable.
Knicks 2011.
nbafreak724

But Shumpert is the next Rondo...
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Muzhik1

nbafreak724 wrote:But Shumpert is the next Rondo...
Naw, he is the next Dwayne Wade.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Oh this smells like bullshit...........pretty damn sure Rondo is the centerpiece of the Celtics rebuilding process
Naan

Felton and Novak for Rondo probably works. They can have Camby too. I don't know if there are any provisions preventing this from happening, but I'm guessing the salaries match up if Rondo makes 11 million (guessing from memory) and Felton and Novak combine for about 10 million.
Muzhik1

Naan wrote:Felton and Novak for Rondo probably works. They can have Camby too. I don't know if there are any provisions preventing this from happening, but I'm guessing the salaries match up if Rondo makes 11 million (guessing from memory) and Felton and Novak combine for about 10 million.
Celtics are not trading Rondo. If they were to trade him it would be for an all star and/or combination of unprotected draft picks.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Yea mods.......ahhhhh...you can lock this up if you'd like.....sorry ya'll lol
Nononsense

Wait just a second BPD. Don't lock it up. If anything, send it to the Fantasy Forum. I'd like to entertain this for one second. After all, it is the summer and we have nothing better to do.

Okay, just to entertain this, here's something that could happen:

With Pierce, Garnett, and Jet gone, the Celtics are in full-blown rebuild mode. They made sure they salvaged a youngster with upside like Avery Bradley. He's young, a defensive talent, and cheap. These are the type of players and contracts they're looking to take on if they indeed trade Rondo. The only problem is making the salaries match. That being said, we could offer them Amare and ... wait for it... Shump along with a future first rounder for Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green, and Courtney Lee.

Why would Boston do it? Because this move sheds three large salaries for them. Meanwhile, they can use their amnesty provision on Amare. Theoretically, it's the equivalent of having three amnesty provisions. And on top of it, they get a stud in Shumpert plus a future first round draft pick. Add Shumpert and our first round draft pick to Marshon Brooks and the Nets' 3 first round draft picks (2 of which are unprotected) as well as all of their own draft picks, and the Celtics have successfully set themselves up for a nice rebuild in a matter of days. Now, it's just a matter of them developing Shump & Marshon as well as doing their homework and drafting well. All the components are there. If you're in full-blown rebuild mode, this is a viable route as Rondo is 27, Green will be 27 in August, and Lee will be 28 in October. No, they're not old, but clearly in the prime of their careers and are probably not interested in a rebuild. Plus, word on the street is that Rondo can be hard to deal with anyway.

Why would the Knicks do it? Because you finally get out of Amare's contract after wasting our amnesty on Billups (whom we gave an extension a few months before burning our amnesty on him)... still fuming over that. Plus, we get Rondo in the process!!! Rondo is a top 3 pg in my opinion. The additions of Green and Lee are simply icing on the cake and helps take away the pain of losing Shump. I love what Shump brings to the court, but we 1. get out of Amare's deal; 2. get a top 3 pg finally; and 3. get a stretch pf in Green that can defend and knock down a shot from the perimeter.

Here's what our core would look like:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Raymond Feltton / Courtney Lee
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Jeff Green
C - Tyson Chandler

Since Woody seems married to the idea of a 2-pg lineup, I think Rondo/Felton would work beautifully as a back court tandem. And since Woody loves playing Mello at the 4, we may as well bring in a stretch 4 that can actually defend opposing 4's and also spread the floor with his shooting on offense. This way, the distinction between sf and pf becomes less important and Woody can effectively run his system.

At this point, we just need some good solid vet. min. guys. I don't know what the future holds for us with J.R., Copeland, Pablo, and Kmart. I prefer to bring them all back, but that's probably not likely. Just for argument's sake, if we strike out with all of them (not likely), we could just go after vets like Brand, Jamison, Odom, etc. I know they are well past their primes, but they can all be very useful off the bench in reserve roles while playing reserve minutes. Also, I'd try to lure Nate by offering him our taxpayers MLE.

Now roast me folks. :P
electrifire6

I think amnesty can only be used by the team who actually signed the player. So in this case, Boston would not be able to amnesty Amare since they did not sign him to that contract.
"I think Jerome [James] is one of the best defensive big men in the game in terms of the center position." -Isiah Thomas, February 3, 2007
Nononsense

electrifire6 wrote:I think amnesty can only be used by the team who actually signed the player. So in this case, Boston would not be able to amnesty Amare since they did not sign him to that contract.
I thought the only stipulation was that it had to be a contract that was signed prior to the new CBA. Spree, what's the rule?
KnicksRUs

I vote we should put an auto lock feature on BPD's account whenever he creates a thread that has the words "trade" or "rumor" in it.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
rtn393
Global Moderator

Yes, amnesty can only be used by the team that signed the player to the contract, and the contract also has to have been signed before the new CBA.

Since this is a baseless rumor, I'm moving the thread to Armchair GM.