Jimmer Fredette an option?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnickFiend
Likes given: 0

So, is there any chance we can make a play on Fredette? If the Kings are considering trading a former lottery pick maybe we can look into a trade for a draft pick or...actually screw it we have no assets.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-courtn ... s-his-deal
They dont think it be like it is. But it do.
KnicksRUs

You said it yourself..... We have no assets. I don't get the question.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

fredette hasn't shown anything yet. at best high risk & high reward.

what is the unmet need on our side? it's not for an undersized sg that can't shoot or defend.

i'd rather get an athletic swing that can defend and shoot; sonny weems fills a need and won't cost us any assets.
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Can't play defense.. Is he a PG or SG?
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Fredette is about to be the next Adam Morrison if he doesn't improve his ball-handling and playmaking abilities............he got out-played this season by essentially a 2nd rounder/undrafted rookie
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Is he asian?
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

thewatcher wrote:Is he asian?

and definitely not from harvard... :LOL:
Sundov=NextMJ

He is pretty much JJ Redick. He will always be a terrible defender, but imagine the floor spacing if we had Novak and Fredette on the floor together.
KnicksRUs

Sundov=NextMJ wrote:He is pretty much JJ Redick. He will always be a terrible defender, but imagine the floor spacing if we had Novak and Fredette on the floor together.
Except Jimmer can't even really shoot anymore.

It'd definitely be interesting to see what he would do on the NY stage. He seems like a big stage player to me.

Doesn't really matter though lol because this is all pointless.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

Jimmer can't shoot? I haven't watched him in the NBA, but I remember him having a great shot in college. I have no idea what kind of value he holds, but I think he'd be a good extra shooter for the Knicks. Like everyone else said though, I don't see how it would happen.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Its not that Jimmer cant shoot its that he doesnt know how to shoot. Ill explain. Just like a bigman in college can dominate and then he gets to the nba and all of a sudden hes no longer the most athletic guys in the gym, his amazing college size is average at the nba level and his ability to just dunk on people now looks like unrefined trash, a shooter has his own issues.

Im sure if you saw Jimmer in practice hed be hitting jumper after jumper like it no problem. But just like the bigman shooter have to relearn how to again at this level look as good as they looked in college, with the knowledge that theyll probably never look as dominant. In college hes the star, every pick and screen is meant for him and even when hes not running the point theres always someone looking out for him. In the nba hes nobody. So he'll have to learn how to seperate, how not to waste motions bring it all in and use his teammates to get open, he'll have to learn how to feed his teammates so that in return they feed him. And right now hes at the bottom end of this learning curve. People forget, Reddick had the same problem and even less of a handle so...

Jimmer just needs the right system and its not here.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

n8 the gr8 wrote:Jimmer can't shoot? I haven't watched him in the NBA, but I remember him having a great shot in college. I have no idea what kind of value he holds, but I think he'd be a good extra shooter for the Knicks. Like everyone else said though, I don't see how it would happen.
Adam Morrison did too...............whatever happened to him :laugh:
Boston_PuppyDawg

*bump*"

@EyeOnBasketball: The Kings are shopping Jimmer to make room to sign Monta Ellis, @KBergCBS reports http://t.co/R5uXov4kAs"
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
KnicksRUs

He would fit perfectly in a 3 point shooting offense like ours. This would be a fantastic pickup as a 3rd PG option. Give them some 2nd round picks (if we have any) and lets make it happen.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
Nononsense

There is nobody on our roster that I'd trade for him.... NOBODY. And I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him even if we had one to waste.