Woo hoo!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NYK Fan
Likes given: 0

Wish me luck... missed out on Open Scrimmage tickets, but might meet some of the Knicks tonight. Going to try to see if I can talk to some people from the Knicks organization to see if I can get some tickets from them.

Nazr, call me if you can, before 6pm. I can get you in to meet some of them if you can call me back. Already texted and left a voice message on your damn phone.
Everyone finally realizes Carmelo isn't worth the max contract.

"...Carmelo... has only won a total of three playoff series... His team has won only 23 of the 66 playoff games... (a 34.8 winning percentage). That’s one the worst individual postseason records in NBA history... (Source http://bit.ly/TEn08g)"

"Jackson... likes Jeremy Lin’s game and has had his eye on the point guard since his rookie season in Golden State..." (Source http://bit.ly/1mapt5m)

Knick fan since 1987
Boston_PuppyDawg

NYK Fan wrote:Wish me luck... missed out on Open Scrimmage tickets, but might meet some of the Knicks tonight. Going to try to see if I can talk to some people from the Knicks organization to see if I can get some tickets from them.

Nazr, call me if you can, before 6pm. I can get you in to meet some of them if you can call me back. Already texted and left a voice message on your damn phone.
Nice! Take some pictures and post em up for God sakes!!
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
NYK Fan

I'll post them up when I get home. Got a pic with Shumpert, two KCD dancers, and pics and autographs of Fields, Bibby, Harrelson, Walker, Douglas, Shumpert, Earl Monroe and John Wallace

I don't feel bad missing the scrimmage.
Btw, the dancers are hot in person.

"...Carmelo... has only won a total of three playoff series... His team has won only 23 of the 66 playoff games... (a 34.8 winning percentage). That’s one the worst individual postseason records in NBA history... (Source http://bit.ly/TEn08g)"

"Jackson... likes Jeremy Lin’s game and has had his eye on the point guard since his rookie season in Golden State..." (Source http://bit.ly/1mapt5m)

Knick fan since 1987
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

NYK Fan wrote:I'll post them up when I get home. Got a pic with Shumpert, two KCD dancers, and pics and autographs of Fields, Bibby, Harrelson, Walker, Douglas, Shumpert, Earl Monroe and John Wallace

I don't feel bad missing the scrimmage.
Btw, the dancers are hot in person.
Consider me jealous. :thumbsup:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
NYK Fan

Shit I didn't know, pretty much anyone could have walked in tonight. Next time I know my company is doing this again, I'll invite some of you along as my guests (no joke).

Here are some of the pics, can't post all of them here:

Renaldo Balkman, , Toney Douglas, and Landry Fields

Toney Douglas, Billy Walker (in orange shirt), Josh Harrellson, Landry Fields, and Iman Shumpert

Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas, and Landry Fields

Referees with Earl Monroe, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Josh Harrelson, Iman Shumpert, Billy Walker, Renaldo Balkman (dreads in background), and Mike Bibby

Me and Iman Shumpert

Me and Melissa and Amanda from the Knicks City Dancers

Knick fan since 1987
nbafreak724

Aha now we all know what NYK Fan looks like

Sweet pics, what's up with Bill Walker's hair lol
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Boston_PuppyDawg

Nice pics!!!
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
NYK Fan

nbafreak724 wrote:Aha now we all know what NYK Fan looks like

I have no idea. But he's like a taller version of Nate. Was talking all night on the mic, cheering on the competitors (it was a corporate league basketball game).

Knick fan since 1987
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Representing the Fanpage! :thumbsup:
#knickstape
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

Good shit, man. :thumbsup:
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
mikeaman

If I was there I would have tried to get my picture taken with Coach Weber. :whacky:
Knicks 2011.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

NYK Fan is the man!
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

nbafreak724 wrote:Aha now we all know what NYK Fan looks like

Yeah, no sh*t.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
NYK Fan

No joke, didn't know it was going to be open (first time attending this), but if you guys want, I'll invite you all as guests next year. I'll post up an announcement and you can contact me and I'll get you in. There was like about 100 people total there, so you got to go up and talk to them. One of the girls in my company chatted up Iman Shumpert for like 20 mins. And I John Wallace was on our sidelines chatting up our ball squad.

Knick fan since 1987
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

NYK Fan wrote:No joke, didn't know it was going to be open (first time attending this), but if you guys want, I'll invite you all as guests next year. I'll post up an announcement and you can contact me and I'll get you in. There was like about 100 people total there, so you got to go up and talk to them. One of the girls in my company chatted up Iman Shumpert for like 20 mins. And I John Wallace was on our sidelines chatting up our ball squad.

and give us a couple days notice so h20knick can get up to ny.

and yes, h20knick is talking in the 3rd person, just like shump shump and shump's arm
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

No Amare? I got his autograph last year. Nice dude.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Dirtstar

anyone else sick of Bill Walker.

he just annoys me, for some reason.

maybe it's that ridiculous 3T hair he's got going on?? :?
NYK Fan

lol @ h20knick talking in third person

No, for publicity events with no cameras, they're not rolling out the stars. Only starter there was Douglas. Rest was bench/vets on min contracts/rookies.
And none of the coaches were there, but got to talk Earl (he really is still a basketball fan, was watching the lawyers, accountants and other professionals balling and was laughing it up and cheering on the teams), and he's pretty nice. I can see why they don't put him on television as much as Walt Frazier. He's nice, but not overly talkative or a "personality" like Walt. I was hoping Walt would be there.

On a side note, Wallace seemed surprised when I asked him for his autograph. I feel bad for him, because I can see in his eyes this is not what he thought his career would end up being, just part of the PR team for the Knicks.

On a side note, Balkman isn't high. He just has a lazy look. I've never seen a guy that laid back, he's more laid back than even people I've known to get high. It's a total shame, because if he put in the work, he has the athleticism (and size, he was huge.... *pause*)... it's a shame and a waste. He was the one who looked like he least wanted to be there.

Iman... that guy definitely is ready for the league. He had no problem talking, and talking about the Knicks, and I think he's going go far, just from his confidence and what we know of his athleticism. BTW Bibby is my height. Those must be big shoes to give him the extra few inches lol

Knick fan since 1987
dcapodic

Great stuff NYK! Must have been a fun night. Ok, I saw the pics and whereas I know you enjoyed being with the players, this pic says it all :) Can we caption this pic?!?!?

My caption entry....

"Who cares about the Knicks, checkout me boys :)"
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

All good about the big namers. Catch them before the game! Good stuff!
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.