Ten trivia questions.

Test your NBA trivia knowledge against other NYKFP forum members.

Moderator: Irv

Naan
Likes given: 0

(Irv or a mod, please move this to Trivia)

From various trivia sites I have compiled a few thought-provoking riddles. I'll post one at a time until someone conjectures a correct answer. Please don't use your favorite search engine and learn to expect the unexpected.

1. I built a Hall of Fame career during my 11-year stint with a certain team in red, where I earned several championship rings and several years of All-NBA credit. I've played in several All-Star games, and have taken home the All-Star MVP. I've finished many a play with a thundering dunk. Once, in the Dunk Contest, I took off from the free throw line and threw it down. My style of play has actually inspired new terminology. Who am I and what terminology have I inspired?
Nononsense

Fred Air Jones

Terminology - Air Fred, His Fredness.

That one was too easy. What's the next one?
Naan

Sorry, but Fred Jones took off from the three-point line.

Any other guesses?
Nononsense

I'm guessing that you're trying to make it sound as if the answer is Michael Jordan, but that would be too easy now wouldn't it... Therefore, I'm gonna say the answer is Julius Erving, aka The Doctor, aka Dr. J.

I still like my Fred answer better. 8-)
YouthMovement

A certain teammate of Michael Jordans :D
Boston_PuppyDawg

Wait!.....That's easy...it's Michael Jord.....actually it's obviously Fred "Air" Jones...i'm sure of it :D
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
KnickFiend

Scottie Pippin

Point Forward

Thought it could've been Mike he played 11 seasons for the bulls too, though i guess technically it was 10 and a half.
They dont think it be like it is. But it do.
Naan

KnickFiend is correct.

2. I was drafted by a small market in the mid-90's, but was immediately shipped via trade to the bright lights of Los Angeles. Among other things, in my rookie season I won the Slam Dunk Contest and cracked the All-Rookie second team. I've done some record-breaking things in the three-point shooting department, and I've gotten myself some Championship rings playing alongside a certain big fella you may know. You could say basketball is in my blood; my dad was an NBA All-Star. Who am I?
nyknicksfan27

GOT IT! Brent Barry!
"Where is that Kardashian guy?"
Naan

Both of you are correct, as Kobe's father was not an all-star.

3. I was a First Team All-American in high school, where I led my team to two state championships. I came into LSU as the marquee center, and the attention I garnered there got me drafted by the Orlando Magic in 1991, where I averaged double digits right away. Since then, the main knock on me has been my playing shape and free throw shooting. Know who I am? Then tell me, which of the following teams did I go to after leaving Orlando?
Nononsense

To confuse things more, you should've added that his first name begins with an "S", and he left Orlando (the team that drafted hin) for Los Angelas, early in his career... :wink:

Stanley Roberts.
Naan

If someone figured out Shaq was wrong because he was drafted the next year, the letter would have been a step in the right direction. Besides, everyone is paranoid enough about the Knicks. :P

4. I am a pioneer for international basketball, achieving many firsts for a German-born player in the NBA. At 6'10 with one of the deadliest long-range games in the League, I've created problems for many a defense. After being drafted by Dallas, my first few seasons as a Mav were all promise, but over time I turned into a multiple-time All-Star and even an All-NBAer. You know me? And what was the first postseason award I ever won?
Nononsense

Kiki Vandeweghe, and I have no clue what postseason award he won. I could google it if you'd llike. :D
Naan

You're wrong, finally.
nbafreak724

Scottie Pippen has dunked from the free throw line? When?
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Naan

nbafreak724 wrote:Scottie Pippen has dunked from the free throw line? When?

YouthMovement

Detlef Schrempf?

and he won sixth man of the year.
Naan

You are right, YM.

5. I was the first overall pick of a new decade. After dominating the post in the Big East, I moved on to New Jersey to be their power forward of the future. After an All-Rookie first season, the team welcomed a new star point guard, and the two of us brought Playoff ball back to the swamp the following year. I made my first and only All-Star appearance for the Nets in my fourth season, but it actually wasn't long thereafter that I was traded. My kids may not remember my playing days much, but at least I can tell them stories about playing with Allen Iverson. You know me, but do you know my nickname? What does it remind you of (a movie character, an animal, a store chain, or a city)?
alson77777772001

K-Mart
Reporter: "What position do you play?"

Tim Thomas: "I play the 'Dunking On People' position. Coach says go in, and who to dunk on, and I just dunk on them."

Reporter: "Fascinating."

-By NYK Fan.. funny! =D

It's the hard Knick life for us...
It's the hard Knick life for us...
'Stead of swishes, we throw bricks...
'Stead of playoffs, we get picks...
It's the hard Knick life...

-Credit to Naanination
Naan

alson77777772001 wrote:K-Mart
That's who I want you to believe the answer is. :D