Final Tape| Knicks vs. Bulls (L, 118-111)

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

nbafreak724
Likes given: 0

I'm very tired and a little ticked off with this loss so this edition of Final Tape will be short and sweet. And to be honest, there's not a whole lot to say here. We got off to a great start but then the inevitable happened. The Bulls defense tightened up like it always does and we had trouble hitting shots. It was a very physical and dicey game with lots of technicals, as usual. Eventually the Bulls climbed back into it late and finished us off in overtime. The Knicks go an embarrassing 0-4 against the Rose-less Bulls this season.

Great start
As mentioned, we started off the game red hot. At one point we led 22-6. And we withstood a couple of small Bulls runs to hold onto a 8-12 point lead for the 2nd/3rd quarter until we ran out of gas and collapse. A large portion of this great start was due to our three point shooting (of course) off great ball movement. BTW, we set an NBA record for most 3 pointers in a season, which if I'm being honest is not really a record I'm proud of.

Felton
Ray-Ray looked pretty good tonight. Other than a couple of plays where he erratically drove to the rim and 2 seconds into overtime where he fell to the floor clutching his knee. It initially looked bad but he got up and said he's alright. We have to wait and see if that's actually the case. Felton finished with 19 and 6 on 8-17 shooting and once again did a nice job of penetrating the defense en route to the rim.

The Bulls are in sole possession of 5th place
Meaning if things stand as the way they are, we wont have to play them until the Conf Finals, if they even get that far.

The Bulls still have our number
Ugh. We really just dont match up well against them. They are too physical and with this small jumpshooting lineup we have, that just doesnt work well for us. Their defense tonight wasnt as impressive as our previous matchups (missing Noah and Gibson may have something to do with that) but they still came up with some defensive stops when they needed to. Melo had 36 and 19 rebounds but he took 34 shots to get that. Deng and Butler played him well and were very physical with him as they were all season. Yet another reason why it's best to avoid the Bulls all together in the postseason. 7 games of that physical play would really wear down Anthony.

Nate Robinson
We did not have an answer for him tonight. A lot of it was him hitting 3 after 3 but he also got to the rim at will. He had 35 points off the bench. And he's kind of a prick now (sorry, watch)

Living and Dying by the 3
Tonight was the perfect example. In the first half or so (mainly the 1st quarter), we were feasting on the 3 ball, helping us build a big lead. But when Chicago started chipping away at it, we couldnt hit anything from beyond the arc. It's the way we've been playing all season, and it's been effective for the past couple of weeks but it just didnt do the trick tonight.

In James Singleton we trust?

We're right back at it tomorrow against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The streak is now over but there's still work to be done. We need to lock up that no. 2 seed and I really wish we could have done that earlier because every time a player hits the floor, I shit my pants. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice easy win so that we can start resting some of our guys.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

I should have got off my ass to set up the forum permissions for you guys earlier (turns out it's not that easy for non-moderators) so I wouldn't have to be the one to stick this damn Final Tape.

sonofabitch
Naan

Ehhhh, as long as the Knicks secure 2 and Chicago stays at 5 I don't have a major problem with this game's result. It will be troubling times if Uncle Drew takes it to the Knicks yet again on a Friday on the second game of a back-to-back. Tina said Felton told her it was a mild knee sprain and he will play tomorrow. Since our players are also experts at self-diagnosis and Woodson acknowledges that he lets the players decide, he might actually give it a go, especially since we'll be short-handed once again. I'd consider resting him for Indiana because that game could be the one that decides 2 and 3 in the East. I guess we won't know what the right move is until we know the result of tomorrow's game.
KnickFiend

The Bulls don't worry me mainly because they didn't face one Knick team that was healthy or had any continuity. They can have the series. Too focused on playoffs. They are only relevant in the conference finals #NotWorried
They dont think it be like it is. But it do.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

We lost a game. Melo hits that game winner and we're all playing grab ass in the game thread. The streak is over and it's time to regroup tomorrow. The Cleveland game is the one we have to win. Just right the ship and put this loss behind us.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8
Likes given: 540

My positives: how we started both halves and how we were able to lock in at the end of the fourth to get the chance to win the game with a Anthony jumper. Anthony and Smith fought their asses off combining for 33 rebounds. The starting line-up with Copeland at center did fine.

The negatives: Great defenses can hold Melo and Smith to low percentages. Shooting a combined 24-61 (39 percent) puts a lot of pressure on the team to play nearly perfect in other parts to have a good chance to win. Too much pressure for a Knicks team that had to play Melo or Novak as the back-up center of the back-up-back-up-back-up-back-up-back-up-back-up-center Copeland.

Let's see how the team responds in Cleveland. If we come out with the same fire we should have a better chance to win this one. It would mean that we could secure the second seed with a win against Indiana on sunday, so let's do this shit!
#knickstape
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

We were one healthy big man away from getting this W on the road. I'm proud of how the players stepped up.Too bad Melo missed the game winner..
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

nbafreak724 wrote:

Nate Robinson
We did not have an answer for him tonight. A lot of it was him hitting 3 after 3 but he also got to the rim at will. He had 35 points off the bench. And he's kind of a prick now (sorry, watch)

No worries freak :thumbsup: great job writing the game up as usual. You guys have all done a marvelous job, I still think you should get more exposure in the game thread or the knicks forum....

I agree nate is being a prick to us. But if we go back and look at his experience with us, I think it's pretty easy to understand why. Mostly fcking Pringles. But we also didn't even consider him when he was an unemployed FA this past summer. So yeah he's mad at us and rubbing it into our face. The guy is just so motivated against us and locked in on his revenge that it sucks. And i'm pretty certain the Chi-town fans could give 2 shits about his preening and flexing as long as he drops the hgame winner (to end the cHeat's streak, or outscores us on OT by himself to end our streak). Thats why I dont want Chicago in the 2nd round. That and the obvious returns of D Rose and Noah...
Last edited by thewatcher on April 12th, 2013, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

I was pretty much resovled to the fact that we were going to get beaten last night. We played a pretty good game for having no bigs. What pissed me off to the point of shooting my assualt rifle at random traffic was Nate Robinson.

How in the hell can you play in the NBA and have a Napoleon complex? First of all, he does like 7 different rituals at the freethrow line. His mockery of Novak's move proves he's a childish shitball with alfredo sauce for brains. His gestures to the crowd remind my of a bad rap concert's hype man. AND, the flexing of those turd-sized arms left me speechless. I would love to drop a flaming anvil into his crotch.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

Mr. Glass wrote:I was pretty much resovled to the fact that we were going to get beaten last night. We played a pretty good game for having no bigs. What pissed me off to the point of shooting my assualt rifle at random traffic was Nate Robinson.

How in the hell can you play in the NBA and have a Napoleon complex? First of all, he does like 7 different rituals at the freethrow line. His mockery of Novak's move proves he's a childish shitball with alfredo sauce for brains. His gestures to the crowd remind my of a bad rap concert's hype man. AND, the flexing of those turd-sized arms left me speechless. I would love to drop a flaming anvil into his crotch.
:clap:
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
StevoStarks

Me too Glass. For the record, I hate Nate Robinson now too. Unless he's on my team, he's the most annoying opponent in the world. I hate watching him flex and jump around every time something goes the Bulls way. So fucking annoying.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

Nate can do all the flexing and shouting he wants and it won't bother me. He's in his house and Chi-town has embraced him. It's a great fit for him.

But disrespecting the discount double-check? Burn in hell you midget-ass bum. He's still butthurt over Novak's clever comment. 8 double-checks after one shot? The only reason a dude needs to buckle up like that is he's still sitting in the child-seat.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
qdman

I'm biased as f3ck but IMO this is all stuff that no one should ever say after a loss like that. No matter how obnoxious he is or isn't it doesn't matter, the bottom line is he won that game for them in a tough situation. Also be honest this wasn't the turning point with ANY one about nate, it's the same people who were 50-50 or lesser on him whan he was in ny. This may have been a credible abstract thought when Nate's career was stumbling, but he is carrying a team now. You can band together and paint him as an asshole, but it's now obvious to the NBA that hes a warrior who is has one of the strongest wills in the game. There's some natural arrogance to wanting to dominate the game, and I really feel like that people are actually upset because he dominated. I'm not gonna pretend like I understand people's assessment of him. Bottom line when Nate wasn't making an impact on the league I had to accept shutting up; he is now and it's no longer my turn. Go knicks.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

n8 the gr8 wrote:Nate can do all the flexing and shouting he wants and it won't bother me. He's in his house and Chi-town has embraced him. It's a great fit for him.

But disrespecting the discount double-check? Burn in hell you midget-ass bum. He's still butthurt over Novak's clever comment. 8 double-checks after one shot? The only reason a dude needs to buckle up like that is he's still sitting in the child-seat.
ROTFLMAO...OICMP (Opps I Crapped My Pants)!
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
StevoStarks

n8 the gr8 wrote:Nate can do all the flexing and shouting he wants and it won't bother me. He's in his house and Chi-town has embraced him. It's a great fit for him.

Hahahahaha, hilarious n8. :D

I like Nate, just not when we're playing him. He really gets under my skin when we do. And yes, it definitely has something to do with how good he is and how well he plays against us.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

n8 that was hilarious....honestly guys, as long as you respect his game and talent, I have no problem with hating him for kicking our ass.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.