Final Tape | Knicks vs. Raptors II (W, 110-84)

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 534

On the back-end of a home-and-home with the Raptors, the Knicks took care of business starting after a Mike Woodson timeout with 2 minutes and ten seconds left in the first half. Until then the Knicks let the Raptors hang in there 50-45. Their defense left a lot to be desired, letting the Raptors shoot nearly 50 percent in a shootout. After that time-out the Knicks went on a 9-2 run to finish the half and never looked back, holding the Raps to 37 points in the second half.

Video summary:
[youtube]smZkWFQX1v4[/youtube]

- Iman Shumpert was back! And I don't mean the rapper:
[youtube]BI93mtnKZ5M[/youtube]
I am speaking of Shumpert the ballhawk. The one who seems to have his hands everywhere. In addition to a good chunk of deflections, Shumpert finished the game with four steals in his roughly 20 minutes of playing time.
- The determination after halftime, never letting the Raptors get back in the game.
- Kenyon Martin keeps on to impress on both sides off the ball. In the over-30 club he looks like the one with the freshest legs - no wonder as a late pick-up, but still IMPRESSIVE! The way he plays, we could be in good shape once Tyson returns and could've a great bigmen rotation if at least one of Thomas, Wallace or Stoudemire returns in time for the playoffs. (Knock on wood)
- The Pacers, Nets and Celtics lost -> we are back in 2nd place, having one loss less than the Pacers.
- Melo looks like a different beast since his knee got drained.
- All offensive weapons were working on route to a 52 percent shooting night for the Knicks: Melo (9/19 - 28 points), Smith (9/16 - 25), Copeland (5/7 - 12) and Martin (7/11 - 18) for a second consecutive night scored highly efficient in double figures.

- Melo shoving Fields (though the refs called a shitty game early in that match-up): opponents still get easily under Melo's skin.
- Smith making a lay-up at the buzzer when he showed the "I'll run the clock off"-card. Unnecessary.
- Copeland can't sing.
- Injuries: At one point in the first half Woodson had Copeland and Novak at the four and five. Who should play center? Pick your choice.

A week against weak competition equaled four wins and the outlooked changed back from doomed to hopeful. What will it be worth?

Next up is a match-up with the Boston Celtics, a possible first round match-up. To back that "hopeful" outlook up, the Knicks have to win a big game after a long stretch of losses against the upper echelon, so let's see if they are up for that task. Will Tyson Chandler be ready to contribute?
#knickstape
MrMajik2
Likes given: 0

Yeah I thought the Smith layup at the end was classless. Love the guy, but it pissed me off. Loved EVERYTHING else about the win yesterday though.
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

The Raptors players were being jackasses rushing after the Knicks on the last missed shot including Alan Anderson. I wouldn't have done it but no big deal. Raptors can go fishing next month. I'm sure they've already made calls into their assistants making sure the fridge is stocked and the electric bill is up to par so they can return home.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

great recap spree. :thumbsup:

looking forward to hurting the celts!
Naan
Likes given: 0

Missed this one, glad they took care of business. Loving all the driving in the short clip you posted. Looking forward to a Tyson-Martin combination starting this week as well.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Naan wrote:Missed this one, glad they took care of business. Loving all the driving in the short clip you posted. Looking forward to a Tyson-Martin combination starting this week as well.
:thumbsup:

Nice work Spree.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222