New NYKFP Column: Witness the Rise to Mediocrity

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Witness the Rise to Mediocrity
By Isa Kaliq Moorman (Isa Soulstar)
October 30, 2010
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

"...witnesses to his masturbating to his own mirror image..."

Hilarious.

And pretty much what The Decision represents, isn't it? LeBron James sitting on a bathroom toilet and holding a magazine while every camera lense in America captures the self-absorbed basketball superstar making passionate love to himself.

Unfortunately, when all said and done, it was the fans who walked away feeling screwed and wondering what exactly did we see in LeBron in the first place. I've always felt that LeBron James should have stuck to simply playing basketball and leave the showmanship alone.

Enjoyed the read, Kaliq.
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

Thanks, Don.

What I gathered was LeBron couldn't have gone into "The Decision" without his marketting team well aware that a burlesque show like that would garner negative publicity...otherwise they weren't much of a marketting team. Actions suggest LeBron sought to shed the good boy image to make himself out to be a common NBA nemesis, but still a nemesis with respectability - ala Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens. It all resulted in him becoming the more hated sports figure than Tiger Woods. How unfortunate.

Sike.
dcapodic
Likes given: 0

[quote="Isa Soulstar"]Thanks, Don.

What I gathered was LeBron couldn't have gone into "The Decision" without his marketting team well aware that a burlesque show like that would garner negative publicity...otherwise they weren't much of a marketting team. Actions suggest LeBron sought to shed the good boy image to make himself out to be a common NBA nemesis, but still a nemesis with respectability - ala Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens. It all resulted in him becoming the more hated sports figure than Tiger Woods. How unfortunate.

Sike.[/quote]

If you don't mind me commenting:

[quote]What I gathered was LeBron couldn't have gone into "The Decision" without his marketting team well aware that a burlesque show like that would garner negative publicity...otherwise they weren't much of a marketting team. Actions suggest LeBron sought to shed the good boy image to make himself out to be a common NBA nemesis, but still a nemesis with respectability - ala Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens. It all resulted in him becoming the more hated sports figure than Tiger Woods. How unfortunate.[/quote]

This is probably the most plausible explanation I have heard to date about the whole Lebron debacle.