Ukraine: are we on the road to war?

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Are the US and Russia preparing for war?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 3
washingtonparkjones
Likes given: 0

None of your anecdotal tidbits remotely measure up against the GLARING REALITY that this is an eight party parliamentarian democracy with free elections v. an autocratic government that has an obvious motive for annexing Crimea. Look for all the anecdotes your want to suit your preconceived notion of their meaning - until you can respond to the glaring realities that contradict the importance you place on the anecdotes, you are nowhere.
qdman

I removed my other posts and last two posts to make this more concise, non-confrontational and answerable. I no-strings apologize for calling you ignorant and especially for saying you sided with nazis, it was an emotion driven falsehood, and I will not do that again. Here are the main points you have made and my responses:
1. This is brinksmanship.
It's brinksmanship to one side, but not the other. Russia is a country that has collapsed twice in the last century. Putin's job as the autocratc leader of Russia is to stop it from collapsing a third time. Last time Berlin was the epicenter of the cold war crisis, now it's potentially right on the Russian border. So Russia therefore sees this as an existential threat above all other concerns such as ports and even the petrodollar.
2. Ethnic Russians have not been excluded from the democracy.
Eastern Ukraine did not elect the president who now wants to send in troops and call anyone who resists a terrorist, it was Kiev.
3. This is a democracy
If you can't defy the leader or the cartel of leaders, it's not a democracy.

When the democratic body of Ukraine didn't sign the bill officially labeling the Donetsk and Lugansk governments as terrorist organizations, Poro literally accused half the Rada of being Russian assets.

A Ukranian MP tried to give a speech in opposition to the new govt. Dimitry Yarosk's Right Sektor ultranationalist thugs, Right Sektor, gave him cranial damage and a concussion.

PS it was 65 years ago that eastern Ukraine was novorussia, not 100, and they've only been out of satellite control for about 25 years. that's 25 years versus over 200 years.
Last edited by qdman on April 12th, 2015, 1:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
qdman

Schiff a clown? ooh that makes me mad!

so in response to that devastating little needle I wrote something like

schiff was warning people about the housing bubble while your boy was saying we NEEDED one to cover the tech bubble of 2001.