Do something America! Oh wait, China and Russia has nukes

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

What do Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran and Russia have in common? They have all been a victim of American aggression in one form or another – either a military attack or economic sanctions. Washington uses ethical pretexts, such as “protecting civilians” or “promoting democracy”, to act belligerently towards these nations, but due to its hypocritical nature of supporting dictators throughout the world and its disregard for human rights, this excuse is a fabrication.

The real reason for singling out these countries is the petrodollar system, a scheme that enables America to stay afloat despite being more than $17 trillion in debt. The existence of petrodollars is one of the pillars of America’s economic might, because it creates a significant external demand for the American currency, allowing the U.S. to accumulate enormous debts without defaulting.

The beginning of the petrodollar

What makes the dollar unique is the fact that since the early 1970s it has been, with a few notable exceptions, the only currency used to buy and sell oil on the global market. This began when in 1973 the Richard Nixon administration began negotiations with the government of Saudi Arabia to establish what came to be referred to as the petrodollar recycling system. Under the arrangement, the Saudis would only sell their oil in U.S. dollars, and would invest the majority of their excess oil profits into U.S. banks and Capital markets. The IMF would then use this money to facilitate loans to oil importers who were having difficulties covering the increase in oil prices. The payments and interest on these loans would of course be denominated in U.S. dollars.

This agreement was formalised in the “The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation” put together by Nixon’s Secretary of State Henry Kissinger in 1974. The system was expanded to include the rest of OPEC by 1975. This was a major economic success for the U.S. As long as the world needs oil, and as long as oil is only sold in U.S. dollars, there will be a demand for dollars, and that demand is what gives the dollar its value.
How victims of American invasion wanted to stop trading in dollars

This petrodollar system stood unchallenged until September of 2000 when former Iraqi Persistent Saddam Hussein announced his decision to switch Iraq’s oil sales off of the dollar to Euros. This was a direct attack on the dollar. To protect the supremacy of the dollar, the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003. Once Iraqi oil fields were under U.S. control after the invasion, oil sales were immediately switched back to the dollar.

In February of 2009, former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was named Chairman of the African Union. He immediately proposed the formation of a unified state with a single currency. It was the nature of that proposed currency that got him killed.

In March of 2009 the African Union released a document entitled “Towards a Single African Currency”. Pages 106 and 107 of that document specifically discuss the benefits and technicalities of running the African Central bank under a gold standard. On page 94 it explicitly states that the key to the success of the African Monetary Union would be the “eventual linking of a single African currency to the most monetary of all commodities – gold.” In 2011 the CIA moved into Libya and began backing militant groups in their campaign to topple Gaddafi and the U.S. and NATO pushed through and stretched a U.N. no-fly zone resolution to tip the balance with airstrikes. The presence of Al-Qaeda extremists among these rebel fighters was swept under the rug.

In February of 2014, Russia became the new target for the U.S. Russia is the world’s second largest oil exporter, and not only have they been a thorn in Washington’s side diplomatically, but they also opened an energy bourse in 2008, with sales denominated in Russian currency (roubles) and gold. This project had been in the works since 2006. They have also been working with China to pull off of the dollar in all of their bilateral trade. Russia has also been in the process of organizing a Eurasian Economic Union which includes plans to adopt common currency unit, and which is scheduled to have its own independent energy market.

Leading up to the crisis in Ukraine had been presented with a choice: either join the E.U. under an association agreement or join the Eurasian Union. The E.U. insisted that this was an either or proposition. Ukraine couldn’t join both. Russia on the other hand, asserted that joining both posed no issue. President Yanukovich decided to go with Russia. In response the U.S. national security apparatus did what it does best: they toppled Yanukovich and installed a puppet government.

Having a puppet in place however hasn’t turned out to be enough to give Washington the upper hand in this crisis. They therfore decided to impose sanctions and demonize Russia in hope that Moscow would lose its international friends. However Russia is not Iraq or Libya. It is a dominant power an going up against was unlikely to work out in America’s favour. In fact it has already backfired. The sanctions have merely pushed Russia and China into closer cooperation and accelerated Russia’s de-dollarization agenda. And in spite of the rhetoric, this has not led to Russia being isolated.

End of petrodollar would bring an end to the U.S. hegemony

The petrodollar is the only life support machine left for the U.S. and this is precisely why Washington goes after any country that tries to destroy it. This is not deterring Russia and China from going ahead with their plans. Russian First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov announced after talks in Beijing recently that Russia and China are currently discussing the creation of a system of inter-bank transactions, which would be an analogue to the international system of bank transfers – SWIFT. The Russian authorities intended to reduce the dependence of the financial market on SWIFT after the first wave of US sanctions, when international payment systems Visa and MasterCard refused to work with a number of Russian banks. According to Shuvalov, Russia also discussed the creation of an independent rating agency with China. Specific proposals are to be made by the end of 2014.

All this indicates that the Eurasian Economic Union will gradually abandon the dollar. As soon as Russia and China show that it is really possible to abandon the dollar, especially given the fact that the United States is pushing for this, other countries will follow their example. This could become the beginning of an end of the American global dominance.

Alexander Clackson is the founder of Global Political Insight, a political media and research organisation. He has a Master’s degree in International Relations. Alexander works as a political consultant and frequently contributes to think-tanks and media outlets.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-real-r ... ar/5402592
And there you have it - the REASON why OUR government faked 9/11 and overthrew Saddam Hussein. But I don't want to discuss that. I am about to pose a more grave question.

Is America bold enough to nuke-attack Russia?
#TeamTank
shakespeare

You mean to tell me I can't get not one forum member to discuss the expected collapse of the petrodollar and what that means to the economy of the United States and rumored war?
#TeamTank
qdman

lol MY MAN checking out the petrodollar! When did this happen? And no, no one else will be talking about it w you, not on the board not in the country, I've talked people up about this forever and sadly they won't have it.
But it's crucial. this is how we print money without huge inflation, and btw it takes food out of the mouths of third world people for every buck we print. I hope won't first strike Russia, but we will escalate, because our reserve currenct allows us to do whatever we want and we need to protect it and our power. It's crazy how we've actually united the two natural predators besides us with our currency abuse and we call China currency manipulators! Ton of bankster propaganda in Switzerland right now for the Swiss Gold referendum on the 30th! If they vote yes it's HUGE (the banksters will probably get their way though)! Netherlands just semi-secretly repatriated 100+ tons of gold, Germany's been trying to get their 300 back for 5 years and we're like "it's not safe" "you may have 5 tons here you go" various lines of bs. I have too much to say imo it's going to be one of the most significant things america ever does and no one recognizes it's importance right now. Crazy!

a few topics

The petrodollar has strong implications on our aggression in Syria. The Russians were building a pipeline through Syria that would've given them control of the western European energy market (yeah, that'll disrupt the PD) , then suddenly there was a chemical weapons attack which a MIT prof and a former UN weapons inspector published a paper saying came from a missile with a range of 2k, out of Assad territory, and a Pulitzer journalist's report that the attack was done by al-nusra a rebel faction trained by the CIA was buried. Most people still just eat up the govt story that this was Assad, because that's all that the MSM talks about.

The russians just showed satellite photos of Ukranian jets taking down MH-17 at the recent G20 meeting. This Ukrainian PM is sounding like a Hitler mini IMO if there is "peace" he will start killing these Russian ukranians by the way he's been talking. and these so-called leaders are all going after putin because thats what their master commands.

Did you notice Obama threatening the Chinese over those islands? I'd think this was funny if only I wasn't in the group that has to pay for this stupid shit...facepalm
KnicksFanInSouthFL

qdman wrote:lol MY MAN checking out the petrodollar! When did this happen? And no, no one else will be talking about it w you, not on the board not in the country, I've talked people up about this forever and sadly they won't have it...

The arrogance of this guy...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
shakespeare

qdman wrote: I hope won't first strike Russia, but we will escalate
I don't know how America will deal when the Petrodollar collapses. I don't want to believe it will collapse (cause I live in America), but I just don't see how it can be avoided unless our government fakes another 9/11 and blames/invades Iran and/or Syria as a result and scares surrounding country shitless. But Iran is backed up by Putin, so that would be just like invading Russia and possibly China. It just doesn't seem possible (unless America wants nuclear war or nukes a country so quickly and severely that they can't retaliate).

I will say this: America had the game on lock via printing money out of thin air. Lol. The Federal Reserve (the root of all evil) has no conscience!

The Petrodollar War Machine:
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:You mean to tell me I can't get not one forum member to discuss the expected collapse of the petrodollar and what that means to the economy of the United States and rumored war?

Politics :sleep: :sleep:
BXGuy
Likes given: 8

I really laugh at those who still believe theres an "America" defending us from the evils of the world.
The artist formally known as prguy.
washingtonparkjones

You all know this is loony stuff right? You all don't seriously believe we invaded Iraq over a currency exchange.....

The basic premise is nonsense. Dollars currently allocated to one commodity don't lose value when converted, and currency value is a factor of GDP not "demand". If the theory were valid, still would be a cause for concern domestically - devalued currency would help balance import/exports which helps revive working class jobs.

q's been waiting on Godot for years already on this board alone. The pitch about the evil fed and the imminent collapse of the dollar has been going on for 60+ years. Its boring already.
shakespeare

washingtonparkjones wrote:You all don't seriously believe we invaded Iraq over a currency exchange.....
Nooooo. Of course not. I believe we invaded Iraq because Saddam was responsible for 9/11 (oh wait that was Osama the terrorist trained by America) and we declared war on terrorism. Yeah, that's it. Saddam had weapons of mass destruction (oh wait he hid members of a terrorist organization), although none of the previous years of inspectors/inspections ever turned up any weapons of mass destruction (he had them because America said he had them). OF COURSE we invaded Iraq over a currency exchange. Lol. It's no longer a secret. What was the FIRST thing America did once it gained control of the oil fields? We didn't find the WMDS, so while we're in the neighborhood killing innocent people, we might as well switch it back to where oil could only be purchased in American currency. Then, if that wasn't enough, the POTUS had the audacity to get on television after 1/2 a million Iraqi children had died as a result of a political agenda that ALSO killed innocent people in the towers and joke about how he "thought" Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It doesn't get any more evil than this:

WPJ, I know you're very intelligent and I definitely respect your opinions on political matters, but you can't possibly believe September 11, 2001 was carried out by "terrorists." Are you kidding me? I've sat on two panels regarding the subject and evidence that this act was carried out by the government is overwhelming. What made you think terrorists flew planes into the buildings? Cause they found one of the hijacker's passport? Lol.
Last edited by shakespeare on December 2nd, 2014, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

washingtonparkjones wrote:
The basic premise is nonsense. Dollars currently allocated to one commodity don't lose value when converted, and currency value is a factor of GDP not "demand". If the theory were valid, still would be a cause for concern domestically - devalued currency would help balance import/exports which helps revive working class jobs.

It means that America could no longer get the oil free from Iraq. Basically.
#TeamTank
washingtonparkjones

shakespeare wrote:It means that America could no longer get the oil free from Iraq. Basically.
No. Not remotely.

Regardless of whether the oil industry trades in dollars as a standard, (a) we can print dollars, and (b) you can buy oil with dollars. Its not like having a Discover card, lol.
washingtonparkjones

shakespeare wrote:WPJ, I know you're very intelligent and I definitely respect your opinions on political matters, but you can't possibly believe September 11, 2001 was carried out by "terrorists." Are you kidding me? I've sat on two panels regarding the subject and evidence that this act was carried out by the government is overwhelming. What made you think terrorists flew planes into the buildings? Cause they found one of the hijacker's passport? Lol.
What the hell is so complex about hijacking some planes and flying them into buildings that "terrorists" couldn't pull it off? You telling me there were no terrorist that would have liked to have done it? I'm pretty sure your not going so far as to say that no middle east arabs wanted a 9-11 type event, right? We all saw the celebrations. If they were not large contingencies of arabs happy about it, they sure as hell did a good job faking it. You know they had the motive. The means was pretty accessible. So, wtf are we talking about? Where the hell does "are you kidding me come" from? That's not a normal response to an obvious answer; its a response to a wacky theory - as in - are you kidding me with this wild conspiracy crap?

The 9-11 was an inside job crap has been soooooooooooooooo debunked its sad. No credible news outlet has ever endorsed this nonsense. None.

The fact that you think a conspiracy of that breadth could be pulled off with no conspirators coming forward is mind boggling to me. It would have involved hundreds of conspirators, but not one, not a fucking single one, has come forward on the crime of the century. Please don't tell yourself you are being rational here.
washingtonparkjones

shakespeare wrote:I believe we invaded Iraq because Saddam was responsible for 9/11 (oh wait that was Osama the terrorist trained by America) and we declared war on terrorism. Yeah, that's it. Saddam had weapons of mass destruction (oh wait he hid members of a terrorist organization), although none of the previous years of inspectors/inspections ever turned up any weapons of mass destruction (he had them because America said he had them).
At least have the decency of not using this straw man BS. I sure as hell din't say these were the motives.

If it wasn't 9-11 & WMDs it had to be over currency? Like those are the only options?

There's dozens of other motives. Many of them are shady. You can come up with all sorts of illicit motives that are far more rational and likely than "petro dollars" if you want to cast Bush/Cheney as evil. For instance:

Cheney/Rumsfield had a personal grudge against Saddam going back to Regan and Bush I
Halliburton stood to get rich
A popular war is good for the polls
The admin wanted to distract attention from the intelligence failures that lead to 9-11

I could go on for a long ass time before getting to the dumbest least credible answers like "WMDs" and "Saddam supported terrorists", which you offer up as the only possible alternative to petro dollars. Give me a break.
shakespeare

I never believed 9/11 was committed by terrorists, so I'm definitely not going back and forth on theories. I knew it was about oil, and money, but didn't understand the extent of "about oil and money" until last year. It's just not me saying this, either. Firefighters and former military personnel state the exact same things. Those are the government stories, so I'm merely mocking those lies...

Nothing personal, WPJ.

The government offered WMDs and terrorists, not I, I only repeated their story.

It's good to know that you don't believe the government, though. Cause I had worried for a minute.
Last edited by shakespeare on December 2nd, 2014, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

washingtonparkjones wrote: You can come up with all sorts of illicit motives that are far more rational and likely than "petro dollars"
There are no other reasons as to why Iraq was invaded (nor why Gaddafi was killed), outside of America no longer being able to get the oil for free from Iraq. That's the bottom line. The other stuff you mentioned: subplots. And you say the above quote as if the petro dollar system isn't of GREAT significance for America. But you know differently, cause you're smarter than that. There's even a video of Bush saying, "This war is about oil, err, terrorism."

To think of the people I personally knew who died violently in the towers that day, man, that shit boils my blood.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

What the hell is so complex about hijacking some planes and flying them into buildings that "terrorists" couldn't pull it off? Nothing, unless you consider the FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS saying they couldn't even fly a small plane, let alone a Boeing. Or, unless you consider that no pilot in the world agrees that beginners could perform the necessary maneuvers. Or, unless you consider how the airlines stated that the cockpit doors of the planes had NOT been opened. Are you listening? The cockpit doors had NOT been opened. on the hijacked planes. How can a hijacker hijack a plane without going into the cockpit. Lol. Or, unless you consider the released tapes via the government of the phone calls from the plane were reported to be impossible by the PHONE COMPANY itself as cell phone technology (at the time) wasn't possible to make those calls from that altitude. Or, unless you consider there is no footage of hijackers boarding those planes. I'll say it again: THERE IS NO FOOTAGE OF THE SUPPOSED HIJACKERS BOARDING THE PLANES. The government released what was later to be determined as Arab men boarding a plane a week earlier on the West Coast. Lol. Or, the government won't release the footage of what actually hit the Pentagon. You don't think they could've shown better footage? A Pentagon employee who saw the plane headed to the building stated that it was not an AIRLINER. The Pentagon has hundreds of cameras that venture MILES away (show the world what REALLY hit the Pentagon and 9/11 is IMMEDIATELY proved to be a lie). So of course they won't show what hit the Pentagon. Ahhh. This is what you believe: planes hit the towers and the fuel brought down the towers, yet the same plane hit the Pentagon and windows where the wings would've crashed into the building weren't even broken. Lol. Or, unless you consider the portion of the Pentagon that was hit (by the drone) was the target of trillions of missing dollars that were in question the day before 9/11. Or, unless you consider the hijackers whom the government investigated and named as hijackers (even the faux passport) were ALIVE in Saudi Arabia. Or, unless you consider the fact that America flew Bin Laden's family to Saudi Arabia after 9/11. The same Bin Laden family that said Osama died in 2003. Lol. Nothing, unless you took a look at the other areas where planes crashed and noticed something missing like, actual Boeing plane wreckage. Or unless you consider building 7 fell the exact same manner as the other towers w/o being struck by a plane or that the man who owned those buildings publicly stated that he made the decision to "pull" building 7. Oh wait, so the buildings were already loaded with explosives? RIGHT.

You telling me there were no terrorist that would have liked to have done it? I'm pretty sure your not going so far as to say that no middle east arabs wanted a 9-11 type event, right? I'm pretty sure every one on these board would love to strike the lottery, but it's not the same as actually striking the lottery.

No one hijacked those planes and crashed them into buildings. Arabs didn't tell NORAD to stand down. The government did. Arabs weren't flying supposedly faux missions regarding flying planes into the towers on that very day. The government did. Arabs didn't load the buildings with thermite explosives, beforehand. Thermite, which is only made by OUR military industry. The government did. Arabs didn't promote personnel in charge of protecting this country in what would've been the biggest breach of trust in history after the towers fell. The government did. Arabs didn't joke about WMDs. The government did.

We all saw the celebrations. If they were not large contingencies of arabs happy about it, they sure as hell did a good job faking it. You know they had the motive. The means was pretty accessible. So, wtf are we talking about? WPJ, you're scaring me. There's nothing "pretty accessible" about hijacking planes and flying them into the towers because America has aerospace defense command systems that will prevent as much UNLESS a higher government official ordered NORAD to stand down. You act like anyone can hop aboard a plane and crash them into buildings. Lol. Man, NORAD would be flying besides you within minutes of the hijacking IF there was an actual hijacking.

Where the hell does "are you kidding me come" from? That's not a normal response to an obvious answer; its a response to a wacky theory - as in - are you kidding me with this wild conspiracy crap? The only conspiracy is what the government told us as citizens. That's the only conspiracy, here. That's the only wacky theory. Firefighters in the towers that day and people in the towers that day stated that BOMBS were going off BEFORE the first plane hit. I'll say it again: people in the towers stated that bombs were exploding BEFORE the first plane hit the buildings. THEY were INSIDE of the buildings.

The 9-11 was an inside job crap has been soooooooooooooooo debunked its sad. No credible news outlet has ever endorsed this nonsense. None. I might as well end this discussion, right here. Cause if you are still depending on news outlet to provide the truth, then it's useless.

The fact that you think a conspiracy of that breadth could be pulled off with no conspirators coming forward is mind boggling to me. It would have involved hundreds of conspirators, but not one, not a fucking single one, has come forward on the crime of the century. Please don't tell yourself you are being rational here. Yet, you are asking me to believe that 19 men in caves pulled this off. Lol. But I'm the one not being rational. Smh. Listening to those who believe the government's story is the real crime, here. Cause it shows HOW the government was able to pull this off. They knew the majority of us don't think. You - a smart and intelligent man - cannot be content with knowing that our country invaded another country over a straight up lie.

It's not the first time the government pulled off something like this and it won't be the last. Pearl Harbor was a lie that eventually was proven to be a lie. We went into Vietnam on lies, then turned around and nuked Japan cause we were losing the war. We are the ONLY country that has used nuclear bombs. US. Think about that for a second. I know you'd like to believe your government is about the values it suggests in the Constitution, but this is 2014.
Last edited by shakespeare on December 2nd, 2014, 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

No. Not remotely.

Regardless of whether the oil industry trades in dollars as a standard, (a) we can print dollars, and (b) you can buy oil with dollars. Its not like having a Discover card, lol.
Huh???

We (or, the federal reserve which owns the government) cannot print Euro dollars.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

9/11 Firefighters Reveal Bombs Destroyed WTC lobby:

9/11 - firemen , police saying there are bomb's in the buildings:
Wacky people claiming bombs were in the building.
#TeamTank
qdman

lol using that godot thing again huh?

Tell me this WPJ, because I don't see the kookyness, what in this world more represents power than the ability to create money? Only one country really can do that. Anyone can print, it's another animal to print and offload your inflation to the rest of the world economy.. could get real philo and compare to having a military, but I'm skipping to the end, IMO printing money is a better advantage than having a huge powerful military. with a "sustainable" print job you can buy guns and thugs to do what you need done, and then you can buy "happiness" of your people, make them wear golden handcuffs as patrice o'neal used to say, and that's a seriously effective control mechanism. Unlike the army hammer, the print hammer is perfect for any job cause it's versitile.

And by controlling the oil market we can make people disproportionately use the extra dollars and keep them in circulation and from piling up like they should, basically funneling others' purchasing power into our dollar to make up the inflation. That's the only "crown" we have in this world that actually means anything, it's very much like a royal seal that signifies domination over the world. Very simple, like if I gorge on food you pay for it, and you get my heart disease.

Anyway the fact that the dollar is unstable due to there being a fucking huge number of them is not really the discussion. China and Russia want that crown, and they're doing lots of tricky shit to get it, and american forces are doing the same to protect it.

Park, I don't believe you are naive enough to suggest that there is a single country that doesn't protect their potential and tangible interests in equal measure to what they think it's worth. As for why you don't think it's important, I have no clue. Seems like anyone who could make their currency be used by everyone who uses oil would have the world on their finger til someone took it from them.

I don't know if they caused 9/11, I doubt it actually, but I know they're important, even though it's not in the NYT. And they don't need sarcastic "quotation marks" either. Perodollar's been here since the seventies after we replaced that stupid gold thing which never worked.
What the hell is so complex about hijacking some planes and flying them into buildings that "terrorists" couldn't pull it off?
A lot actually. There's veteran pilots who said what those planes did would be very very difficult for a pilot, the way they turned and leveled out perfectly and were aimed. Apparently flying a plane into a building can be harder than it looks. Another thing that's known is the terrorists in question who were put through flight school sucked ass at flying.
Last edited by qdman on December 3rd, 2014, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
shakespeare

qdman wrote: printing money is a better advantage than having a huge powerful military.
To extend on your statement, it appears as if our military force is the only deterrent from these oil-rich countries collapsing the petrodollar. The threat of our forces bombing their country is real, it appears. I believe it plays a major factor in the sense that every government in the world can see the pink elephant in the room regarding the petrodollar scam. So, with that said, it becomes a matter of the huge powerful military actually backing up the dollar and not gold?

These might be misunderstood as anti-American statements on my behalf, but hopefully it's not the case. I don't want to live anywhere in the world outside of America. It's just hard for me to overlook injustice. It actually bothers my soul.
#TeamTank