Daniel Tosh TORCHES ESPN For Plagiarizing His Segment

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

[youtube]jg-BzfmF_iY[/youtube]
Anyone who has seen the Comedy Central show Tosh.0 knows comedian Daniel Tosh isn't afraid to call people out. When he saw that ESPN had come up with a segment similar to one he does on his show, he took some time to address the matter.

For those who are unfamiliar, Tosh is known for giving people who have suffered epic embarrassments on video a chance to redeem themselves in a "Web Redemption."

Recently, ESPN's SportsCenter aired its new "Awesome Video Segment." It gave Mark Donnelly—an anthem singer who had tripped while skating around the ice during a performance—"another shot," which appears to be very similar to Tosh.0's "Web Redemption."

Tosh took notice. The comedian went off on ESPN in his own version of the network's Sport Science, which he called "Sport Science.0."
ESPN has responded to Tosh's accusation that the network stole his segment, per TMZ Sports:
This was more of an instance of us using a common phrase than it was copying his wording. ...

We know that doesn't sound like the strongest explanation yet it’s the truth. ...

We are looking forward to 'giving it another shot' in future installments of 'The Awesome Video Segment.'
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

biters.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
washingtonparkjones
Likes given: 0

Its like pissing off a rapper who is then going to write a song with 24 verses about yo'mama.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

That pie chart was amazing. And so TRUE.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222