Best. Show. EVER.

unequivocally the best.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Re: TV Shows discussion

Postby StevoStarks » December 22, 2014, 3:49 pm

knicksH20 wrote:I just binged on The WIRE seasons 1-5.

Best. Show. EVER.

unequivocally the best.

Excellent show. My personal favorite will always be Six Feet Under, but that's just because it talked to me. The Wire is one of the smartest, most realistic shows ever. I also gotta tip my hat to The Shield. Vic Mackey was a bad ass character. And Breaking Bad will always be in the conversation. And I'm not gonna forget about Rescue Me either. Such an amazing show.

What do all of these shows have in common? Amazing writing.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nbafreak724 » December 22, 2014, 5:09 pm

knicksH20 wrote:I just binged on The WIRE seasons 1-5.

Best. Show. EVER.

unequivocally the best.

:thumbsup: Amen.

I'm watching The Following on Netflix. Anybody else watch this? It's a cool concept and the first season was really really good but halfway through the 2nd season, its not as good...
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
nbafreak724

Postby StevoStarks » December 22, 2014, 5:34 pm

Not a huge fan of the Following, but the Pilot episode has one of the freakiest scenes. In fact, I watched most of season 1 and there was always one scary, cool scene in each episode.

In the Pilot episode, where the two girls go home laughing and talking and one walks into the bedroom and the other bathroom. They're talking and then one of them just stops answering. The other girl goes to inspect and obviously gets killed. Man that gave me the chills. If I was in that situation, I would have run as fast as hell out the front door and let someone else investigate.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby rebound » December 22, 2014, 8:45 pm

I've been watching Gotham. Pretty good.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby qdman » December 23, 2014, 2:55 pm

feb 8

qdman

Postby BXGuy » December 24, 2014, 12:44 am

rebound wrote:I've been watching Gotham. Pretty good.

yup its a dope show. We finally get to witness a more televised story of all the villains and side Batman characters past.
The artist formally known as prguy.
BXGuy

Postby StevoStarks » December 29, 2014, 2:45 pm

Homeland Season 4 was pretty effing good.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby MrMajik2 » December 29, 2014, 10:41 pm

Binging on SoA. Holy shit, this show is awesome. Up to season 3 episode 1.
"Today, we celebrate not just another win vs a rival, but the end of their sadistic rule over our hopes and dreams. There is nothing left to fear. The New York Knicks are just better." - H20Knicks
MrMajik2

Postby DolanCurse2001 » December 30, 2014, 12:27 pm

MrMajik2 wrote:Binging on SoA. Holy shit, this show is awesome. Up to season 3 episode 1.

Keep watching! One of my all-time favs!
DolanCurse2001

Postby qdman » March 24, 2015, 1:47 pm

saul is a killer show, watch this shit. seriously the first season of saul is better than the last season of justified.
qdman

Postby qdman » March 27, 2015, 12:21 pm

also vikings is still great in season three
qdman

Postby noypi » June 19, 2015, 9:58 am

^^^Gotham is awesome. I'll check Sons of Anarchy, seems intersting enough now that I'd have to wait for season 6 of Game of Thrones.

Speaking of GOT, that was some finale! Who here thinks Snow will be revived by Melisandre or the whitewalker boss? Haven't read book 5 yet.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby thewatcher » June 23, 2015, 8:46 am

True Detective :clap: :clap: episode 1 brought it!!!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » September 4, 2019, 6:53 pm

Well its bumped so...

Mindhunter. I hope that's right. It's about the beginnings of the FBI starting to map serial killer behavior
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby n8 the gr8 » September 6, 2019, 2:42 pm

Anyone watching the new Dark Crystal series that went on netflix? Kind of neat.

I can't remember if qdaman's avatar is from Berserk or like an Eraserhead/Event Horizon type thing.
n8 the gr8

Postby nazrmohamed » September 6, 2019, 8:20 pm

n8 the gr8 wrote:Anyone watching the new Dark Crystal series that went on netflix? Kind of neat.

I can't remember if qdaman's avatar is from Berserk or like an Eraserhead/Event Horizon type thing.

So when I was a kid I saw the original Dark Chrystal and thought it was nuts back then. So it comes on Netflix revamped and I try getting my kids to watch it. They're like "Daddy its puppets". Simply no appreciation for the special effects of my childhood and actually theres obviously some modern technical skillsets being employed. So what happened? I sortve forced them to watch the first one with me, they quit and now I'm hooked. On episode 4 and its definitely still wierd but I just cant stop. It was a guilty pleasure. Glad I'm not alone
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby n8 the gr8 » September 11, 2019, 3:12 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:So when I was a kid I saw the original Dark Chrystal and thought it was nuts back then. So it comes on Netflix revamped and I try getting my kids to watch it. They're like "Daddy its puppets". Simply no appreciation for the special effects of my childhood and actually theres obviously some modern technical skillsets being employed. So what happened? I sortve forced them to watch the first one with me, they quit and now I'm hooked. On episode 4 and its definitely still wierd but I just cant stop. It was a guilty pleasure. Glad I'm not alone

lol I was just talking to my friend who was having the same experience. I suggested he try starting them with Muppet's Treasure Island (probably younger kids than yours) and they still hated it. Kids are all in on CGI these days. :drunk:
I'm just on episode 3 right now but the puppets are great. Looks like some of the puppets are the same ones used in the original movie, but they might just be really good imitations.
n8 the gr8

Previous

Return to Off-Topic