Ultimateknicks.com

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

BRIGGS
Likes given: 0

Posted there for roughly 15+ years.
Thrown out simply because of ot Trump topics— nothing more nothing less.
If you don’t think a certain way of have separate mind sets you are alienated quickly.
That’s a big problem today— being able to disagree with complete civility. I was always civil
The owner of the site asked me not to post on the it for Trunp which I adhere to for a year. After the season ended one post came up and I si ply gave a small answer and was banned— yep first comment in an entire year. I read the site occasionally which has become grievously stale and boring. Loyalty with people means nada anymore I guess. Over the years I was actually contacted by two ny Knick players on the site who gave me props for different stuff — believe it or not. I helped make the site fun somewhat informed and lively. And for supporting D Trump whether anyone likes it or not— ultimately removed. Oh well life moves on!
reub

I can't stand that site any more. Ever since they banned you. I was threatened the same way.
Hey, if you don't want political discourse then stop all of it. It's still America, isn't it?
Briggs, I just posted on my big five in the next draft. What do you think?
BRIGGS

reub wrote:I can't stand that site any more. Ever since they banned you. I was threatened the same way.
Hey, if you don't want political discourse then stop all of it. It's still America, isn't it?
Briggs, I just posted on my big five in the next draft. What do you think?

The dishonest hyperbole regarding my character is insane.

Theres still a lot of cool dudes who post there--some gone. The juice of that site is done. Its boring--nothing even remotely fun to read.
shakespeare

Who are the 2 Knickerbocker players that contacted you?
#TeamTank
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

What the fuck is the internet?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
dcapodic

BRIGGS wrote:Posted there for roughly 15+ years.
Thrown out simply because of ot Trump topics— nothing more nothing less.
If you don’t think a certain way of have separate mind sets you are alienated quickly.
That’s a big problem today— being able to disagree with complete civility. I was always civil
The owner of the site asked me not to post on the it for Trunp which I adhere to for a year. After the season ended one post came up and I si ply gave a small answer and was banned— yep first comment in an entire year. I read the site occasionally which has become grievously stale and boring. Loyalty with people means nada anymore I guess. Over the years I was actually contacted by two ny Knick players on the site who gave me props for different stuff — believe it or not. I helped make the site fun somewhat informed and lively. And for supporting D Trump whether anyone likes it or not— ultimately removed. Oh well life moves on!
I missed this when it was first posted. Your experience kinda says it all, dosen't it?!? Don't agree with what someone says or believes, just shut them up by shutting them out. I could go on but it seems you already know and have experienced.

If you feel so inclined, go for it here. Discussions sometimes get anitmated but will not be stifled simply because Irv or any admin does not agree with you. In fact, you may find that you will want Irv to join in on the thread as he tends to bring a very informed and often differently insighful view on things.

As you can see by looking back at older threads, there was some good pre 2016 election discussions going on here but unfortunately, that all pretty much stopped after the election. In and of itself, that kinda says volumes but a new and fresh look into today's issues/challenges might actually be welcome. It would certianly by me if no one else :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

StevoStarks wrote:What the fuck is the internet?
Ok, I can tell you this about the internet....I have officially reached the "end of the internet" and gone back again and still I do not know. I somehow tink it has turned out a bit different than the Al Gore image of yesteryear. Well, that's if you even buy him as one of the pioneers.

Yea, I voted for him for POTUS. When he lost but won the general vote I was disappointed but moved on. In retrospect, I beleive it worked out for the better.

I wonder if anyone will ever say this about the 2016 POTUS election?!? Probably not, even if they felt that way it does not seem to be in the fabric of our society to do that sort of thing any more.

Oh, maybe that IS the internet.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
washingtonparkjones

BRIGGS wrote:That’s a big problem today— being able to disagree with complete civility. I was always civil
When you support the guy who threw civility out the window, this is basically a joke. You are reaping what your leader has sewed. The only proper response to a bully is FUCK YOU. If you're supporting the bully, could care less if you are personally civil. The response is the same.
dcapodic

washingtonparkjones wrote: When you support the guy who threw civility out the window, this is basically a joke. You are reaping what your leader has sewed. The only proper response to a bully is FUCK YOU. If you're supporting the bully, could care less if you are personally civil. The response is the same.
....and here is the perfect example of how to try and shut down all discussions or alternative thought, simply take the moral high ground, believe and portray that anything anyone that doesn't agree with you is simply not as "nice" or thoughtful" as you so anything they say can be disregarded out of hand'

Welcome to the "herd" wpj.

Also, just curious....can you post without swearing?!? It seems in some ways that you are a bit articulate yet you seem to have a penchant to prove you are not.

Don't get me wrong, I am not that "conservative" in my manner as to care much when someone swears but when it appears it is the only way someone attempts to get their points across, it does speak to a certain inability to explain ones self.
BRIGGS

When you support the guy who threw civility out the window, this is basically a joke. You are reaping what your leader has sewed. The only proper response to a bully is FUCK YOU. If you're supporting the bully, could care less if you are personally civil. The response is the same.
No I believed that Trump would help jobs the most— really the core basis of need. I’m not thrilled with his character but I like many common sense ideas. Taking a stance of you’re a xxxxxx if you follow him is simply narrow thought process. Civility will always rule- taking the stance of listening to others and agreeing to disagree is always the right path. Except a few blips abd bumps— he’s done a good job despite a daily assault. Jmho