Dame traded to the Bucks

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

bobhait
Likes given: 65

did not see this coming at all. at least Miami ate a bag of dicks there, but it feels like this move pretty much shuts the door on Giannis leaving Milwaukee

https://www.nba.com/news/damian-lillard ... bucks-2023
sky’s the limit
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 165

- Giannis is staying in MIL (would be so funny if he left for Miami now :D )
- I'm not sure MIL comes out as a better team. They lost their best two perimeter defenders in Jrue and Grayson. Lillard/Beasley is not a good backcourt. They lost in depth. In addition, Idk about the synergie between Giannis and Dame...
- Nurkic had value... I guess you cannot make the argument that any of our players (cough RJ cough cough) have no value. Someone, somewhere will pay a decent price.
- Phoenix is worst I'd say. Ayton is younger and probably better than Nurkic both in offense and defense (which is saying a lot about the Bosnian defense)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
bobhait
Likes given: 65

once you start with the point that they still have Giannis, Milwaukee is still no worse than a top team in the East. considering their main competition - Boston, Miami, Philly - all had/will have major roster changes going into this season as well, I don’t think the Bucks lost a leg on the competition. and, hey, a squad with Giannis, Dame, Brook Lopez and Khris Middleton make it to the Finals, they could fuck around and win the whole thing

like I said, I’m just glad Dame didn’t end up in Miami, cause they can choke on a bag of dicks
These users liked bobhait’s post:
Irv (October 1st, 2023, 12:50 am)
sky’s the limit
spree#8
Likes given: 548

Late to the party, but IMO they are clearly better than before. Dame and Giannis will be so lethal, Dame's range will help Giannis so much. Allen is irrelevant in the big scheme and they already have a more experienced replacement in Crowder.

They are old, but there will always be guys that want to play with these main guns, so they should be in good shape the next few years. This season they are now clearly ahead of the field in the East on paper with the Celtics. Probably top four with Denver and Phoenix for the championship.
#knickstape