2018 Free Agent thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2018 Free Agent thread

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 2, 2018, 8:49 pm

H20Knick wrote:Cotttttttttt damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was hoping he was going to end up a wizard.

but im glad to know that d'antoni and lebron are still fucked.

The entire NBA might as well cancel the nba
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby H20Knick » July 2, 2018, 8:56 pm

i cant believe this guy is taking 5.3 million dollars to win a title. this is hilarious. Then when he turns around and takes 30 per, everytime someone says "he's a cancer. he's not a winner" he can just flash a championship in their faces. His agent is brilliant.
In RJ we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby rebound » July 2, 2018, 9:05 pm

Does this improve the odds of Durant leaving next summer for the Knicks.
Surely winning starts to feel meaningless when it's done in such a fashion.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby H20Knick » July 2, 2018, 9:14 pm

rebound wrote:Does this improve the odds of Durant leaving next summer for the Knicks.

still probably feels better than losing. Plus, he's still the best player on the best team and the most-watched team. I don't think anyone is giving that up to go to the team that's lost the most games over the last 17 years. The Warriors still have room to do something special. Be the Celtics of the 60s. Win 10 titles and make your legacy about how everyone was willing to sacrifice to create arguably the greatest dynasty of all time. Enjoy being the team that made sure lebron never got to 4, that harden and westbrook never got 1. Someone likened it to the NWO. I don't see Klay/Steph/KD leaving that team. Boogie will probably leave to go make an insane amount of money somewhere else. He needs to show what an elite big can do on a run and gun team full of elite shooters.
In RJ we trust.

H20Knick

Postby nazrmohamed » July 2, 2018, 9:19 pm

......But Ron Baker
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » July 2, 2018, 10:26 pm

What a collassol pussy :sadno:

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Free agent DeMarcus Cousins has agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors, league sources tell Yahoo.
taowave

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 2, 2018, 10:28 pm

rebound wrote:Does this improve the odds of Durant leaving next summer for the Knicks.

Durant is weak minded

Why leave great weather and easy rides to rings. I think he will go to Lakers next
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 2, 2018, 10:28 pm

Joakim Noah contract though doesn't even half the talent cousins has
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby taowave » July 2, 2018, 10:35 pm

Nerlen Noel takes a 2 ylyear offer for 4.1 mil from the Thunder after turning down 70 mil fron the Mavs?

Ouch
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » July 2, 2018, 11:03 pm

What a fucking joke. NBA has a problem on their hands and I pray that viewership will plummet with this move. How in the fuck did this happen?

What a roster of fucking bitches. Guess I can still watch the Knicks team development in a vacuum and not really give a fuck what’s happening in the West. This actually angers me. These assholes stole the league.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » July 2, 2018, 11:17 pm

How is Demarcus Cousins worth only 5 million? Ron Baker is making 4.5 million this year in comparison.

Adam Silver????? Do something.
Koopa Troopa

Postby H20Knick » July 2, 2018, 11:48 pm

Didnt you all cry foul when melo wanted money over wins? Didnt you all call him a loser who ruined everything by not just coming in free agency. Youre going to get mad at a guy who got traded by the kings, who watched the pelicans sign Randle, and who is probably the most undervalued guy in the entire league go somewhere to win games? Where did you want him to go? Who was offering him a contract?
In RJ we trust.

H20Knick

Postby big_j_NY » July 2, 2018, 11:53 pm

H20Knick wrote:Didnt you all cry foul when melo wanted money over wins? Didnt you all call him a loser who ruined everything by not just coming in free agency. Youre going to get mad at a guy who got traded by the kings, who watched the pelicans sign Randle, and who is probably the most undervalued guy in the entire league go somewhere to win games? Where did you want him to go? Who was offering him a contract?

Funny coincidence............do people actually believe Lebron went to the Lakers for wins? That team didn't even make the playoffs to the point that they're now preparing to tear down their "core youth" in order to roll the carpet for "The King's" Arrival
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » July 3, 2018, 12:00 am

If demarcus went to play with lebron, you wouldve all loved it and he would've ended up like kevin love. A guy who easily did 25 and 12 until he joined lebron. Then he becomes overrated trash and lebron doesnt have any help.

Or he goes to the celtics (the other team he considered) and the Knicks are super fucked. Its a 1 year deal. The warriors can't afford to keep him. Its always the apocalypse to nba fans as if the rockets werent one game away. Who knows what kyrie and hayward will do next year. Who knos if boogie will even be the same player again. The lakers have too many fucking titles. I have no problem with golden state locking them down for the forseeable future.

We're the same fanbase that mortgaged our entire team to get superstars. Everyone's entire ambition is to draft talent that becomes all stars and then get superstars to come play with them. Thats exactly what the warriors did. If it were the Knicks youd all say it was karmic payback for 40 years of suck. It was only a few years ago that the warriors were a team with a notoriously rabid fanbase enduring a championship draught dating back to the mid 70s. Of course they are piling it on. Of course their fanbase is obnoxious. Do you understand how obnoxious all of us would be with this sort of overnight success? Let frank wake up being klay, let knox become durant, let kp turn into cousins, draft a steph, win 73 games, sweep whoever the goat flavor of the decade is, and see if i give 2 shits about other teams and the sake of parity after 40 plus years of this bullshit.
In RJ we trust.

H20Knick

Postby H20Knick » July 3, 2018, 12:03 am

big_j_NY wrote:Funny coincidence............do people actually believe Lebron went to the Lakers for wins? That team didn't even make the playoffs to the point that they're now preparing to tear down their "core youth" in order to roll the carpet for "The King's" Arrival

I think he assumed he could build a new super team in short order because thats what LA does. I dont think he thought there was a chance in hell they'd strike out on PG, Cousins, and Kawhi. No lakers fan ive talked to thought that could happen to them. They're the most entitled fanbase in all of sports
In RJ we trust.

H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » July 3, 2018, 12:15 am

H20Knick wrote:Didnt you all cry foul when melo wanted money over wins? Didnt you all call him a loser who ruined everything by not just coming in free agency. Youre going to get mad at a guy who got traded by the kings, who watched the pelicans sign Randle, and who is probably the most undervalued guy in the entire league go somewhere to win games? Where did you want him to go? Who was offering him a contract?

Anywhere but the Warriors. Literally any other team except for the most stacked team in the history of the NBA. I don’t care about Melo, I don’t care about louis gossett Jr., all I know isn’t one of the best centers in the NBA just joined the most lopsided team in the NBA and there’s not one single other team that can compete with them.

How could anybody that loved basketball in the 90’s be ok with this shit? The NBA has been hijacked.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » July 3, 2018, 12:19 am

StevoStarks wrote:Anywhere but the Warriors. Literally any other team except for the most stacked team in the history of the NBA. I don’t care about Melo, I don’t care about louis gossett Jr., all I know isn’t one of the best centers in the NBA just joined the most lopsided team in the NBA and there’s not one single other team that can compete with them.

How could anybody that loved basketball in the 90’s be ok with this shit? The NBA has been hijacked.

Stevo, the NBA has been hijacked the moment that a young Lebron uttered the words "I'm taking my talents to South Beach"................in the backyard of our NY Knickerbockers, whom were also free agent contenders for his services.

The free agents that the Warriors have acquired seem to be following the same trend as young Lebron did........except they're doing it with a franchise that actually GREW THEIR YOUNG DRAFT ACQUISTIONS. Unlike the Knicks that trades a future championship role player Trevor Ariza away for a washed-up Steve Francis, then also turns into a "poor-fit" Zach Randolph.
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » July 3, 2018, 12:43 am

I think this hurts the warriors ....let's see how tight Draymond will have that locker room

if I was cousins...I'd go to the wizards in a depleted east.

they'd win a ton and depending on the day no one would cover him. now.......this will be interesting
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » July 3, 2018, 1:14 am

I just don’t get it. And I’m so tired of watching the Warriors and their style of basketball head to the finals every season. And I’m tired of Lebron and his shtick as well.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I don’t really like the NBA anymore.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby gradyandrew » July 3, 2018, 1:34 am

Steve fucking Kerr! I'm not surprised at all. Evey year during the all star game Kerr and DMC looked happy as hell joking with each other. This is just a great day. These guys really want to nail the coffin shut on the greatest team of all time. Can we just pick them all as the all nba squad?
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA