2018 trades and rumors ( Sun's make trade with Nets)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Dwight Howard traded to the Nets)

Postby Mike1989 » June 21, 2018, 10:33 am

taowave wrote:Jordan makes Dolan look like Red Auerbach..

He is awful...

How do you move an expiring productive Howard for Mozgov,a bum with another year??

Does he think he's going to strike gold with 2 picks in the 40's???

Dam, what was Perry doing,unless he is on full tank mode

Some things to consider...

1. Dwight Howard was apparently hated in the Hornets locker room.

2. The Hornets new GM, Mitch Kupchak, was burned by Howard when he left the Lakers for the Rockets.

3. Mitch Kupchak signed Mozgov to that terrible deal while he was with the Lakers, so perhaps he sees something in Mozgov that everyone else doesn't see? Unless Mozgov has something on Mitch... :hmm:

4. This move puts the Hornets under the luxury tax, had they kept Howard they would have been paying the tax without other moves being made.

5. They are likely to head towards a full rebuild and will be in asset acquisition mode. Howard's value in today's NBA is limited considering the move away from traditional big men, so a couple of second rounders to take on a bad contract is not exactly bad business since they will be potentially tanking the next couple or so seasons and Mozgov won't hurt their chances.

Personally I think the Nets got the better end of this deal because they get to clear cap space for max contracts next year, but this could have a negative effect on Jarrett Allen. He was a first round pick for the Nets last year and showed promise as a rookie. He could find himself coming off the bench next season instead of starting now Howard is on their roster, and potentially his minute count isn't going to grow substantially unless they limit Howard.
Mike1989

Postby StevoStarks » June 21, 2018, 12:08 pm

Good point on Jarrett Allen. If I were the Nets I wouldn't want Howard anywhere near that kid. Howard is one of the sulkiest, bitchiest players I've ever seen come through the NBA.

I'd buy him out if I were NJ, I mean Brooklyn.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby H20Knick » June 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

https://hoopshype.com/storyline/dwight- ... ee-agency/

Chris Haynes: Dwight Howard and Brooklyn will negotiate a buyout to enter free-agency, league sources tell ESPN.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » June 21, 2018, 2:07 pm

Smart.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 22, 2018, 12:18 pm

dcapodic wrote:if they were to really stink it up next year and get the top pick (or close) it could be a quick turnaround....very quick.

Agreed, agreed wholeheartedly.

Knicks, too.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 22, 2018, 12:19 pm

Somewhere, Dwight Howard is assuring the closest person standing next to him that he’s gonna milk this game for all it’s worth, and I’m not mad at him.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Nononsense » June 22, 2018, 3:21 pm

shakespeare wrote:Somewhere, Dwight Howard is assuring the closest person standing next to him that he’s gonna milk this game for all it’s worth, and I’m not mad at him.

I'm not mad at him either, but I'm certainly disappointed in him.
Nononsense

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » June 26, 2018, 6:41 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers are trading guard Austin Rivers to the Washington Wizards for center Marcin Gortat, league sources tell ESPN.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby gradyandrew » June 27, 2018, 9:09 am

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:The Los Angeles Clippers are trading guard Austin Rivers to the Washington Wizards for center Marcin Gortat, league sources tell ESPN.

It seems like this is just a good old fashioned basketball trade where teams exchange players and it's not about the salary cap. It's kind of surprising that Gortat is the guy that Washington shipped out. I can only imagine the amount of times Washington tried to steer the Clips to Ian Mahimi.

It looks like the Clips are expecting Jordan to opt out and they won't sign a center with their cap space. It seems likely that he'll sign with Dallas taking one more team looking for a center off the market.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Austin Rivers traded for Gortat)

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers are in close discussions on deal to acquire Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler, league sources tell Yahoo.
For Denver, this moves Chandler's $12.8M expiring contract, clearing room to sign Will Barton to his extension. Denver likely sending a future second-round pick. https://t.co/OQzAwbUWj6
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby shakespeare » July 4, 2018, 5:25 am

Spurs are smoking crack.

According to NBA salary cap guru Larry Coon, the Spurs are still asking a king’s ransom for Leonard. Coon says San Antonio’s asking price of LA is Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, two first round picks, and two draft pick swaps. https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03/ru ... ssion=true

And Magic Johnson would be crazy to agree to this deal. Why would anyone in their right mind give away present and further assets for a player who’s leaving San Antonio, anyway?

Hilarious.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » July 4, 2018, 5:45 am

The Spurs aren't asking for Lonzo either?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2018, 7:53 pm

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan Stone to Bulls.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Charlotte, Orlando and Chicago complete 3 team deal)

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2018, 8:00 pm

Deal includes Bulls guard Jerian Grant to Magic, sources tell ESPN. https://t.co/vxbM1kXKZy
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Charlotte, Orlando and Chicago complete 3 team deal)

Postby StevoStarks » July 7, 2018, 11:40 pm

Solid move for Orlando to unload Biyombo. Sucks they never used him correctly in the offense or rotation. He deserves better.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 12, 2018, 11:14 pm

Brooklyn has traded Jeremy Lin to the Hawks, league sources tell ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 12, 2018, 11:14 pm

Denver has agreed to send Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a future second round pick to Nets for Isaiah Whitehead, league sources tell ESPN. Salary dump for Denver.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby StevoStarks » July 12, 2018, 11:20 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Denver has agreed to send Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a future second round pick to Nets for Isaiah Whitehead, league sources tell ESPN. Salary dump for Denver.

That’s a lot of action going to NJ and not much going the other way. Is that the full trade?
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Nets make trade to Hawks and Nuggets)

Postby taowave » July 13, 2018, 10:21 am

That's it Stevo.Salary dump for Denver.Nets get a top 12 protected first rounder.Smart move for the Nets.
taowave

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Nets make trade to Hawks and Nuggets)

Postby StevoStarks » July 13, 2018, 11:47 am

Jesus. A 1st round pick just to unload those guys? Arthur is actually a solid player as well. Doesn't Faried expire this season?

I guess all to resign Barton and sign Thomas. And I guess they're stacked at the 4 and 5 positions.

I have PTSD when I see anyone deal a 1st round pick.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA