2018 trades and rumors ( Sun's make trade with Nets)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

2018 trades and rumors ( Sun's make trade with Nets)

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 18, 2018, 6:24 pm

Karl-Anthony Towns, Wolves 'not in a good place internally,' could come up in trade discussions, per @ZachLowe_NBA, @WindhorstESPN https://t.co/5HkOgicOp7 https://t.co/Of3xvOnBjO
Last edited by Boston_PuppyDawg on July 20, 2018, 10:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: 2018 trades and rumors

Postby big_j_NY » May 18, 2018, 7:09 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Karl-Anthony Towns, Wolves 'not in a good place internally,' could come up in trade discussions, per @ZachLowe_NBA, @WindhorstESPN https://t.co/5HkOgicOp7 https://t.co/Of3xvOnBjO

#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » May 18, 2018, 7:19 pm

Hahahaha, Big J.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 18, 2018, 7:38 pm

Give them KP and uh Lance Thomas. Then send Towns to Latvia to meet with Fizdale since hes already on plane over there.
Koopa Troopa

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

From our interview with Suns GM Ryan McDonough at the Draft Combine: Phoenix “certainly open” to trading the No. 1 overall pick. https://t.co/jC9TyAKH6l
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

Lakers have told teams ‘no player is untouchable in trades,’ per @taniaganguli https://t.co/9UiDlJ6qpv https://t.co/OuMPPOwSGJ
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby nazrmohamed » May 18, 2018, 10:01 pm

Oh I didn't realize this was out already.

I'll delete mine.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » May 19, 2018, 5:03 am

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/gri ... -pick.html

The buzz at this week’s draft combine in Chicago suggests that the Grizzlies are a prime candidate to trade a high pick next month, according to Sean Deveney of The Sporting News. Deveney hears that the Grizzlies’ preference would be to move up to No. 1 or No. 2 to grab one of 2018’s top prospects, but a trade down is probably more likely.

“If you have someone you like in the first few picks, they’re the first call you’d make,” one general manager said of the Grizzlies, per Deveney. “They obviously were the most disappointed with the way the lottery went and the options they have now. It seems like they want to try to turn that pick into something else.

“Everyone’s going to talk before the draft, of course,” the GM continued. “But Memphis, I think they’re the ones who are going to be more ready to do something than others.”
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

I understand from Memphis point of view, we could go the Brooklyn route to get that 4th pick by acquiring Chandler Parsons and his horrible contract. I wouldn't give up the 9th pick though, I would just give up Kanter, Burke, and a 2nd round pick. Hey, it's Dolan's money, and a 4th and 9th pick would really get knicks fans excited, especially looking at the progress from Boston & Sixers young players.
Championship 16/17

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

I understand from Memphis point of view, we could go the Brooklyn route to get that 4th pick by acquiring Chandler Parsons and his horrible contract. I wouldn't give up the 9th pick though, I would just give up Kanter, Burke, and a 2nd round pick. Hey, it's Dolan's money, and a 4th and 9th pick would really get knicks fans excited, especially looking at the progress from Boston & Sixers young players.
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » May 20, 2018, 8:36 pm

Championship 16/17 wrote:I understand from Memphis point of view, we could go the Brooklyn route to get that 4th pick by acquiring Chandler Parsons and his horrible contract. I wouldn't give up the 9th pick though, I would just give up Kanter, Burke, and a 2nd round pick. Hey, it's Dolan's money, and a 4th and 9th pick would really get knicks fans excited, especially looking at the progress from Boston & Sixers young players.

Yeah, that ain't happening without the 9th pick and they probably ask for our 2nd rounder as well, which Id probably do.

And I'd take Bagley with the pick
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » June 20, 2018, 9:29 am

Sources: Charlotte traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, two second-rounders and cash considerations.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: 2018 trades and rumors (Dwight Howard traded to the Nets)

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » June 20, 2018, 9:36 am

So is Noah trabeable

Mozgov is useless and has three years left on his deal.MJ is so bad at his job

He is prolly get fleeced for kemba
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby taowave » June 20, 2018, 12:56 pm

Jordan makes Dolan look like Red Auerbach..

He is awful...

How do you move an expiring productive Howard for Mozgov,a bum with another year??

Does he think he's going to strike gold with 2 picks in the 40's???

Dam, what was Perry doing,unless he is on full tank mode
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » June 20, 2018, 1:06 pm

taowave wrote:Jordan makes Dolan look like Red Auerbach..

He is awful...

How do you move an expiring productive Howard for Mozgov,a bum with another year??

Does he think he's going to strike gold with 2 picks in the 40's???

Dam, what was Perry doing,unless he is on full tank mode

HAHAHAHA! That makes NO sense. And Mozgov's contract sucks. Mitch bringing back his bad deal to his new team?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » June 20, 2018, 1:26 pm

What on Earth is Charlotte thinking??

Far worse,if we are serious about the number 4 pick,why didn't we do that trade???

I hate to say it,but Moz is the one contract that makes Noah's deal look appetizing
taowave

Postby shakespeare » June 20, 2018, 3:04 pm

I read where Nets will have 2 max slots next season and all their 1st rounders after the ‘18 Draft.

Wow.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » June 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

taowave wrote:What on Earth is Charlotte thinking??

Far worse,if we are serious about the number 4 pick,why didn't we do that trade???

I hate to say it,but Moz is the one contract that makes Noah's deal look appetizing

All true but Howard is a total waste of potential. Hasnt worked on his game in ages and doesnt give off the vibe that he cares about winning.
Koopa Troopa

Postby gradyandrew » June 20, 2018, 10:50 pm

I think Koopa hit the mark. This trade was all about getting rid of Dwight. Same scenario as Atlanta where they were happy to take on a terrible contract just to get Dwight and his farts out of the locker room.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby dcapodic » June 21, 2018, 9:37 am

shakespeare wrote:I read where Nets will have 2 max slots next season and all their 1st rounders after the ‘18 Draft.

Wow.

Peeps luv to laugh at how bad the Nets are but that was a different regime. These guys are doing a lot of little, smart moves and have the team poised to make a big jump quickly. If the Knicks were to miss on this year's draft, we could see the Nets quickly become the next fast moving team in the east.

If that were to happen....imagine if the Nets were to build a winner before the Knicks after seemingly giving up every pick they have had for years.

I know they don't want to tank necessarily, but if they were to really stink it up next year and get the top pick (or close) it could be a quick turnaround....very quick.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Next

Return to NBA