Official ‘18 Playoffs Thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Official ‘18 Playoffs Thread

Postby StevoStarks » June 5, 2018, 12:51 am

Agreed. If that conversation didn’t happen, then that would be a major oversight.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 6, 2018, 2:22 pm

StevoStarks wrote:
It's the fucking Warriors. They're a video game team. So hard to beat.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 6, 2018, 2:26 pm

H20Knick wrote:Think Blatt would've done a better job?

No.

Spoelstra, perhaps.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 6, 2018, 11:41 pm

The Cavs are trash........if Lebron stays, it's because he wants to retire after next season, NOT go for a championship. Lebron don't wanna end his career like Kobe did
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 6:06 am

I been thinking about LeBron saying he wanted to play “off the ball” next season. To me, it sounds like he’s gonna retire. Some say the Lakers cause “ball” means Lonzo Ball, yet I can’t see him wanting to play with some players who are years away from their prime. No one believes he’s headed to Houston. Then, there are those who say he won’t leave Cavs again cause it would damage his legacy. I sorta agree.

So, I’m gonna say he retires. Reason being: Staying in Cleveland won’t do anything except add more losses to his Finals record, not like anyone can actually judge him by his Finals records, though.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 6:07 am

He owns 2 mansions in Cali, one he purchased recently in Brentwood, so that’s why some say the Lakers. When he left for Miami, he also purchased a home there shortly before announcing South Beach.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 6:08 am

big_j_NY wrote:The Cavs are trash........

Golden State has the NBA Finals on lock.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 7, 2018, 10:38 am

big_j_NY wrote:The Cavs are trash........if Lebron stays, it's because he wants to retire after next season, NOT go for a championship. Lebron don't wanna end his career like Kobe did

Lebron is aiming for GOAT. He ain't stopping before that. Plus, he seems to have easily a couple of good years left in the tank (more if he ends up in a team not entirely dependant on him scoring 40+). If Lebron stays it's because the Cavs have somehow convince him that they can build a team around him able to contest the Warriors because the main argument against him being the GOAT is his relatively low number of rings. If the Cavs FO fails to convince him they can turn garbage into gold, LbJ will take his talents where he can find a contending team with healthy management and preferably a big market
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby thewatcher » June 7, 2018, 11:17 am

Bron will move to the rockets imo. I stopped watching the finals after game 1.Psyched for the draft!!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby StevoStarks » June 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

I'm now coming around to the idea of Lebron going to the Rockets, and that is based solely on the fact I don't think the Rockets resign Paul. The Rockets got all they could out of Paul and he still went out when they needed him most. That is a narrative many Clipper fans have seen before. Too many risks at his age to sign him to the max.

So I'm with you Watch, Lebron to the Rockets.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 3:33 pm

Initially, I figured Rockets but how can Houston pay Harden, Paul and LeBron absolute max contracts AND give Capela the mini-max?
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 7, 2018, 3:35 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:Lebron is aiming for GOAT. He ain't stopping before that. Plus, he seems to have easily a couple of good years left in the tank (more if he ends up in a team not entirely dependant on him scoring 40+). If Lebron stays it's because the Cavs have somehow convince him that they can build a team around him able to contest the Warriors because the main argument against him being the GOAT is his relatively low number of rings. If the Cavs FO fails to convince him they can turn garbage into gold, LbJ will take his talents where he can find a contending team with healthy management and preferably a big market

I find that hard to believe, considering the Cavs have no expiring contracts THIS SEASON...........so Lebron will be back with the same SHIT ROSTER next season if he stays.

So essentially if Lebron stays in Cleveland, the man will have to waste another season of his career waiting for these worthless bums on the roster to expire (minus Love, who is actually decent, and minus JR, who is the biggest, overpaid BUM of them all).

BUMS

So I'm gonna go with the latter of your post, he's 100% FUCKING LEAVING if he cares about his winning legacy.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » June 7, 2018, 3:43 pm

shakespeare wrote:Initially, I figured Rockets but how can Houston pay Harden, Paul and LeBron absolute max contracts AND give Capela the mini-max?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that scenario involves the Rockets not signing Capela. I hear Phoenix is going to max him out and I'm sure won't be the only team looking for his services so the Rockets may not even want to go that far into their pockets to retain him.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Stevo, so you don’t think neither Chris Paul nor Capela are resigned?

Phoenix must plan on drafting Doncic with the top ping pong ball?
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » June 7, 2018, 3:59 pm

shakespeare wrote:Stevo, so you don’t think neither Chris Paul nor Capela are resigned?

Phoenix must plan on drafting Doncic with the top ping pong ball?

If I'm Houston, I don't resign Paul. Everywhere I've read it sounds like he's taking nothing less than the max and won't work with Houston.

And the Capela situation all hinges on Lebron. Personally, I'm not sure James and Harden are a good pair. But, I also was a little worried about Harden and Paul sharing the ball and we saw how that worked out.

Houston has some serious decisions to make if in fact Lebron is interested in coming over.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » June 8, 2018, 3:44 am

Fantastic game by Durant. Same dagger as last year. Curry's Finals MVP has to wait.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » June 8, 2018, 11:55 pm

Repeat after me everyone, and remember to inhale very deeply before you do.................

CLEVELAND IS TRRRRRAAAAAASSSSSSSHHHHHHHH
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » June 9, 2018, 12:40 am

Thank god that’s over. Now we can talk about the draft.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 9, 2018, 1:06 am

Anthony Slater
‏ @anthonyVslater

Cavaliers owe the Jordan Clarkson, George Hill combo a combined $31.5 million next season.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/stat ... 5793661952

How the fuck the Cavs gonna "retool" their roster for Lebron with that much guaranteed money on the salary cap next season?

No way 'Bron gonna stay in Cleveland expecting a championship after this.........#StickAForkInCleveland
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » June 9, 2018, 4:00 am

shakespeare wrote:Hopefully no one is entertaining thoughts of LeBron and The Role Players defeating Golden State in the Finals. There’s no way Cleveland is winning this series.

Golden State is the ‘18 NBA champions.

Most likely, Kevin Durant will be Finals MVP, yet again, and will be labeled as “the best player in the game,” “better than LeBron,” cause we all know it’s all about LeBron anyway, right? Or, Durant is blah, blah, blah.

The End.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA