Official ‘18 Playoffs Thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Raptors vs. Wizards
Cavaliers vs. Pacers
Celtics vs. Bucks
76ers vs. Heat

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Rockets vs. Timberwolves
Thunder vs. Jazz
Warriors vs. Spurs
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans
1) Wizards over Raptors: Toronto won all those regular season games to lose in the first round to a team that should’ve been in the EC Finals last season. John Wall — it’s time for you to step up and become a superstar.
2) Cavs over Pacers: Too much LeBron for Pacers to overcome.
3) Bucks over Celtics: Brad Stevens is a really good coach, but Milwaukee has Giannis and too much talent on the court to lose to the Uncle Drew-less Celtics. If Bucks lose this series, they might as well trade everyone not nicknamed Greek Freak.
4) 6ers over Heat: I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami shocked Philadelphia, but I’m picking 6ers to continue their winning ways, as of late.

5) Cavs over Wizards: I can see Wall and Beal playing out of their minds. I can also see LeBron playing out of his mind, which means too much LeBron for Wiz to overcome.
6) Bucks over 6ers: I wouldn’t be surprised if 6ers won this series, but I’m picking Milwaukee for no other reason than wanting to see Giannis vs LeBron.

7) Cavs over Bucks: Too much LeBron. Not enough Giannis.

1) Rockets over Timberwolves: I like Minnesota and believe they’ll be a force in the very near future. Unfortunately, we haven’t entered the future. Rockets will advance.
2) Jazz over Thunder: Upset special. Paul George and Carmelo Anthony have some decisions to make.
3) Warriors over Spurs: Too much talent for San Antonio to overcome.
4) Pelicans over Blazers: I expect Anthony Davis to carry his team over Blazers.

5) Rockets over Jazz: Rockets surge towards inevitable showdown with Warriors.
6) Warriors over Pelicans: Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins makes this an interesting matchup. Unfortunately, Cousins isn’t playing and Curry, Thompson, Durant and — well, you get the picture.

7) Warriors over Rockets: Rockets enter this series with home court advantage and the sense they can defeat Warriors. Unfortunately, there’s this thing called reality and — well, you get the picture. NOTE: This is the real NBA Finals, if asking.

8) Warriors over Cavs: Once again, reality.
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Raptors vs. Wizards
Cavaliers vs. Pacers
Celtics vs. Bucks
76ers vs. Heat

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Rockets vs. Timberwolves
Thunder vs. Jazz
Warriors vs. Spurs
1) Raptors over Wizards. Wiz won't have a chance.
2) Cavs over Pacers. Anything else would be a surprise.
3) Celtics over Bucks. Celtics are too well coached and found a diamond in the rough in Rozier, so Rozier, Brown, Tatum and Horford will be enough to beat the Bucks. Centered on their great defense.
4) Heat over 76ers. Coaching experience, tough defense will upset the unexperienced 76ers.

5) Celtics over Cavs. Unless the Cavs step up their defense, I think they will fail to make the finals, so why not call the upset early?
6) Raptors over Heat. Another rather easy series win for the Raps.

7) Raptors over Celtics. Injury problems finally catching up to the Celtics.
---------------------------

1) Rockets over Timberwolves. T'Wolves won't be able to slow down the Rockets.
2) Thunder over Jazz. It'll be a defensive dogfight, but OKC's star power will make the plays to advance.
3) Warriors over Spurs. Spurs will give them fits, but Warriors are too good.
4) Blazers over Pelicans. Lillard's brilliance continues.

5) Rockets over Thunder. It's the Rockets season!
6) Warriors over Blazers. Durant won't be stopped by the Blazers.

7) Warriors over Rockets. Rockets might win if Curry doesn't come back being himself, but I'm going with the safe bet here.
----------------------------
8) Warriors over Raptors. Western Conference champion will take the crown.
#knickstape
dcapodic

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Raptors vs. Wizards
Cavaliers vs. Pacers
Celtics vs. Bucks
76ers vs. Heat

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Rockets vs. Timberwolves
Thunder vs. Jazz
Warriors vs. Spurs
Ok, let's see:

Raps over Wiz - Wiz are a mess, lot's of ability, little teamwork or chemistry
Cavs over Pavers - nothing more needed here
Celtics over Bucks - Maybe the best first round matchup, certainly in the East. I can go either way here but for some reason feel
bad for the Celtics with the injuries they have had.
6'ers over Heat - The coming out party is starting. They found something when Embiid went down and they are just rolling.
Fultz picking up the speed and pace on the second squad. Don't see nerves effecting them, just too much
talent and momentum.

Rockets over Twolves - too much offense. Should be fun games to watch.
Thunder over Jazz - Will be another fun series to watch but Thunder may just have too much talent to get knocked off this
early by a young team but it would also not surprise me.
Warriors over Spurs - Wow, I REALLY want to pick the Spurs here. I think the Warriors are ripe to be taken and early. But, I
just don't think the Spurs have enough. Aldridge should do well but after him not sure where the points
are gonna come from.

Am on the run, will add in next round once I take a look at what the matchups will be :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

Markelle Fultz with too much sauce
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Didnt take the refs long to ruin a playoff game. Bucks Celtics was looking like a classic. That foul on Giannis was inconsistent with the call they made a few minutes prior. Give the guy the jump ball for his effort. NBA refs are the worst
taowave
Likes given: 817

That roster is stacked..Fultz is really good
shakespeare wrote:Markelle Fultz with too much sauce
taowave

Cleveland getting waxed at home..
They have a little over a quarter to keep home court advantage
dcapodic

taowave wrote:Cleveland getting waxed at home..
They have a little over a quarter to keep home court advantage
How did Orlando give up on Oladipo....
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Philly is going to the eastern conference finals. They’ve already won the first 2 rounds. Could Boston or Milwaukee stop them?

Could be Toronto and Philly in the ECF the way the Cavs looked today. But we’re all expecting LeDouche to turn it on and will the Cavs passed Indy.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Koopa Troopa

Oladipo just wasnt giving the effort in the last few years that he is this year. He got in incredible shape over the summer and hes become a much better player because of it.

I gotta say this Indy win was exciting. I went into the playoffs thinking Bron is gonna 'turn it on' and have a cake walk to the finals. Not looking that way at all. Teams are fighting. Nothing will be easy in the east.
StevoStarks wrote:Philly is going to the eastern conference finals. They’ve already won the first 2 rounds. Could Boston or Milwaukee stop them?

Could be Toronto and Philly in the ECF the way the Cavs looked today. But we’re all expecting LeDouche to turn it on and will the Cavs passed Indy.
Philly definitely has the easiest path. Celtics are missing too many pieces and Giannis doesnt have the proper squad around him. Win or lose the Bucks are gonna need to make some changes, and not dumb ones like they did with firing J Kidd.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Koopa Troopa wrote:Oladipo just wasnt giving the effort in the last few years that he is this year. He got in incredible shape over the summer and hes become a much better player because of it.

I gotta say this Indy win was exciting. I went into the playoffs thinking Bron is gonna 'turn it on' and have a cake walk to the finals. Not looking that way at all. Teams are fighting. Nothing will be easy in the east.
I think Oladipo being a true Indiana native plays a big role of why he became more focused this past summer after the Paul George trade happened (Oladipo was drafted out of the University of Indiana after all).

"Coming home" can do a lot of things mentally for a player, and in Victor's case, it mentally rejuvenated him to re-focus his work ethic and improve his body & game to finally play up to the potential that he was scouted for as a former #2 pick.
StevoStarks

And Oladipo was on a bad team and a victim of Skiles’ shitty rotations. Then he never got to do his thing playing with Westbrook. With his role clear in Indy, plus what you guys saying about him coming home, it became the perfect situation for him to succeed. Sometimes that’s all a player needs.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks

OKC looking like the Knicks right now.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
taowave

How so??
StevoStarks wrote:OKC looking like the Knicks right now.
taowave

What's the chances Mudiay gets into elite shape and gives himself a fighting chance??

Oladipo should be is workout buddy
shakespeare

Koopa Troopa wrote:Didnt take the refs long to ruin a playoff game. Bucks Celtics was looking like a classic. That foul on Giannis was inconsistent with the call they made a few minutes prior. Give the guy the jump ball for his effort. NBA refs are the worst
One of the worst calls, ever.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

taowave wrote:Cleveland getting waxed at home.
Cavs looked horrible in Game 1.

Even if they reach the Finals, which I believe they will, which means little cause a modern-day dynasty awaits them, LeBron should go elsewhere.
#TeamTank
taowave

It's early,but it looks like I was dead wrong on the Thomas to the Lakers trade.I thought Clarkson and Nance would supply the much needed athleticism..

Making matters worse is the Nets pick turned out to be number 8...

Can't see Bron sticking around if they don't get back to the finals
shakespeare wrote:
Cavs looked horrible in Game 1.

Even if they reach the Finals, which I believe they will, which means little cause a modern-day dynasty awaits them, LeBron should go elsewhere.
shakespeare

I think he should go to the Rockets.
#TeamTank
taowave

I think the Rockets lucked out not getting Melo..

That would be a very tough squad with Bron..not that they are a cakewalk now:)
shakespeare wrote:I think he should go to the Rockets.