Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby big_j_NY » June 5, 2018, 3:12 pm

I have a feeling if Lebron goes to Houston, he's accepting a paycut most definitely.

Lebron is at the point of his career where he can take less money if it means he can add on to his "title resume" for his legacy, so I don't see Capela getting sacrificed for Houston to fully acquire Lebron. If anything, Houston might talk BOTH Lebron & Capela into taking paycuts so that they can both be here alongside CP3 (who reportedly wants a max contract no matter what, despite being in the same point as LBJ in his career) and Harden.

Lebron understands the salary cap very well as well as "talent fit" for himself to win a title AND letting someone like Capela walk in order for him to join the team would "go against" what Lebron desires when joining a team that will win him another title.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby spree#8 » June 5, 2018, 3:21 pm

Cleveland should be able to do something against the Warriors next season and so should others. So, no thank you to LeBron bolting his team for a third time. Sign a five year extension and go to work as a franchise.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby shakespeare » June 5, 2018, 3:26 pm

Just found this article, good read, not too bad http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/06/05/lebron ... avs-lakers

The last scenario is probably the one I’d take and it makes perfect sense. After thinking about it, it does.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby spree#8 » June 5, 2018, 3:28 pm

I don't agree with Stephen A. Smith often, but I am tired too and agree with him here...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby shakespeare » June 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

big_j_NY wrote:
Lebron understands the salary cap very well as well as "talent fit" for himself to win a title AND letting someone like Capela walk in order for him to join the team would "go against" what Lebron desires when joining a team that will win him another title.

Agreed, but I had to put it out there. All championship teams need a dirty work player in the paint. And, even if Capela’s offense is built mostly upon the work of talented backcourt teammates [and probably even D’Antoni’s system], one cannot deny how his defense and rebounding have come a ways.

To me, both LeBron and Paul should pay cuts and allow someone like Capela get his money up.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 5, 2018, 8:21 pm

shakespeare wrote:Agreed, but I had to put it out there. All championship teams need a dirty work player in the paint. And, even if Capela’s offense is built mostly upon the work of talented backcourt teammates [and probably even D’Antoni’s system], one cannot deny how his defense and rebounding have come a ways.

To me, both LeBron and Paul should pay cuts and allow someone like Capela get his money up.

The only player preventing a Lebron to Houston scenario at this moment...........is CP3, not Capela

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-paul-rep ... 04725.html
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » June 6, 2018, 9:12 am

big_j_NY wrote:
The only player preventing a Lebron to Houston scenario at this moment...........is CP3, not Capela

:blink:

those numbers are wild!
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby shakespeare » June 6, 2018, 1:13 pm

This is a really, really good read on Dennis Rodman http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/06/06/dennis ... n-warriors

1) Rodman being a better rebounder than Wilt Chamberlain
2) Michael Jordan himself admitting “The Jordan Rules” were none other than him being guarded by Rodman
3) In 1990, Rodman averaged 18.7 rebounds, no one besides Rodman has come close to that number, that was 28 years ago
4) Brendan Suhr called Rodman the smartest player he ever had, Suhr had 13 players in HOF
5) By using a variety of statistical measures, Rodman was proven to be the greatest rebounder in NBA history
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 6, 2018, 1:17 pm

big_j_NY wrote:

That’s how much money per season Chris Paul is eligible to make for the next few years?

Wow.

I can’t see Rockets paying 3 different players in Harden, Paul and LeBron over $200 million these next few years. I could be wrong, though.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 7, 2018, 2:45 pm

The evidence supports the conclusion that Ms. Barbara Bottini, Mr. Colangelo's wife, established the Twitter accounts and posted content on those accounts https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/76er ... -accounts/

What in the world was she thinking?
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 7, 2018, 3:05 pm

shakespeare wrote:The evidence supports the conclusion that Ms. Barbara Bottini, Mr. Colangelo's wife, established the Twitter accounts and posted content on those accounts https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/76er ... -accounts/

What in the world was she thinking?

The tabloids are gonna be all over this..........."wife costs NBA executive his job"
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby taowave » June 7, 2018, 5:17 pm

He cost himself his job..Dude was a total dick..Bare minimum he was telling his wife confidential information,worst case scenario he was telling her what to say..He knew dam well what was going on,and he could never accept alot of Philly still loved Hinkie..
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » June 8, 2018, 2:25 pm

taowave wrote:He cost himself his job..Dude was a total dick..Bare minimum he was telling his wife confidential information,worst case scenario he was telling her what to say..He knew dam well what was going on,and he could never accept alot of Philly still loved Hinkie..

I'm reading more into this now after yesterday's initial report............Colangelo is totally a dick, he completely put his wife under the bus with his public statement over the whole situation (which was in the article that shakes posted up)

"Her actions were a seriously misguided effort to publicly defend and support me, and while I recognize how inappropriate these actions were, she acted independently and without my knowledge or consent. Further, the content she shared was filled with inaccuracies and conjectures which in no way represent my own views or opinions. While this was obviously a mistake, we are a family and we will work through this together. "

- Bryan Colangelo

C'mon Colangelo, she was caught............you should've let the rest of the investigation findings speak for itself. Having you chime in with your 30 cents of how "your wife fucked you over" just makes you look like a shit husband, which you probably are at this point.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby taowave » June 8, 2018, 8:03 pm

Did you see what his dad reportedly tried to pull on Philly ownership? Threatened the team with making sure no free agents would sign on if they released his son..

And this is the guy the NBA insertrd to right the ship??
taowave

Postby taowave » June 10, 2018, 10:06 am

Any opinions on what Kevin Love and the 8th pick could get Cleveland?
taowave

Postby dcapodic » June 12, 2018, 8:50 am

taowave wrote:Any opinions on what Kevin Love and the 8th pick could get Cleveland?

How about the latest rumor making the rounds....Lebron for Harden, straight up....

Houston gets Lebron, can pay Paul and keeps Capella....Cle gets a star back if Lebron says he is leaving.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby taowave » June 16, 2018, 8:49 pm

Dcap, no chance Houston would move Harden for Bron..
taowave

Postby Mike1989 » June 17, 2018, 10:36 am

taowave wrote:Dcap, no chance Houston would move Harden for Bron..

Ask yourself this, which starting line up has the better chance of beating the Warriors in a best of seven series?

Paul / Harden / Ariza / Tucker / Capela

Paul / Gordon / Ariza or Tucker / LeBron / Capela

We saw how the Rockets played when Paul went down. In game six they choked in the second half. In game seven they choked in the third quarter and left themselves too much to do in the fourth quarter. I don't think the Rockets would have choked if LeBron had to lead a team without Paul. Granted some might point towards how the Cavaliers performed in the finals but they should have won game one and after that LeBron's supporting cast looked like they were ready for their summer holidays.

Obviously the issue with this trading a 28 year old who will be starting a brand new four year extension next season for a 33 year old who will need a new contract. Chris Paul is also 33 years old. So they would be gambling on Paul and LeBron continuing to remain two of the best players in the league going into their mid-30s. Some would take that gamble because they view LeBron as the best player in the league, players better defense and is more clutch than James Harden who does have a tendency to not give 100% on defense and one could argue that has appeared to quit on his team before (e.g. game six against the Spurs in 16/17 and elimination game against the Warriors in 17/18). Obviously some would say keep Harden because he should still be productive when Paul is ready to hang them up, but that is a moot point because teams don't often look that far ahead.

I'd say the Rockets would be tempted to add LeBron, but if I was them I would be cheeky and ask for the 8th pick as well because Harden is younger and tied to a long term contract whereas LeBron is older and only got one year if he opts in. I doubt this deal happens and Harden will stay in Houston with LeBron either heading to Los Angeles or sticking it out with Cleveland.
Mike1989

Postby taowave » June 17, 2018, 11:56 am

Paul is somewhat injury prone,33 and I would find it very difficult trading a 28 y.o. Harden for a 33 y.o Bron,who I think is the best on the game...

I would rather lose Paul,add Bron and a Rondo..

I don't like paying max money to 2 33 y.o players..
taowave

Postby shakespeare » June 17, 2018, 12:18 pm

James Harden is the MVP of the league.

I’ve never seen a reigning most valuable player get traded.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA