Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

LeBron reportedly doesn’t like Houston as a city https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 40153.html
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Sixers looking to move into Top 5 to select player they’ve targeted https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/16/ru ... -in-draft/

Hmm.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Suns’ roster looking like a real NBA team again. In all probability, either Josh Jackson or Ayton or Mikal will bust. But if at least 1 becomes a star player, then along with Booker, tanking has Phoenix eating good.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Miles Bridges old tweets, pure comedy:
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

shakespeare wrote:Suns’ roster looking like a real NBA team again. In all probability, either Josh Jackson or Ayton or Mikal will bust. But if at least 1 becomes a star player, then along with Booker, tanking has Phoenix eating good.
Josh Jackson already isn't a bust. Started the season horrid but after all star break was solid for a rookie. He's still got ALOT of work to do but definitely looked worthy of his selection from February on. ......for a rookie I'm saying.

So I guess it's between Mikal and Ayton and I don't think you'll see any busts IMHO. Pheonix will be fun to watch. Sloppy for a couple years but they might be Philly west.
shakespeare

If everything is everything for Phoenix, as far as none of these players turning into busts, then agreed Suns will be looking like Philly West.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Fultz is wild. Meanwhile Frank is doing dribbling drills for 14 year olds, not doing them well.... and were getting excited :drunk:
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Koopa Troopa wrote:

Fultz is wild. Meanwhile Frank is doing dribbling drills for 14 year olds, not doing them well.... and were getting excited :drunk:
i didnt want to say it for fear of pitchforks..

but 14 year olds is being generous.

[youtube]iEXVUkw7RMc[/youtube]

[youtube]OuZor7FDmM4[/youtube]
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Koopa Troopa

Thats brutal :laugh:

Kids these days are so spoiled, theres almost no excuse for them to not have handles. I wish Youtube existed when I was a kid. I had all these bootleg dribbling drills that I mostly made up. I wonder how good I could have been with all these youtube pro drills available. Theres so much knowledge so easily available to consume nowadays.

Remember when we got the internet? Took a few years to even get video, and even then the only video we got were AND1 mixtapes and those didnt really help us much :laugh:
dcapodic

H20Knick wrote:
i didnt want to say it for fear of pitchforks..

but 14 year olds is being generous.

[youtube]iEXVUkw7RMc[/youtube]

[youtube]OuZor7FDmM4[/youtube]
Haha, I thought the same thing but didn't want to once again be the negative nellie in the room :) I looked at that vid of the drill that Frank was doing and thought, I would be embarrassed putting that out even now for myself and I am old :) I am really hoping that was just one of many things he is doing and for whatever reason they chose to put that one out.

This little one is awesome! Now THAT is handles!!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

Jayson Tatum is a problem
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

As a normal human being Im amazed at how these guys can shoot NBA threes so effortlessly. Making it look like a free throw. :o

Whats even crazier is how these guys are able to shoot it from even further out without any issue. Its understated how far the NBA three actually can be so when they go from even beyond its just insanity.
shakespeare

Agreed, I’m surprised at well Tatum can shoot the long ball, myself. I know he had that shot in his arsenal but didn’t know it was so effortless. And I also agree that a team filled with efficient gunners is a lethal combination for any defense, even top-notch defenders.

In 2018, the league is full of Reggie Millers.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Two things:

1) OKC is already at a luxury tax bill of $130 million and still need to add more players to the roster.
2) OKC can say $91 million if they get rid of Melo, remove him from the roster, whatever.

Bye, Melo.

That’s where Anthony fits into this. One way the Thunder can avoid this tax hit is by moving on from the 34-year-old, who is set to make $27,928,140 next season after opting into his contract. If the Thunder remove Anthony from the roster and replace him with a minimum player, they would save $91 million in taxes.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/01/will-t ... -tax-bill/
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Last but not least, he possesses a no-trade clause.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thunderous ... sider/amp/
Hilarious.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

If OKC uses the stretch waiver on Melo............he's going to be the next player to join the Los Angeles Lakers
shakespeare

Report: Jimmy Butler tiring of Karl-Anthony Towns, wants to play with Kyrie Irving https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03/re ... ie-irving/
#TeamTank
shakespeare

There hasn’t been any star big men in the NBA that have come back from a torn Achilles injury and played at their former level.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03/re ... njury/amp/
If the reports Pelicans offered Boogie $40 million for two seasons are true, and I believe so, then I’m not sure what Boogie was thinking. Maybe he was looking for one of those super-max deals?

The torn Achilles changed his NBA career trajectory.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Yeah, I get you wanna win but there were like 5 teams he could've won on. You start under selling your value and that'll stay your value. Players who are overpaid stay overpaid. Players whoop accept low salary don't have GMs lining up to make up for it next time.

In fact he's fucking up the m asked by now being the example for skilled big men. Thanks Cousins......said every other true C out there. We're basically valueless now.

Could help us though.
shakespeare

Gotta love Kevin Garnett. This is probably old or well-known at this point, but my first time reading it. Garnett to rookie center Joakim Noah:

#TeamTank