Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Who'll win ROY?

Ball
1
11%
Fultz
0
No votes
Smith
2
22%
Simmons
3
33%
Jackson
0
No votes
Fox
0
No votes
Tatum
3
33%
Ntilikina
0
No votes
other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 9

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby taowave » November 18, 2017, 1:50 pm

While I said it's Simmons and everyone else,Kyle Kuzma looks pretty dam good.. Top 5 talent picked at 27..
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 8:54 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby spree#8 » November 18, 2017, 3:18 pm

taowave wrote:While I said it's Simmons and everyone else,Kyle Kuzma looks pretty dam good.. Top 5 talent picked at 27..


Doubtful that he will be a top five player of this draft when all is said and done. Top five among being NBA ready rookies is a fitting description though. A big positive surprise.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby taowave » November 18, 2017, 4:57 pm

Spree,hes surprisingly good..Im impressed with Tatum as well. Didnt think he would be so good so fast.Guy is super efficient.

Of course Fultz hasnt showed what he has,but Kuzma is a player
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 8:54 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby dcapodic » November 19, 2017, 10:13 am

taowave wrote:Spree,hes surprisingly good..Im impressed with Tatum as well. Didnt think he would be so good so fast.Guy is super efficient.

Of course Fultz hasnt showed what he has,but Kuzma is a player


I don't think you can underestimate a fast start and good rookie season. Sports leagues move fast and you can go from a heralded prospect to a journeyman in an eye blink.

I also really like Kuzma and Tatum is exactly what the Celtics needed and hoped for.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
User avatar
dcapodic
 
Joined: February 4, 2007, 10:38 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » December 20, 2017, 11:31 pm

Kuzma 38 'vs rockets. Remeber older players are still good picks nba gms
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 10:25 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby shakespeare » December 28, 2017, 8:06 am

So, at this point, who's the front runner for ROY: Ben Simmons, still?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 1:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby nazrmohamed » December 28, 2017, 10:40 pm

I hate that 2nd yr rookie bullshit. You get hurt your first year that's your problem.
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 8:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby taowave » December 29, 2017, 12:54 pm

Kuzma is the real deal.....

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

spree#8 wrote:
Doubtful that he will be a top five player of this draft when all is said and done. Top five among being NBA ready rookies is a fitting description though. A big positive surprise.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 8:54 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby spree#8 » January 5, 2018, 12:04 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Doubtful that he will be a top five player of this draft when all is said and done. Top five among being NBA ready rookies is a fitting description though. A big positive surprise.
taowave wrote:Kuzma is the real deal.....

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby dcapodic » January 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

spree#8 wrote:Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.


Am I misunderstanding this?!? You, who preaches patience when judging young players (such as Fank N.), saying it may take years to judge are now ready to say this about these 3 players:

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

Can I borrow your crystal ball for the upcoming powerball numbers :)
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
User avatar
dcapodic
 
Joined: February 4, 2007, 10:38 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby spree#8 » January 8, 2018, 6:58 pm

spree#8 wrote:Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.

dcapodic wrote:Am I misunderstanding this?!? You, who preaches patience when judging young players (such as Fank N.), saying it may take years to judge are now ready to say this about these 3 players:

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

Can I borrow your crystal ball for the upcoming powerball numbers :)


Not sure. I am saying that we have to be patient to judge the rookies. That's why nobody should assume that Simmons, Kuzma and Mitchell will be the top three when all is said and done. So I am exactly saying what I always said. That's why I say "way too early". And at this stage I would still bet on the higher picks Tatum and Fultz for example to crack the top three.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby taowave » January 9, 2018, 12:21 pm

OK,MAYBE Mitchel and Kuzma,but Simmons is the real deal...

Cant comment on Fultz as he hasn't shown up yet,bit if you are right,Philly is going to be scary good..

P.S. I just looked at Tatums numbers...Yikes

How good is Danny Ainge?
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 8:54 pm

Re: Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Postby spree#8 » January 9, 2018, 1:42 pm

taowave wrote:OK,MAYBE Mitchel and Kuzma,but Simmons is the real deal...

Cant comment on Fultz as he hasn't shown up yet,bit if you are right,Philly is going to be scary good..

P.S. I just looked at Tatums numbers...Yikes

How good is Danny Ainge?


Pretty damn good. Agreed on Simmons.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Previous

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests