2017 NBA free agency thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2017 NBA free agency thread

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 2:06 pm

Free agent Tyreke Evans has agreed to a one-year, $3.3M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell ESPN.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby StevoStarks » July 7, 2017, 2:12 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:July 7, 2017 – The New York Knickerbockers announced today that the team has waived center Marshall Plumlee. https://t.co/RH1EFtmfD8

Adios!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 3:14 pm

Pistons' reportedly offered KCP a 5-year, $80 million deal. Salary "wasn't even close" to what KCP was seeking. (via @JakeLFischer)
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

Sources: Clippers meeting with two free agent centers today: Willie Reed and Jeff Withey.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 6:01 pm

Free agent Raymond Felton agrees to one-year deal with Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources tell ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby spree#8 » July 7, 2017, 6:04 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Free agent Raymond Felton agrees to one-year deal with Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources tell ESPN.

What? So no Felton part III in NY? I expected the "Knicks are interested in bringing Felton back"-headline by the start of next week. :D
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 6:36 pm

Hawks guard Jamal Crawford has finalized his contract buyout, league source tells The Vertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 7:50 pm

Free agent guard Shelvin Mack is finalizing a two-year, $12M deal with the Orlando Magic, league sources tell ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 7:57 pm

Cavs have reached a deal with free-agent forward Jeff Green, I'm told.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 7, 2017, 7:59 pm

Cavs have agreed with Jeff Green on a 2.3M l, 1-year minimum deal, sources say
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby nazrmohamed » July 7, 2017, 8:17 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Free agent Tyreke Evans has agreed to a one-year, $3.3M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell ESPN.

Tim Hardaway Jr. Just let that simmer
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » July 7, 2017, 8:19 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Cavs have reached a deal with free-agent forward Jeff Green, I'm told.

And he'll be had for like 5mil per. Wtf New York
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » July 7, 2017, 9:34 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Free agent Tyreke Evans has agreed to a one-year, $3.3M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell ESPN.

nazrmohamed wrote:Tim Hardaway Jr. Just let that simmer

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Cavs have reached a deal with free-agent forward Jeff Green, I'm told.

nazrmohamed wrote:And he'll be had for like 5mil per. Wtf New York

No scrubs, please. Both are too injury plagued - which is why their price is down. Scrubs might be great for the tank, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't look at adding young talent with your cap space first.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 8, 2017, 6:17 pm

Jamal Crawford is in serious talks to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves once he clears waivers, league sources tell The Vertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 10, 2017, 7:18 am

Restricted free agent Alan Williams has agreed to a three-year, $17M deal to stay with the Phoenix Suns, league sources tell The Vertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Don Che » July 10, 2017, 7:27 am

Lol just funny that Tim is considered young talent....he's one of those things..... for now

Only way this deal is worth it is if he drops 17-21 ppg and decides to defend or pass or rebound

We are getting a steal if he can do better in 2 of those things.

18/4 assists and be a 0 defender... I'll take back my shade on the guy
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » July 10, 2017, 12:51 pm

Don Che wrote:Lol just funny that Tim is considered young talent....he's one of those things..... for now

Only way this deal is worth it is if he drops 17-21 ppg and decides to defend or pass or rebound

We are getting a steal if he can do better in 2 of those things.

18/4 assists and be a 0 defender... I'll take back my shade on the guy

Spree mentioned Fournier's contract in another thread and it's a very interesting comparison. He's got a 5 year $85M deal and averages 17.2 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists last season in 32 minutes a game. I'm hoping that if we ramp up THJ's minutes and have him start he'll be able to match those numbers, if not better them.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » July 10, 2017, 1:05 pm

yeh those numbers I can live with but wasnt Evan like 22 when he got that deal?

i think our coaching staff will have alot to do with how Tim will execute. I'd say 80% of players are as good as the system thats set for them.

Not sure if Jeff will do a good job in that setting but I'm curious to find out.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » July 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

Don Che wrote:yeh those numbers I can live with but wasnt Evan like 22 when he got that deal?

i think our coaching staff will have alot to do with how Tim will execute. I'd say 80% of players are as good as the system thats set for them.

Not sure if Jeff will do a good job in that setting but I'm curious to find out.

:? Both guys are born in 1992. Fournier is still on the books for 4 years and 68 mill (after already having gotten 17 last season), THJ for 4 years and 71. Also Fournier is just one example of roughly 70 mill committed over 4 years. But anyways: tell me which younger and better player we could've gotten this summer on the free agent market. Realistically to the Knicks. I don't know anyone.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » July 10, 2017, 8:03 pm

Free agent Reggie Bullock has agreed to a two-year, $5M deal to re-sign with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell The Vertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

PreviousNext

Return to NBA