2017 NBA trade rumors (3 team deal Cavs, Kings, and Utah)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:The Ricky Rubio trade is happening, sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune. Deal is close to being done
Timberwolves traded Rubio to sign Derrick Rose in free agency?

There must be two Derrick Rose.
#TeamTank
Boston_PuppyDawg

Whoa Paul George has been traded to OKC, per sources
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Whoa Paul George has been traded to OKC, per sources

Paul George coming to Oklahoma City via trade, I can confirm. Oladipo and Sabonis headed to Indy. @ramonashelburne first reported.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

[youtube]Exj2Ai6XXGY[/youtube]
spree#8
Likes given: 547

shakespeare wrote:
Timberwolves traded Rubio to sign Derrick Rose in free agency?

There must be two Derrick Rose.
D-Rose was only the fall back option, which together with the first round pick would already have been better than what they got offered for Rubio at the deadline. It will become even better though now, because they go for Teague instead of Rose with that cap room: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1977 ... mberwolves

http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 20#p707661

Brilliant move!
#knickstape
spree#8

Love it! Hopefully he agrees to stay there.
#knickstape
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

I'm still intrigued by the Paul move from the Rockets perspective. No doubt Chris Paul is Chris Paul. I know what he can do and how helps other players. But that offense last season was out of control and it had everything to do with Harden playing point. Clearly his most successful and dynamic season. And now you take the ball out of his hands and put it in Paul's. I'm not saying they're going to be bad, but this has to be a bit of a learning curve and change in philosophy. I'm just not sold that this will work as well as last season did.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8

MD interested in reuniting with Shumpert:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1978 ... rade-talks
The Cleveland Cavaliers are engaged in serious discussions on a deal to send guard Iman Shumpert to the Houston Rockets, according to league sources.
Cavs might try to get their salaries down to have the full MLE (over 8 mill this year) instead of the tax-payer MLE.
#knickstape
Boston_PuppyDawg

For now, Cavs/Rockets deal for Shumpert has significantly stalled, league sources say. Houston agreed with P.J. Tucker last night. https://t.co/2KekvjOBeg
Boston_PuppyDawg

Clippers and Grizzlies discussing a sign and trade for Tony Allen. (via @daldridgetnt)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Jazz, Celtics engage on Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade for Jae Crowder. Latest story with @ramonashelburne https://t.co/E9Eaa4t829
shakespeare

I'm probably the only person that watches NBA and believes Crowder is a better overall player than Hayward.

Boston may lose Bradley and Crowder to sign Hayward.

If so, that's a bad move for Boston, in my humble opinion.
#TeamTank
gradyandrew

shakespeare wrote:I'm probably the only person that watches NBA and believes Crowder is a better overall player than Hayward.

No dude, Hayward sucks. He was justlucky to play in Utah.
Randle in the Rafters
Boston_PuppyDawg

Heat plan to send McRoberts and a future second round pick to Dallas for A.J. Hammons, league sources tell The Vertical. https://t.co/OJY3sDiB4q
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

shakespeare wrote:I'm probably the only person that watches NBA and believes Crowder is a better overall player than Hayward.

I'm curious if this is more credit to Crowder or down on Hayward.
gradyandrew wrote:No dude, Hayward sucks. He was justlucky to play in Utah.
Utah was excellent defensively and to an extent that allowed Hayward to run amuck on offense, he wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop like that on a more talented offensive team. He's going to have to adjust but I think he has the skills to be more efficient by picking his spots more.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Boston_PuppyDawg

The Houston Rockets are working to flip their $10M in non-guaranteed contracts for players or assets, league sources tell ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Sources: Boston, Utah sign-and-trade talks dormant since AM. Celtics engaged throughout NBA on Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I'd offer: Bradley + Smart for O'Quinn + future 2nd rounder + trade exception. No-one is trading someone with significant upside on a rookie contract for those guys.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
shakespeare

n8 the gr8 wrote: more credit to Crowder or down on Hayward
More credit to the Crowder (one of the most underrated players in the league).

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/20/jae ... s-move-on/
#TeamTank
spree#8

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1989 ... it-pistons
The Boston Celtics are trading guard Avery Bradley and a second-round pick to the Detroit Pistons for forward Marcus Morris, league sources told ESPN.

The Bradley deal creates the salary-cap space needed to sign free-agent forward Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $128 million maximum contract.
#knickstape