SIXERS!!??

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Trading for fultz have Simmons embiid saric if this team can stay healthy smh. Atlantic division is going to be rough in the coming years..
:cry:
Fxck Adam Silver
taowave
Likes given: 817

Magic and the Lakers are in the mix as well. Rumor has it that Fultz made a huge impression on Magic and may offer Randle and swap picks with the Celts to get Fultz..
ISIAH_THOMAS

nah done
Fxck Adam Silver
taowave

looks like you are right..Confusion over how many picks the Celts will get back...

Philly looks good on paper

The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics have agreed to a trade that will send the No. 1 pick in the draft to the Sixers, who intend to select Markelle Fultz, according to TNT’s David Aldridge.

The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski also confirmed the report. The two teams will finalize terms on Monday. Wojnarowski reports that the Celtics will receive the No. 3 overall pick in this year’s draft, the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick and the Kings’ 2019 first-round pick in exchange. The latter two picks were in Philadelphia‘s possession from prior trades and will have draft range protections.

Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe reported the Celtics are receiving just one future first in addition to No. 3, in a conflicting report.

A storm of reports trickled out late Friday afternoon linking Boston and Philadelphia via trade. Fultz, the talented guard out of Washington who has long been the presumptive No. 1 pick in the draft, worked out for the Sixers on Saturday instead of a previously scheduled meeting with the Celtics. His workout was the final domino for Philadelphia to OK the deal, according to Wojnarowski and other reports.

Boston has been linked to Kansas forward Josh Jackson at No. 3. The Lakers are sandwiched between the two teams and have interest in Jackson at No. 2, among other prospects including UCLA guard Lonzo Ball. Jackson has not yet worked out for the Celtics and it’s unclear at this stage whether that will happen.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Fultz , Simmons, Embiid. That's so depressing as a knicks fan. We have no chance
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
noypi
Likes given: 24

With all those picks, I would not be surprised if Boston is not yet done dealing. They're in position to draft Josh Jackson and could offer some of those picks and they're young assets for Jimmy Butler/PG13/Melo and even have money still to sign premier FA 's like Hayward and Griffin.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
taowave

Done deal....
taowave

Free agency was our chance and Phil blew that one..

Mediocrity is our upside

H20Knick wrote:Fultz , Simmons, Embiid. That's so depressing as a knicks fan. We have no chance
ISIAH_THOMAS

Would be nice if we didn't get he 8th pick for this shit season.
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Imagine they drafted KP

Simmons
Fultz
Saric
Kp
Embid
:o
Fxck Adam Silver
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

I think Ainge is believing too much of the press. Consensus number 1 picks always work out, everything else is a 50/50 shot.
Randle in the Rafters
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Ainge probably believes that No. 3 is as good as No. 1 in this year's draft. Maximizing his asset. He better be right though about Josh Jackson or whomever he targets at 3 in comparison with Fultz or the Celtics fans will be pissed. Next year's Lakers pick or the Kings 2019 is another great asset to use in a deal for a star player though, so if he is right with his guy at 3, this deal looks pretty good.

Fultz, Embiid and Simmons look like a nice core though obviously Embiid ad Simmons have to get their injury problems in check first.
#knickstape
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

gradyandrew wrote:I think Ainge is believing too much of the press. Consensus number 1 picks always work out, everything else is a 50/50 shot.
They have IT as their starting PG. If anything, Ainge seems to be committed to showing more loyalty to his current star PG in Thomas than trying to fit two square pieces together into one hole by having both Fultz and IT as the starting backcourt (both will be undersized at their potential positions, IT already undersized at the point, Fultz will be an undersized 2-guard despite being 6'4")........not to mention both guys are scoring PGs, which will reduce the effectiveness of the team offense at certain points as well.

It would've been awesome to see if those 2 guys grow together as complements, but.........going after Josh Jackson potentially at #3 seems a lot better from the team makeup aspect of the Celtics than trying to force Fultz as a starting 2-guard OR have Fultz off the bench behind IT.

Believe me, if this year's draft class had a different set of prospects as potential #1 picks that ARE NOT POINT GUARDS.......you damn well be sure Ainge would still be holding on to his #1 pick.
nbafreak724

We need to hire Hinkie. There's a reason why Sixers fans worship this guy.

I can't even be that mad at this. They trusted the process and now everyone is starting to see the benefits
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 795

Well let us wait and see... Embiid injury history is just scary and this could also affect Simmons let us see how he holds up. They wasted a pick on Okafor and I believe everybody is hyping Saric a bit much... Fultz could be a difference maker... But let us remember he have not played a NBA game yet...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

The last time the Celtics traded away the 1st for the 3rd, they pssed on first round pick Joe Barry Carrol, and picked at 3, unknown Kevin mvAle. They received Center Robert Parrish for the swap. This is what Ainge remembers.

You guys should watch 30 for 30 Celtics-Lakers. :popcorn:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
shakespeare

Fultz was the only player in this draft that I saw as an All-NBA type player.

6ers are real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

BTW, smart move by Ainge. Celtics really didn't need Fultz, so he slides down a couple notches and grabs a solid player at 3 and reloads on future lottery picks.
#TeamTank
Nononsense

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Imagine they drafted KP

Simmons
Fultz
Saric
Kp
Embid
:o
Better yet, imagine if they had drafted Ball. I know it's early and I expect Fultz looks to be a solid pick, but Ball looks to have the "it" factor.

PG - Lonzo Ball
SG - Who Cares?
SF - Ben Simmons
PF - Kristaps Porzingis
C - Joel Embid

Give that core 3 years to grow and gel (and competent front office moves to fill in the gaps), and GSW would be in a world of trouble, assuming they'd still be together.