Kenyon Martin might've been the dirtiest player to play the game

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

I watched a video of his son dunking on YouTube [he can jump outta the gym] which somehow led me to "Kenyon Martin fights," and I gotta say Kenyon was an absolutely dirty player. I mean, I knew he was dirty, but not this dirty. I'm actually surprised he wasn't banned for life, at some point.

Too many clips to post, but I'll list a few to shed some light:
1) Kenyon fights Corey Maggette
2) Flagrant foul on Garnett
3) Look how he manhandles Goran Dragic, too funny
4) Flagrant foul on Dirk Nowitzki
5) Flagrant foul on Trevor Ariza
6) Flagrant foul on Mutombo
7) Flagrant foul on Karl Malone
8) Flagrant foul on Ray Allen
9) Kenyon Martin reveals the time he knocked Nene out with a ‘one-hitter-quitter’ http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/us-sp ... 2c8d271dfe

Don't get me wrong: I came up with the 90s Knicks, I love the grit. But there's a huge difference between Charles Oakley, Xavier McDaniel and Kenyon Martin.
#TeamTank
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

The Garnett, Dirk, Mutumbo and Allen plays had a little something extra on them for sure but IMO they're more chippy than dirty. The Malone and Ariza plays were the dirtiest, those looked really malicious. I always remember him being a tough bastard but had forgotten about plays like those.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

that was pretty clear even in ncaa when he played for cincinnati, a lot of elbows and shoving, trash talking for a guy with so much more talent than his peers. he was explosive, strong and aggressive, kept at it in the pro game. he owes a ton to jason kidd for getting him to focus on the game, be a better player.