Larry Sanders being waive

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Larry Sanders being waive

Postby nazrmohamed » April 12, 2017, 7:03 am

Menu
RealGM WiretapRealGM Wiretap

Cavs To Release Larry Sanders To Sign Edy Tavares
APR 12, 2017 12:36 AM

The Cleveland Cavaliers will waive Larry Sanders to sign Edy Tavares.

Sanders had no issues during his time with the Cavaliers after signing a two-year deal in March. The sides mutually worked out his release when it was clear they wouldn't place him in their rotation.

Tavares plans to sign a three-year contract with the Cavaliers.

Tavares was the No. 43 overall pick to the Atlanta Hawks in the 2014 NBA draft. He played 12 NBA games from 2015-16 and was released by the Hawks on Oct. 31.

Tavares averaged 10.9 points and 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks for the season with Raptors 905.

Would anyone consider signing him to a camp deal? The guy used to block a hell of alot of shots and was a good rebounder. Might be worth a shot on a low salary deal
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Re: Larry Sanders being waive

Postby thewatcher » April 12, 2017, 7:50 am

Nah, we have too many bigs already. OQuinn leads the league in blocked shots off the bench. I want him and Willie gettiong bigger roles next year.

On a side note, I have to laugh at the way the Cavs have scrambled their roster this past month, I'm going to enjoy the GS sweep of them in the finals so much!!! the desperation will carry over to the summer when Love will be scapegoated and Melo will be the Hail Mary answer to LBron's unhappiness. We need to scoop up a couple of firsts from the Cavs or tell them to fck off.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby H20Knick » April 12, 2017, 8:20 am

thewatcher wrote:Nah, we have too many bigs already. OQuinn leads the league in blocked shots off the bench. I want him and Willie gettiong bigger roles next year.

On a side note, I have to laugh at the way the Cavs have scrambled their roster this past month, I'm going to enjoy the GS sweep of them in the finals so much!!! the desperation will carry over to the summer when Love will be scapegoated and Melo will be the Hail Mary answer to LBron's unhappiness. We need to scoop up a couple of firsts from the Cavs or tell them to fck off.

the wizards will beat the cavs in 6 unless the refs put in the fix. you heard it here first!
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby big_j_NY » April 12, 2017, 12:51 pm

The fact that Sanders decided to leave shortly after signing a 2-year deal...........no.

If Sanders didn't want to play for the defending world champs for a 2-year commitment, what makes you think he'll sign to our rebuilding asses for a training camp session?
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » April 13, 2017, 11:00 am

Rebuild rule #1: No one over the age of 24 who will actually help you win games.

Young players are good, you develop so they when they're in their prime, your team is ready to contend.

Old players who suck are good, because they help you tank
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby big_j_NY » April 13, 2017, 12:31 pm

H20Knick wrote:Rebuild rule #1: No one over the age of 24 who will actually help you win games.

Young players are good, you develop so they when they're in their prime, your team is ready to contend.

Old players who suck are good, because they help you tank
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » April 22, 2017, 3:10 pm

i don't think we need a shot blocker per se, a physical defender, defensiverebounder that can hit ft's and open shots is our need at the 4/5. ideally, someone that play alongside kp, willy and noah; should be 6'8 - 10" with freakish length, good mobility and motor, must cover the p&r well.
cragganmor

Return to NBA