Devin Booker is the GOAT

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

BXGuy
Likes given: 8

Anyone who favored Russell over Booker, bow to me.

[youtube]V66fkyRNlZc[/youtube]
The artist formally known as prguy.
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

To be honest while the number itself is impressive when you look at the context it really isnt.

Phoenix sucks. They were clearly feeding him for the 70 the entire game, even when they were down double digits near the end of the game. He was 21-40 from the field....yeah its over 50 percent, barely.....but that doesnt say to me that hes an excellent player. Not only that but he took 26 free throws....which means that 40 attempts is more like 50 something attempts. I give him props for having that kind of stamina to be able to accomplish that....but give a real top player 50 shots in a game and see what numbers they produce :hmm:

annnnd looking at the box score he had a negative plus minus.....5 turnovers. Good job Phoenix :drunk:

Meanwhile Isiah Thomas was plus 26, had 7 assists 2 turnovers, 34 points. Who had the better game :hmm:

Final point is last week I saw Kyrie had 46 shooting 15-21 from the field. Thats on fire. I respect that way more. Just my opinion though

Second and true final point is Kobe's 81 point game had similar attempt numbers. 28-46, 18-20 from the line. So give or take around the same amount of attempts. JUST SAYING...I know its weak to compare someone to Kobe but when you are throwing up 40 shots and shooting 26 free throws, you are trying to show you are an elite scorer so....
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

I'm not going to try to downplay scoring 70 points but everything you said is totally valid, koop.

IMO someone is going to break 100 points in the next 10-15 years.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
BXGuy
Likes given: 8

revisiting this, Koopa was hating too hard on Booker. Booker had 70 points on a elite defense at a young age, and now he's one of the top scoring SG in the NBA on an elite level. Booker can drop 40-50 any night.
The artist formally known as prguy.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

You came outta the grave to settle scores.

taowave
Likes given: 817

Mr Booker,meet Mr Doncic
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

taowave wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:08 pm Mr Booker,meet Mr Doncic
Haha the Hawks were so dumb to let Luka go
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion