Buyout/Waive thread 2017

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Buyout/Waive thread 2017

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 23, 2017, 5:16 pm

Mavs waive Deron Williams
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: Buyout/Waive thread 2017

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 23, 2017, 5:36 pm

Multiple teams interested in Deron Williams tell ESPN they believe Williams has already decided to join Cleveland upon clearing waivers
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 23, 2017, 6:12 pm

Pelicans officially waive Terrance Jones.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby shakespeare » February 23, 2017, 7:18 pm

Still hard to believe how far, and quickly, Deron Williams fell in this league.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 23, 2017, 9:41 pm

Sixers PG Chasson Randle waived.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby big_j_NY » February 23, 2017, 10:36 pm

Oh my god.............http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/ ... p?cmpid=wn

The moment Bogut gets bought out by the Sixers, this will get interesting.

If Bogut manages to walk back to Golden State AND returns as their starting Center, the Warriors will have the best starting 5 in the NBA

Sources: After an NBA review, @BobbyMarks42 interpretation is correct: Golden State is eligible to sign Andrew Bogut as a free agent.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA)

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/stat ... 9644492800
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 24, 2017, 6:56 pm

The Suns have waived Jared Sullinger and Mike Scott after acquiring them.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 24, 2017, 8:36 pm

The Pelicans have waived Omri Casspi due to his broken thumb. Plan on signing Reggie Williams.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 25, 2017, 2:53 pm

Story going online now: The Lakers and veteran guard Jose Calderon are exploring their buyout options, ESPN has learned.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 25, 2017, 3:00 pm

As for Cavs/Rockets/Spurs target Andrew Bogut: ESPN sources say that the Sixers remain engaged in buyout talks with the Australian center.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby gradyandrew » February 25, 2017, 7:11 pm

I hate this year's team for making me miss Jose.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » February 25, 2017, 7:16 pm

Jose 2015-2016 4 win share
Rose 2016- 2017 1.7 win shares

now I'm going to look for an oven to stick my head in.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby shakespeare » February 25, 2017, 7:46 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Multiple teams interested in Deron Williams tell ESPN they believe Williams has already decided to join Cleveland upon clearing waivers

Deron averages 8 assists for his career, so I guess LeBron got the playmaker he wanted. Not sure how much Deron has left in the tank, but he should have no problem spelling Kyrie off the bench. I know Cavs are happy they didn't rush and sign Hinrich or Chalmers or Stephenson. http://www.nba.com/article/2017/02/25/d ... -sign-cavs

There's nothing Cavs can do at this point, but bring their knives and a deeper bench to the gun fight against Golden State.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 27, 2017, 8:14 am

The New York Knicks are waiving guard Brandon Jennings, league sources tell @TheVertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 27, 2017, 11:25 am

The Nets just announced the release of Luis Scola, who suddenly joins the buyout market.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby gradyandrew » March 1, 2017, 12:35 am

The nba is great. It's all competitive in the beginning but for the last third half the teams are chasing the top and half the bottom.
gradyandrew

Postby DrJ6 » March 1, 2017, 3:05 am

gradyandrew wrote:The nba is great. It's all competitive in the beginning but for the last third half the teams are chasing the top and half the bottom.

Yeah, it's a different world than a multi-level league system, where bottom teams fight for not being demoted to the lower league.

There are no easy fixes for the tanking on purpose being often the optimal strategy for many teams. Maybe the team's lottery chances should take into account not only current standings but also positions in a few previous drafts?
"Tom Thibodeau had a great saying about our teams in New York: 'Maybe beaten, never out-competed.'"
DrJ6

Postby n8 the gr8 » March 1, 2017, 6:40 pm

DrJ6 wrote:Yeah, it's a different world than a multi-level league system, where bottom teams fight for not being demoted to the lower league.

There are no easy fixes for the tanking on purpose being often the optimal strategy for many teams. Maybe the team's lottery chances should take into account not only current standings but also positions in a few previous drafts?
That would be really interesting. I'd also be interested in a premier-league system but there's no way the owners would go for that.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby spree#8 » March 3, 2017, 5:24 pm

DrJ6 wrote:Yeah, it's a different world than a multi-level league system, where bottom teams fight for not being demoted to the lower league.

n8 the gr8 wrote:That would be really interesting. I'd also be interested in a premier-league system but there's no way the owners would go for that.

Be careful what you wish for. In many European soccer leagues there are super dominant teams who stay on top forever. Luckily NBA owners never would go that route.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » March 4, 2017, 12:39 am

I wish for a world where the two best options for a team aren't beating the Warriors or losing to the Nets.
gradyandrew

Return to NBA