Around The NBA 16-17

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Around The NBA 16-17

Postby shakespeare » February 8, 2017, 3:37 pm

Last year, Sixers GM Jerry Colangelo stated he wanted the team to be "very competitive" within 3 years. And to be honest, unless Embiid and Simmons suffer injury-plagued careers, they've the opportunity to become perennial playoff contenders. Sixers look to add two more core players via this year's draft, which predicts the Sixers will walk away with two of the top 7 players in college basketball. Add Nerlens Noel, who appears overrated, to that roster. I also like what Covington and Daric bring as role players.

If I'm Philadelphia, I'm trading Okafor as soon as possible (word on the street is the Pelicans but the hold up is Philly wants New Orleans' 1st rounder in the deal) and signing cheap, defensive-minded veteran players in the offseason.

As far as Boston, it's crazy to think a 50-win team might add the top pick in a loaded draft to their roster. Ainge should go hard after Gordon Hayward in the offseason.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » February 12, 2017, 12:39 am

Thunder Crowd showed up and Russ was great, but his team mates are pure trash :warp:
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby big_j_NY » February 24, 2017, 2:42 am

Um........remember when we almost considered drafting him? :o

And he put up these numbers against Jokic, one of the on-the-rise young Centers
Last edited by big_j_NY on February 24, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » February 24, 2017, 2:41 pm

Jokic can't defend but still its good to see his progress. WCS that is.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby shakespeare » February 27, 2017, 1:31 pm

Joke or no joke, Cuban stood up for Dirk against Bleacher Report https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.2982426
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 28, 2017, 1:41 pm

Nate Robinson doing crazy shit in the D League.

How is he in the D league??? :hmm:
Koopa Troopa

Postby big_j_NY » March 1, 2017, 1:07 am

Watch this........and remind yourself who is the current PG for the NY Knicks.

:sadno:
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » March 8, 2017, 3:50 am

Dirk Nowitzki becomes 6th NBA player to reach 30,000 career points https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 29945.html

So much respect for Dirk.

I once picked the 8th seeded Warriors to defeat Dirk's Mavericks in the '07 playoffs, which was the same season Dirk won MVP. Golden State won. Afterward, I wrote that he should return the award. This is how much watching Dirk's game in the postseason frustrated me. But when he and the Mavs took down the super-team Miami Heat in the Finals [Nowitzki averaged 26 and 9], there was no dispute that he'd go down in history as one of the greatest players in my lifetime.

Note: Somehow he managed to reach the Finals twice while playing in the Western Conference where Spurs and Lakers had it locked for many years.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby n8 the gr8 » March 8, 2017, 10:19 pm

Dirk is pretty incredible and a class act. Every fan deserves to have a guy like Dirk play for their franchise once in their life. 30,000 is a lot of points.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby nazrmohamed » March 8, 2017, 11:31 pm

big_j_NY wrote:

Watch this........and remind yourself who is the current PG for the NY Knicks.

:sadno:

One day the Wizards tanked and then tanked again and then let the chips fall where they may, over and over and here they are today for better or worse. Could've easily had Durant choose them and been bonafide top 4 in the league, but even without that a good team.

All the knicks need to do is look around the nba. Its happening everywhere but here.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby H20Knick » March 12, 2017, 8:39 pm

I don't know that that's fair Nazr.. The Wizards won 26 games and ended up with the first pick, jumping 5th to 1st. They won 20 games and ended up with the 3rd pick, falling 2nd to 3rd. Then they won 29 games and ended up with the 3rd pick, jumping 8th to 3rd. It's bullshit. As bad as the Knicks have been in the last 17 years, our highest pick has been 4. The lottery hasn't benefited us since the very first one in 85/

When the knicks won 29 games in 09, it ended up as the 9th pick in someone else's hands
When we won 17 games, the worst season in franchise history, we fell all the way to 4th. It's depressing. The future would seem so much brighter if we had gotten Towns at 1.

We need lottery luck
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby shakespeare » March 13, 2017, 11:56 am

Still trying to figure whether I want Denver, Dallas, New Orleans or Minnesota to claim the 8th seed in the playoffs. Probably the Pelicans, though.

Not that any of these teams can defeat Golden State or San Antonio in a playoff series. But the combination of AD and Boogie Cousins adds entertainment value.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » March 13, 2017, 12:05 pm

n8 the gr8 wrote:Dirk is pretty incredible and a class act. Every fan deserves to have a guy like Dirk play for their franchise once in their life. 30,000 is a lot of points.

If interested, here's a quick read on Nowitzki that touches upon the invaluable role that his support team and shooting coach played in his NBA career. The article added how, at first, Dirk was getting thrown around like a rag doll.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas- ... 1998-draft
shakespeare
Writer

Previous

Return to NBA