Where did all these young, promising centers come from all of a sudden?

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Anyone watching Heat vs Bulls? Whiteside has 8 blocks in like 20 minutes.
#TeamTank
taowave
Likes given: 817

triple double in 25 minutes

13 pts,12 reb,10 blocks...

great pick up by Riley...

shakespeare wrote:Anyone watching Heat vs Bulls? Whiteside has 8 blocks in like 20 minutes.
shakespeare

Tao,

I can't believe what I just saw. Amazing shotblocker. Definitely a great pickup. Real-live paint protector.
#TeamTank
rebound
Likes given: 1104

He's an UFA this summer yea?
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

taowave wrote:triple double in 25 minutes

13 pts,12 reb,10 blocks...

great pick up by Riley...
Maad!!!

But gimmie Nappy Gilmore instead.

We know how Phil loves his project players, he helped Rodman and Artest why not give him a shot with Sanders Ganja habit. In that regard he and the Zen Master probably have a lot in common. Plus Sanders value couldn't be any lower in Milwaukee right now...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

shakespeare wrote:Anyone watching Heat vs Bulls? Whiteside has 8 blocks in like 20 minutes.
I'm already a Hassan Whiteside fan..........

https://vine.co/v/OThZrDjl97h

My man :clap: :LOL:
taowave

i was thinking the same thing(once i figured out who nappy was)

heres all 12c of Whitesides blocks..

http://deadspin.com/here-are-all-12-blo ... 1681714751

of course we draft Jerome Jordan in the same draft

Maad!!!

But gimmie Nappy Gilmore instead.

We know how Phil loves his project players, he helped Rodman and Artest why not give him a shot with Sanders Ganja habit. In that regard he and the Zen Master probably have a lot in common. Plus Sanders value couldn't be any lower in Milwaukee right now...
[/quote]
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

whiteside was always a shotblocker with height and freakish length, just that he had absolutely nothing else in his game coming out of marshall; very scrawny, at 6'11", 226#. he worked on getting stronger, 265# now and can bang against legit nba bodies, rebound the ball, put back loose balls near the rim. the guy was a long-term project that took 4 years to get to this point, hats off to him to fight the long, hard slog to succeed.
shakespeare

cragganmor wrote: rebound the ball.
Whiteside has 13 rebounds in the 1st quarter against Dallas.

Unreal.
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Him being successful is no surprise more shocked thatmany GMs let him slip as much as they did...same as DeAndre Jordan
taowave

I just saw that and was wondering if it was an error..wow

Whiteside has 13 rebounds in the 1st quarter against Dallas.

Unreal.[/quote]
shakespeare

21 boards in 22 minutes, thus far. Isn't that insane? And playing against a solid rebounding team in Dallas.

Too bad injuries are killing the Heat, this season.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

Don Che wrote:Him being successful is no surprise more shocked thatmany GMs let him slip as much as they did...same as DeAndre Jordan
He's just doing it for his NBA 2K Rating, yall

:LOL: :LOL:
shakespeare

Too funny, big j. Whiteside's NBA 2K rating is growing by the day. Did you see the game, today? This is the 3rd consecutive Sunday I've witnessed him destroy a team. Today against Boston, he went for 20 and 9 and 3 blocks on 10-17 shooting.

Don Che, I agree, lots of GMs pass on young talent all the time. In watching old videos of Whiteside I notice he was kind of small for a big man. Looks like the added pounds helped with his confidence. The athleticism was already present, though.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

I love this kid
shakespeare

Peep the Wade-like move by Whiteside:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F85AFB ... 2JDjFB3rD.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

[youtube]i-pT5eau4K8[/youtube]

ALL FOR THE NBA 2K RATING
shakespeare

Heat will have no choice but to let Hassan Whiteside become an unrestricted free agent in 2016

The many intricacies of the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement seem to be slanted in ownership’s favor, especially where player contracts are concerned.

Not only are there limits on how much a player can make each season (and on any single contract in total), but through things like the draft and restricted free agency, depending on the way those first couple of contracts are structured, a team can hold onto a player’s rights for his first six or seven NBA seasons.

There are situations, however, where a player can out-perform his current deal, and force his team into an unpleasant set of circumstances. And Hassan Whiteside, who is having a breakout season with the Miami Heat, is in position to do exactly that.

From Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

Under NBA rules, contracts shorter than four years in length, such as Whiteside’s, cannot be extended.

The only way for the Heat to offer Whiteside a new contract after this season would be to waive the final year on his contract. However, because Whiteside is only signed for the league minimum next season, any and every other team could (and assuredly would) put in a claim.

In addition, because of the two seasons Whiteside previously spent with the Sacramento Kings, he would become an unrestricted free agent in 2016, as opposed to if these next two seasons with the Heat were his lone NBA tenure, in which case the Heat would have the right to match outside offers.

Because Whiteside will enter 2016 free agency with only two seasons with the Heat, he would not be eligible for full Larry Bird Rights, where the Heat could go over the salary cap up to the NBA maximum to retain him. Instead, if the Heat do not have the necessary cap space in the 2016 offseason (which they are expected to have), they only could offer Whiteside a contract starting at the NBA’s average salary for 2016-17.

Whiteside has had a long and difficult journey on the way to his current level of NBA success, and is signed to a non-guaranteed deal for under $1 million to play in Miami next season. He undoubtedly won’t be doing the Heat any favors when it’s time to finally cash in on all of his hard work, once it’s time for his next contract to be signed.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... er=ya5nbcs

Rumble, young man. Rumble. Cause you're about to GET PAID in 2016.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Whiteside's numbers against Timberwolves: 22 points, 19 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 12-13 shooting.

INSANE.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

shakespeare wrote:Whiteside's numbers against Timberwolves: 22 points, 19 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 12-13 shooting.

INSANE.
He's gunning for that 99 overall rating on NBA 2K15..............you hear that Lebron, he's gunning for your top spot boi

:LOL: :LOL:

I love this kid