Anthony Davis demands trade.

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Anthony Davis demands trade.

Postby DrJ6 » February 9, 2019, 5:59 am

Now that the Pels are playing AD just to avoid fines but sit him in the 4th quarter to lose and tank is pathetic. I mean, it's pathetic that it is the optimal strategy.
"Tom Thibodeau had a great saying about our teams in New York: 'Maybe beaten, never out-competed.'"
DrJ6

Postby StevoStarks » February 11, 2019, 12:47 am

Would you give up the #1 pick, aka, Zion, for AD?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » February 11, 2019, 3:12 pm

StevoStarks wrote:Would you give up the #1 pick, aka, Zion, for AD?

Yes.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby StevoStarks » February 11, 2019, 3:58 pm

I think I'm a no. Am I crazy?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby thewatcher » February 11, 2019, 4:03 pm

StevoStarks wrote:I think I'm a no. Am I crazy?
Stevo, drafting a potential great like Tim Duncan can bring success for 10 years, so I'm leaning towards a no, but want to see what Zion does in the remainder of his season.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » February 11, 2019, 6:49 pm

99% of the time I'd say no but hes only 25 yrs old and I know Zion won't ever be as good as him. It's really that simple. It's not a knock on Zion, AD is just that good and when you then consider next steps from there it makes sense. My bigger issue is that we shoulda just done the trade with KP if that were the case. Now we gotta come up with salary just to make a trade happen. So who fills up the trade? Well just about our entire current roster.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby DrJ6 » February 12, 2019, 5:07 am

nazrmohamed wrote:Now we gotta come up with salary just to make a trade happen. So who fills up the trade? Well just about our entire current roster.

Can't the Knicks sign, let's say, me in that case for whatever salary needed to fill up the trade? Then after the trade the Pels will
probably waive me. But who knows, looking at Noah, I might sign after that for vet's minimum with some tanking team :)
"Tom Thibodeau had a great saying about our teams in New York: 'Maybe beaten, never out-competed.'"
DrJ6

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 12, 2019, 5:49 am

Cons: older by a few years, some injury history, salary fitting his talent
Pros: AD is a sure thing. He's a young two-way MVP candidate and what you dream any pick becomes

So Yes
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby shakespeare » February 12, 2019, 9:17 am

It’ll take more than this, way more.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » February 12, 2019, 1:07 pm

Yeah for sure Shakes. Of course a trade package would include assets in addition to the #1 pick, but I don’t really care about any of our current players when it comes to an AD trade.

I want to be part of the Zion era.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » February 12, 2019, 7:38 pm

My thing is, if you aren't willing to give up talent for an AD trade then why the hell do you want Durant for? You've already broken your values so to speak when it comes to stopping the rebuild. It instantly becomes contend time and I dont think today or even in the next year Zion helps Durant do that.

Essentially folks getting Durant for us is like the Lakers getting Lebron. What you had prior to signing these stars becomes inconsequential unless it's to be used to help build a team around the star you just signed. I have considered the possibility (assuming you dont do the trade and instead get a second star like say Klay Mathews. Then maybe all our current high potential youth become the fillers but it's still not what you really want is it.

What you really have sold yourself is that Zion as a rookie or sophomore is gonna be this wave that rolls over the league and that he and Durant are gonna be best buds and throw lobs for each other and so forth. Zion will be a rookie folks. Be realistic. They will never share the same level of relevancy to thier team. Zion is the guy you draft for the next decade, not because hes helping Durant win titles. Players to be named are gonna help Durant win titles. So just get used to it or pick a side.

Do you want to build through Durant and a series of moves intended to build a contender literally in 2019/20
Or do you wanna draft too ranked talent to keep and develop for the next decade.

If you picked the top option then AD matters much more than a 19yr old draft pick, who cant shoot I must add.
nazrmohamed

Postby shakespeare » February 16, 2019, 2:58 pm

Apparently, the list of teams AD claimed he preferred to be traded was a false report. I read he never said Celtics weren’t included. In fact, every team in the league is on his list.

Not sure what to make of the last statement, though.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 16, 2019, 3:07 pm

StevoStarks wrote:
I want to be part of the Zion era.

If New York wins the lottery, I believe the smartest move to be select Zion and not include him in any trade packages, resign certain current albeit role players and attempt to sign an All-NBAer or All-Star in free agency.

If unable to sign anyone significant in free agency, then so be it.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 16, 2019, 3:10 pm

Better yet, even if New York doesn’t win the lottery, that should be the plan.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby dcapodic » February 17, 2019, 9:45 am

shakespeare wrote:Better yet, even if New York doesn’t win the lottery, that should be the plan.

I am on board with this.

Too much time and risk spent on trying to skip steps in "the process". Stay the course, do it right.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby StevoStarks » February 17, 2019, 3:14 pm

I’m kind of tired of the Anthony Davis storyline and it’s just beginning.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Previous

Return to NBA